Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Release] Language Preference Manager
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
The issue is only with DTS-HD MA audio stream and is there even without LPM. All is fine with FLAC or AC3 or TrueHD.
Maybe it is only nvidia Shield related? I have opened an issue on Github.
(2023-02-03, 20:46)rockrider69 Wrote: [ -> ]@snyft 

Thank you for the feedback.
Have you used it on Nexus or matrix ?
Stable Nexus, sorry for missing to add that.
No issues with Language Preference Manager on any type of content, including DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS, AC3, etc...
I'm using Odroid-N2 CoreELEC with Kodi Nexus 20.0
I didn't manage to install Nexus 20 so I have kept the nightly build.
The good news is that the language flag is well "read" for some files (even with DTS-HD MA audio stream) (and in that case LPM is working fine as expected)
The bad news is I have still not found what is the issue with the problematic files: if I open them on my PC with mediainfo or mkvtoolnix, the flag is there 😕
Thank you all for confirming that LPM works fine with Nexus!

When it comes to some audio tracks language code not being detected properly...
Indeed for LPM it does not matter which encoding they are (DTS MA or else).
But @Dklktn_Dklktn let us know when you figure what is specific to this problematic file, always good to know.

Some news : the PR proposal for LPM integration into Kodi Repository has been published, now pending kodi team-members review  Wink
(2023-02-08, 23:22)rockrider69 Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you all for confirming that LPM works fine with Nexus!

When it comes to some audio tracks language code not being detected properly...
Indeed for LPM it does not matter which encoding they are (DTS MA or else).
But @Dklktn_Dklktn let us know when you figure what is specific to this problematic file, always good to know.

Some news : the PR proposal for LPM integration into Kodi Repository has been published, now pending kodi team-members review  Wink

From what repo to install LPM for Nexus 20? I’m lost
(2023-03-22, 23:55)barronen1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-02-08, 23:22)rockrider69 Wrote: [ -> ]....

Hello,

For now you must continue to get LPM from my personal github and install it manually from zip, as described in my post #294 above (version is LPM v1.0.0).
According to feedback it works fine on Nexus.

(My request to get LPM into the official KODI addon repository is still in progress. Kodi team reviewers are requiring more code restructuring than I expected at first....)
(2023-03-23, 11:22)rockrider69 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-03-22, 23:55)barronen1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-02-08, 23:22)rockrider69 Wrote: [ -> ]....

Hello,

For now you must continue to get LPM from my personal github and install it manually from zip, as described in my post #294 above (version is LPM v1.0.0).

(My request to get LPM into the official KODI addon repository is still in progress. Kodi team reviewers are requiring more code restructuring than I expected at first....)

Can it be available meanwhile from your github repo as source url to kodi file manager?
(2023-03-23, 12:50)barronen1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-03-23, 11:22)rockrider69 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-03-22, 23:55)barronen1 Wrote: [ -> ]From what repo to install LPM for Nexus 20? I’m lost

Hello,

Can it be available meanwhile from your github repo as source url to kodi file manager?

I don't have a suitable personal repo that you could directly refer to from Kodi file manager (and add as a permanent source if I understand your request).
In fact I wanted to avoid having to manage a separate personal repo.

For next weeks I'll focus on getting things clean into Kodi repo, but I might come back on this if not successfull.

At this stage please continue to copy the zip/sources from here and install manually:
https://github.com/rockrider69/service.L...r/releases
Hi new user to LPM here, landed here after I got a tip from 'wadesay's' dev on Reddit. ( https://www.reddit.com/r/Addons4Kodi/com..._they_say/ ) . So forgive me if I'm asking something that's been asked and answered. What I'm trying to accomplish is that when playing video which includes a 'forced' subtitle track that Kodi/LPM should ignore that track and just select the normal ENG sub track. 

I watch all content with ENG subs and right now whenever a forced sub track is present it is selected automatically and I have to manually select the normal ENG sub track. Is this possible to achieve with LPM? 

My settings are as follows, forced is unchecked but forced subs are still on when I play jack ryan s01e01 for instance. 

https://imgur.com/QWqcZ2i

https://imgur.com/rKNUjgJ

Thanks in advance for any and all help.
(2023-03-27, 01:01)dutchtech Wrote: [ -> ]....

I watch all content with ENG subs and right now whenever a forced sub track is present it is selected automatically and I have to manually select the normal ENG sub track. Is this possible to achieve with LPM? 

My settings are as follows, forced is unchecked but forced subs are still on when I play jack ryan s01e01 for instance. 

Hello welcome here !

it should work as you expect, skipping the ENG forced track even if it is coming first, to select the regular ENG track if the flag is unset.
I'll have to investigate further to see why not here (I use more Conditional Subtitle Preference in my case Wink )
Please send me a "mediainfo" of your movie so we can check the exact naming of the tracks, especially the forced one. Tagging seems ok but ...
Also a link to your kodi.log or at least an extract showing all messages starting by "[Language Preference Manager] .............." can help further.

In the mean time I see 2 other options : (both should work assuming the forced ENG track is properly named).

1. In General settings, enable the "keywords blacklist" feature and enter the word forced to the list. Keep using Subtitles Preferences. Caveat : it will always skip forced tracks even if you would like to have them in case of a dutch forced one with dutch audio for example...

2. (preferably) In settings disable Subtitles Preference and rather use Conditional Subtitles Preferences by defining 3 or 2 rules like :
(- if audio 'Dut" then Subtitles "Non" and forced flag ticked) ----> if you do want to keep dutch forced track with dutch audio when it exists.
- if audio "Any" then Subtitles "Eng" and forced flag unticked
- if audio "Any" then Subtitles "Dut" and forced flag unticked

Let me know!
@dutchtech 
also please be sure you have the most recent version v1.0.0 installed, see link in my post #294 above.
Hi thanks for the warm welcome and prompt and elaborate reply, sorry I couldn't do the same Wink. I decided to skip option 1 but am curious if I did put forced on the blacklist could I still enable it manually while the video is playing? I went straight for option 2 which works like a charm, I ended on these options which should cover everything, I can't even watch stuff in my native language (Dutch) without subs anymore so this addon is a dream come true. 

https://imgur.com/9tmQ7Ul

Thanks again for the thorough explanation, oh and while I'm on this forum, a reddit user posted a new addon which may or may not be of interest to users on here, it allows you to skip back x seconds and replay that portion of the video with subs on, aptly named 'wadeysay' lol. Here is the post, cheers brother. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/Addons4Kodi/com..._they_say/
(2023-03-27, 17:21)rockrider69 Wrote: [ -> ]@dutchtech 
also please be sure you have the most recent version v1.0.0 installed, see link in my post #294 above.

yup, did that, thx
(2023-03-28, 19:02)dutchtech Wrote: [ -> ]...
I decided to skip option 1 but am curious if I did put forced on the blacklist could I still enable it manually while the video is playing?

Yes you can still activate any subtitle track manually while watching, even the blacklisted one.
Only if you later change audio track manually as well, then the subtitles condition rules will be reassessed, and you will get back to whatever rules you have defined.

Thanks for the supporting words and the tip on the Wadtheysay addon!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27