Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] 4oD (Video) Addon - UK Channel 4 on demand. v.3.0.12 !NOT WORKING!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
(2013-05-03, 01:13)akis Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, how do I install the addon from the zip file, as it does not appear in the list of available addons? Thanks

System | Settings | Install from zip file

You can figure it out from there.
(2013-05-03, 11:25)Mossy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-05-03, 01:13)akis Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, how do I install the addon from the zip file, as it does not appear in the list of available addons? Thanks

Ah I found it, it is System / Settings / Addons / Install from zip file and then some fiddling Smile#

Actually, when I click on it nothing much happens, whereas when I click onto other video addons there is extra menus that appear.
Hi there,

I installed XBMC on my MK808 and it works fine.

However the 4OD add on doesn't seem to be working. It lets you select a video and nothing happens. It managed to get the stream and video URL then carries on like nothing has happened. I am in the UK.

The Iplayer add on works fine though.

Log here: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=16010 (Eg tried to watch an episode of Countdown!)
The stock version of librtmp that is installed with XBMC on Android does not work with the videos on some websites.

Android users may be able to use the plugin if they update librtmp to a newer version. See the librtmp page on my wiki for more information. The Android version in the librtmp helper thread might be useful.
Thanks, managed to replace the librtmp.so file in /data/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/lib/ folder, but no joy!

My head hurts, will give it another go another time!
(2013-05-03, 18:39)akis Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-05-03, 11:25)Mossy Wrote: [ -> ]

Ah I found it, it is System / Settings / Addons / Install from zip file and then some fiddling Smile#

Actually, when I click on it nothing much happens, whereas when I click onto other video addons there is extra menus that appear.

You need to place an appropriate zip file somewhere on your system! Once done, then you select this and the addon will install.
@danielson00 - thanks for trying.

Note: I didn't say this earlier - your log shows an RTMP "handshake failure". Doesn't happen in other platforms (well, not all of them), which indicates a problem in the Android version of librtmp.

If you have replaced librtmp and it still doesn't work then I suggest you follow up with whoever you got the new version from. If you haven't tried the version from the librtmp help thread then you can try that and if it still doesn't work you can follow up on that thread.
I'm getting the same problem in Raspbmc - specifically this line appears in the logs:
HandShake: Type mismatch: client sent 6, server answered 9

I'll have a read of the librtmp stuff.
I'm getting a error of "unable to show categories" my platform is openelec (latest stable)
I'm using the ISP DNS (based in UK)
and I can access http://ps3.channel4.com/ from this machine (on the same network but different from the openelec machine) I don't know if there is a web browser for xbmc

error log:
http://pastie.org/private/58kn2b0nv0lnstwd520zow

I'm not sure if that is the correct log though, please advise where the log is stored if it seems wrong
You're probably using version 3.0.10 which isn't working any more. You can get version 3.0.11 from the downloads page (see first post).
Thank you that fixed it
Thanks Mossy I didn't even know it was broken until I tried to use it tonight - quick update and I'm back up and running. Go Mossy Big Grin
and it's broken again, afiak I have a "old" repo on my machine that is just overwriting the plugin back to a old version, I've installed the mossy repo on to it but every time I uninstall 4od from the other repo and enable the mossy one I see it also enables the old one

how do I get it to just take the proper version?
(2013-05-07, 23:00)slifin Wrote: [ -> ]"old" repo on my machine that is just overwriting the plugin back to a old version

AFAIK that wouldn't happen unless there's something screwy with your setup, or with the installation of the fixed version.

The only repository that had the broken version was the official XBMC repository and that has been updated, so there are now no repositories from which you can install the broken version.

Try this:
1. Delete all plugin.video.4od* files from [XBMC SETTINGS FOLDER]/addons/packages.
2. Update the plugin from within XBMC.
I run a Windows 8 PC with XBMC and a G-Box Midnight Slav running Android with XBMC 12.0 RC1

I have downloaded the Repository Zip.

On the PC it works fine and cures the error getting categories. When I choose Get Add-ons I find 3 add-ons in the repository, 4OD, Irish TV and Vine.

Using the same Zip file on the Android box, it shows no add-ons, just an empty repository.

I then installed the plugin from code.google.com but still get the error loading categories problem.

The installed version is 3.11

Any ideas
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31