Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Release] Language Preference Manager
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
(2023-12-15, 03:36)SmokinOak Wrote: [ -> ]I was wondering if you could correct the misspelled word "prefrence" in this addon.....
Sure will correct that in 1.0.3 final !
Hi, I'm from Greece and i first tried today your program. Congratulations my friend. very helpfull program but i have found a problem.
In an mkv movie file with lots of languages subtitles i choose the Greek language but it doesnt work. i played with all settings but nothing.
Then i tried with other language to test if its working to set your preffered subtitle language so i choose for testing the German language.
With German it worked as all other languages but with Greek language its not working. Please my friend can you try to fix this problem
with Greek language? I'll be so happy if you'll fix this.
Also i found another problem. When i choosed German lang subtitle as example it worked but if you try to set it to another language it stays to German
and cannot change from the settings. the only way to change is to play the movie and from player settings to change the language from subtitle to the default
forced english. Please my friend i'll be happy to help you test this problem and fix it. I also tried your last 1.0.3 beta 2 but same problem.
be well, cu!!! Spiros-Greece.
(2023-12-19, 03:05)djspiros2022 Wrote: [ -> ].... i choose the Greek language but it doesnt work. i played with all settings but nothing.

Hi and welcome ,

for the first part of your issue, the languages codes from ISO-639 tables the program is currently using for Greek modern are : "el"     or     "ell"
(NOTE / The ISO-639 is also identifying an alternate code : "gre" but this one is not listed in the addon table at this stage)

Could you first send here a "mediainfo" output of your mkv file so we check that we are fine with codes to start with.

About your 2nd issue, not sure I get it right :  do you mean changing the selected sub lang preference from German to something else in the addon settings and this is not taken into account? Did you stop/restart the movie after that ?

For further analysis (if lang. codes are fine in your mkv, or for your 2nd issue), I'll need a debug log.

For that please set debug on in both Kodi and LPM addon, reproduce the issue, and post here a link to your kodi.log file.
**** Do not copy/paste logs directly, use only links uploaded via https://pastebin.com/ ****
Hi and thanks for your answer.
here's the mediainfo from a tv show and a movie that i tested:

Tv show:  https://pastebin.com/9QhgEhT6
Movie:     https://pastebin.com/yAiQT6Tu

Greek subtitles not enabled. In tv show in mkvtoolnix Greek subtitles shows as el-GR
In movie Greek subtitles in mkvtoolnix shows as el.

Now about the second issue i found why this is happening. It happens because after i choose German or French or other lang
and it correctly enabled then i choose again Greek lang in subtitles and because program cant enabled the Greek subs lang stays in previous setting.

Please can you send me a settings.xml file to use it? with English as audio and Greek as subtitle.
Maybe i do something wrong in settings? i dont know. 
I'll be happy to hear soon your news. i'll be here to help you if you need something else or to test a beta version for Greek Subtitles.
Thank you!!! Be well, cu!!! Spiros-Greece.
Also in TV show the format of subtitles is UTF-8
In movie is PGS
If this is important info.
(2023-12-19, 19:27)djspiros2022 Wrote: [ -> ]...
Tv show:  https://pastebin.com/9QhgEhT6
Movie:     https://pastebin.com/yAiQT6Tu

UTF-8 or PGS type of subs should not have any impact.
Both mediainfo output seem clean. Only one doubt about the TV Show where mediainfo track8 is Greek(GR), but this may be just how mediainfo reports.

Can you restart Kodi, turn debug on in both LPM and Kodi and launch your 2 videos to let LPM do its works. Then Stop debug in Kodi and send me a link to your full kodi debug log.
I will get your detailed settings that way, and also how LPM analysis is going for both.

Then if needed I can advice on adjusted settings.
Here's full Kodi log:
https://pastebin.com/GAVwjrpe

I hope i made it correct.
Please send me a correct settings.xml file to test it with Greek subtitles preference.
Thank you my friend!!!
@djspiros2022

the log is OK and I do see what is happening.
As I suspected the addon is only expecting "ell" as the 3 letters language code for Greek, but the mkv tracks have "gre" code inside.

I did not find a way with mkvtoolnix to force "ell" instead of "gre" as a temporary workaround.

So I have to update the language table to handle both "ell" and "gre".
It is feasible, no problem (already done for German with "ger" and "deu" for example).

I'll come back later today with a BETA version that you can test.

About your settings you're almost ok, so better to continue from there :
-  Audio prefs : keep Greek as you 1st choice language and English as second as you have it.
-  Subs prefs : for the moment just disable the Conditional Subtitles feature. You have enough defined with Preferred subtitles enabled and Greek/non forced as your first option.
Important : if not done, you must enable the option in General menu : "Turn on subtitles if a subtitle prefrence matched"
thank you for your answer and help my friend. i cant wait to test the new beta.
of course i'll report to you here after testing. be well my friend!!!
Thank you,Thank you,Thank you!!!
Here is a new BETA version.
Attempting to fix Greek language codes : should be handling both 'ell' or 'gre' in mkv files as ISO 3 letters codes, audio and subtitles tracks.

https://github.com/rockrider69/service.L...1.0.3BETA3

@djspiros2022
It should work with Audio and Subtitles subtitles preferences defined via the 3 drop down lists proposed.
Still need some more verification+work for advanced custom rules and Conditional subtitles preferences. Please disable these for the moment.

As a reminder :
- General :                   enable "Turn on subtitles if a subtitle preference matched"
- in Audio prefs :          define Greek as first, English as second, xxxx as third
- in Subtitles prefs :      define Greek as first, English as second, yyyy as third
- Conditional Subtitles : disable
Hi my friend!!! Congratulations!!! All working great now , the Greek subs enabled with no problem at all.
I follow your settings above and i'm really happy now.
But i found something that maybe with a setting should be ok.
If in 1 movie or 1 tv show the mkv container have a lot of subs and you have and an external subtitle in .srt
the Language Preference Manager choose the Greek subtitle from the mkv container and dont choose the external .srt Greek sub.
But if mkv container has only Greek language even if its default-forced the Language Preference Manager choose the external .srt Greek subtitle.
So i think a setting that defines in those cases to choose the external subtitle or internal would be great, i think.
Whats your opinion? Thank you again my friend, great work!!! Spiros-Greece.
Glad to see it is helping !

Btw I checked it and you can also use the custom way of defining your preferences with the new 'gre' code. It will work.
 (for ex. Audio 'gre>eng>...', Subs 'gre>eng>...', or instead of Subs, using CondSubs 'gre:non>eng:gre>any:gre...')

But using Condsubs by menus/dropdown lists won't work with new 'gre' code yet. This part needs some extra fixing to support double codes...

About external subtitles, it is KODI adding them to the list of available streams in the video and LPM just gets and analyze the streams list.
I have to double check but pretty certain that they are added at the end of the list after the internal one, hence you usecase1.

In your usecase2 if it's only one Greek default-forced subtitle internal, and you did not tick the forced tag in menus, then LPM will ignore it and look for the next non_forced Greek one, be it the external one.

I'll make a note for possibly adding a feature later to prioritize or not external subs, bypassing of the ordering. But that might make things over complicated and slower obviously, so not sure.
You know better how your program works my friend. If you can make an option for choosing external or internal subs will be great.
if not then its ok, no problem. be well my friend!!! Thanks for all your help!!! Cu, Spiros-Greece.
Hi,
In my post here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3171174 I have reported that I see a freeze on movie...
Then next day it was everything OK when I did a reboot of my device.
Unfortunately today I started experiencing similar issue: when I'm trying to resume a movie on lets say 12 minute then the movie is not starting but just freezing for 12 minutes until it starts and the following entries are in the Kodi.log generated:
Quote:2023-12-30 17:31:18.027 T:8369  warning <general>: OutputPicture - timeout waiting for buffer
2023-12-30 17:31:28.329 T:8369     info <general>: Skipped 18 duplicate messages..
2023-12-30 17:31:28.329 T:8369  warning <general>: OutputPicture - timeout waiting for buffer
2023-12-30 17:31:38.631 T:8369     info <general>: Skipped 18 duplicate messages..
[...] ---> 12 minutes
2023-12-30 17:43:59.621 T:8369  warning <general>: OutputPicture - timeout waiting for buffer
2023-12-30 17:44:09.881 T:8369     info <general>: Skipped 18 duplicate messages..
2023-12-30 17:44:09.881 T:8369  warning <general>: OutputPicture - timeout waiting for buffer
2023-12-30 17:44:20.183 T:8369     info <general>: Skipped 18 duplicate messages..
2023-12-30 17:44:20.183 T:8369  warning <general>: OutputPicture - timeout waiting for buffer
2023-12-30 17:44:22.691 T:8370     info <general>: Skipped 3 duplicate messages..
I checked that when trying to resume a movie on x minute then the freeze is lasting x minute.
I just disabled LPM v1.0.2 and movie resume works as it should: no freeze, it is starting immediately.
Now I'm back on LPM v1.0.1 and the same: no issue with resuming movie.
(2023-12-30, 23:00)rafikW Wrote: [ -> ]....

I checked that when trying to resume a movie on x minute then the freeze is lasting x minute.
I just disabled LPM v1.0.2 and movie resume works as it should: no freeze, it is starting immediately.
Now I'm back on LPM v1.0.1 and the same: no issue with resuming movie.
Thanks a lot for the time testing more!

Between 1.0.1 et 1.0.2 the changes are very limited... So clearly, it can only come from the Seek(-1) I added to fix the lost subtitles.

I would have to try to reproduce this. So far I have not experienced any such major freeze at all in those past few months: not at start, resume nor when switching audio.
But I did spot some buffering/delay messages in the logs when multiplying rapid audio track switches in stress tests. With only a couple of times a video restart from the beginning. So there is something to deal with...

Just to confirm, you got that freezes with different videos right ? If you can provide a full log libk, that might help of course!

On question already : are you using another addon which LPM could interfere with : thinking for example about "Unpause Jumpback" that I use myself and it has options to jumpack (seek(-x)) at unpause, but also at resume if I remember well.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27