Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [release] plugin.video.x-sopcast-0.2.21
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Bad luck with this one, the Raspbmc port I mean. Did everything from the above list but with no success.

Error:

"Script Failed!: Plugin.video.x.sopcast"

new terminal:

sudo chmod -R 755 /home/YOURUSERNAME/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.x-sopcast

same result, any other suggestions?
(2012-09-19, 21:41)Pacco Wrote: [ -> ]Bad luck with this one, the Raspbmc port I mean. Did everything from the above list but with no success.

Error:

new terminal:

Same here cant get this working

Downloads channel lists ok but as soon as I click to play one of the channels I get script error

(2012-09-23, 13:31)tododo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-09-19, 21:41)Pacco Wrote: [ -> ]Bad luck with this one, the Raspbmc port I mean. Did everything from the above list but with no success.

Error:

new terminal:

Same here cant get this working

Downloads channel lists ok but as soon as I click to play one of the channels I get script error

same here...i get the script error message..either directly in the addon or in sportsdevil
i can't even get the list of channels in the addon (the sopcast one)...sportsdevil, i see it, but i get that error regardless

anyone have any luck with sportsdevil?
I'm waiting for the RC5 of Raspbmc and hope that thinks will go smoother with this release, and Turbo feature enabled for my RPi
Go to the Raspbmc forum and post a log please
(2012-09-25, 18:39)Sam.Nazarko Wrote: [ -> ]Go to the Raspbmc forum and post a log please

I want to do that but when I try to create an account I get this:

" MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occured. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
can't open file "

Believe me that posting to Raspbmc's forum was my first thought.

If anyone can post and gets an answer please post here too.
Should be fixed
"an2njo Wrote:

As far as I know x-sopcast requires the sopcast binary (sp-sc-auth) and the one you downloaded is most likely compiled for the x86 architecture, not arm which the pi is using. That's why you can run it on your ubuntu pc but not on your pi.

I have solved my sopcast watching on the pi by starting the sopcast stream on my fileserver. I then put a .strm file on my pi that I can open in xbmc. The .strm file just need to contain the url to your stream, e.g. http://192.168.0.2:8908/tv.asf. It works like a charm."

an2njo Wrote:
You would need libstdc++5, not 6. But as I said in my first post... Unless you find sopcast pre-compiled for the arm architecture you will not get it going on your pi.

More answers will be posted
@ecinema

Please check your pm.
Another post from Raspbmc forums

RE: Plugin.video.x-sopcast problem
The "current" addon is based on my work here https://code.google.com/p/xbox-remote/wiki/XSopcast

To be able to run it on raspberry pi natively you need to
*) hardfp sopcast binary
*) sopcast has build in http streamer server
*) verbose output from sopcast server

Its best to contact sopcast.com to see if they could provide such binary for raspberry pi.
----------------------------

And why is it possible to run sopcast on Android phones that have ARM based chips and not run sopcast on Raspbmc, I'm asking myself.

It's the same ARM arhitecture
If there are any developers out there who like to make some money I'm willing to pay 5$ for the ARM version that runs on Raspberry Pi. Let's see if the challenge works tweet #sopcastraspberrypi

Sopcast on ARM I believe is not that difficult to compile since there’s already Sopcast for Android (which all runs on ARM architecture)

http://www.sopcast.com/download/android.html

Do not get me wrong, I do not consider 5$ being enough for the hard work that one developer might put in such project but I do believe that not only me would buy such app/addon.

Thank you
Hi guys,

I'm new to Linux, new to XBMC - it looked like a real deal but this is a pain...
I have Ubuntu 12.04 LSD (or whatever the name is Tongue) on a kinda crap old laptop but XBMC works just fine on it.
So, I installed XBMC 11, i followed @tocinillo 's tutorial - installation went alright but i get the same errors some of you got: "Script Failed!: Plugin.video.x.sopcast"
If any of you guys has a solution for this, please don't be shy and post it asap Smile

Cheers!

PS: does anyone know how can I remove it until someone finds a solution for it?
(2012-10-17, 14:22)[svo] Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys,

I'm new to Linux, new to XBMC - it looked like a real deal but this is a pain...
I have Ubuntu 12.04 LSD (or whatever the name is Tongue) on a kinda crap old laptop but XBMC works just fine on it.
So, I installed XBMC 11, i followed @tocinillo 's tutorial - installation went alright but i get the same errors some of you got: "Script Failed!: Plugin.video.x.sopcast"
If any of you guys has a solution for this, please don't be shy and post it asap Smile

Cheers!

PS: does anyone know how can I remove it until someone finds a solution for it?

I'm not going to give you good news...
there are a few people that have made it work but there is definitely no "set way" that is listed..
i could not for the life of me get any sopcast to work...in ubuntu xbmc anyway...i got the same error as everyone else

the only thing i can help you with is how to remove it
you have to uninstall the addon, then go to ubuntu and delete the folder from your files...if not, it'll just keep reappearing...that's what happened to me anyway..hope that helps
In my case, after following all the instructions, I succeed in making the script work by running it as a sudo:
sudo xbmc
In default.py on line 210 comment "os.chmod(SPSC,0755)" line.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9