Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Release] Language Preference Manager
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
(2023-03-28, 23:08)rockrider69 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-03-28, 19:02)dutchtech Wrote: [ -> ]...
I decided to skip option 1 but am curious if I did put forced on the blacklist could I still enable it manually while the video is playing?

Yes you can still activate any subtitle track manually while watching, even the blacklisted one.
Only if you later change audio track manually as well, then the subtitles condition rules will be reassessed, and you will get back to whatever rules you have defined.

Thanks for the supporting words and the tip on the Wadtheysay addon!
Ah good to know, yeah the wadtheysay addon thread is what led me to LPM actually, I was hoping wadtheysay could do this when someone suggested LPM, the dev actually suggested it. Live and learn, glad I found LPM, I'll be sure to spread the word far and wide, this is a great addon for the international crowd who watch stuff in multiple languages.
Does LPM have an official repo?

EDIT: Never mind, it was explained before, have to use zip for now.
Maybe this has been said before on this thread but after using LPM for a while a couple videos started to ignore my conditional preference of not showing forced subs, tried the blacklist but that didn't help either. I then doubled the 'evaluation delay' and that did the trick, no more forced subs Smile. Again thanks to whoever made this addon, great work.
(2023-04-04, 10:24)dutchtech Wrote: [ -> ].... after using LPM for a while a couple videos started to ignore my conditional preference of not showing forced subs....
do you know if you were at the time also switching audio tracks (automatically or manually), because this is normally when the delay is used and usefull ?
If ever you have time to reproduce the problem with DEBUG ON and send me a link to the resulting kodi log I'll try to investigate a bit.

Good anyway that adjusting the delay solved it  Wink
Hello, I started using LPM recently and I think it's great, especially if you watch Anime videos (having a jpn audio -> eng subtitles + "ignore Signs & Songs" combo is really useful).

About that, I'd like to request a feature: sometimes Anime videos have an alternative eng sub track (the infamous "honorifics" track) and normally that track's language is flagged as "enm" (English, Middle-Ages) instead of "eng" in order to set it apart if you want to configure your player to play that as default. As Kodi obviously has no Middle English language setting, could you add that language to LPM? Or maybe a global option such as "prefer enm to eng if available"?
Thanks in advance.
(2023-05-03, 12:10)khelbenaru Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, I started using LPM recently and I think it's great, especially if you watch Anime videos (having a jpn audio -> eng subtitles + "ignore Signs & Songs" combo is really useful).

About that, I'd like to request a feature: sometimes Anime videos have an alternative eng sub track (the infamous "honorifics" track) and normally that track's language is flagged as "enm" (English, Middle-Ages) instead of "eng" in order to set it apart if you want to configure your player to play that as default. As Kodi obviously has no Middle English language setting, could you add that language to LPM? Or maybe a global option such as "prefer enm to eng if available"?
Thanks in advance.
Hello and glad you like this add-on !
I'll have to investigate about this "enm" language variant (that is new to me) and check consequence of maybe adding it as a special code.
I love LPM, I have one request.
Would it be possible to have an option to prefer external subs (srt) over embedded, or the other way around for those who like that.
I prefer external subs, but as it's now it's a bit random if external or embedded subs are used.
(2023-03-23, 13:35)rockrider69 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't have a suitable personal repo that you could directly refer to from Kodi file manager (and add as a permanent source if I understand your request).
In fact I wanted to avoid having to manage a separate personal repo.

For next weeks I'll focus on getting things clean into Kodi repo, but I might come back on this if not successfull.

At this stage please continue to copy the zip/sources from here and install manually:
https://github.com/rockrider69/service.L...r/releases

Thank you soooo much for this plugin! It's a complete savior for me because here in ex Yugoslavian countries there is Croatian, Serbian and Bosnian languages, and they're basically all the same language with marginal differences, and having only one language as a preferable option is just a pain in the ass for my parents to figure out switching to the right subtitle.
(2023-05-10, 16:43)BZwart Wrote: [ -> ]I love LPM, I have one request.
Would it be possible to have an option to prefer external subs (srt) over embedded, or the other way around for those who like that.
I prefer external subs, but as it's now it's a bit random if external or embedded subs are used.
Hello!
I made some tests to be sure and verified that when an external sub is present it does take precedence other embedded subs of the same language.
The external sub file must be properly named including the language, something like : videofilename.fr.srt (if the movie is videofilename.mkv)
AFAIK this is not really LPM managing that but KODI itself. When building the video streams lists later passed to LPM, it puts the external subs as first in line.

I am afraid that it would not be trivial in LPM to figure which sub stream comes from external vs embedded...

Anyway can you elaborate the random effects that you see, is it for the same video ?

To investigate more please provide here the mediainfo of the video file, the names of the external subs files and a link to a kodi log.
Some general news to everyone here !

Glad to report that LPM has eventually passed all checks and is now available from KODI Official repository (Matrix V19 and Nexus V20).
The current version is 1.0.1, and feature-wise is the same as the 1.0.0 that you got from my personal github in the past. Only code cleanup differences.

From now on new releases will be published via Kodi Rep, and you should get notice for updates, like for any addon.

I might still propose beta versions from my github when needed.
Hey, I have a question about something I can't quite get working the way I want and maybe it's not possible.

On my computer I use LAV Filters with this as my custom preference: eng:eng|f,eng:off,*:eng|!f,*:eng

If language is English use English Forced subtitles only
If language is English and subtitle is not forced then turn subtitles off
If language is not English turn on subtitles and use the subtitle that is not marked as forced
If all else fails and language is not English then use English subtitles because I can't watch without

Is it possible or do I have to make a dumber version of this somehow?
(2023-06-15, 03:34)LeVvE Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, I have a question about something I can't quite get working the way I want and maybe it's not possible.

On my computer I use LAV Filters with this as my custom preference: eng:eng|f,eng:off,*:eng|!f,*:eng

If language is not English turn on subtitles and use the subtitle that is not marked as forced
If all else fails and language is not English then use English subtitles because I can't watch without

Hello,

trying to mimic your LAV filter, in sub conditional preference, you can use those 3 rules :
- lang eng,  sub none, and tag forced yes
NOTE : That single rule will always activate eng forced subs if one exists, and disable all subs if not. It should cover you first 2 lines.
- lang any, sub eng, and tag forced no
- lang any, sub eng, and tag forced yes

Or as an alternative, in custom conditional preferences you could use something like :
eng:none>any:eng
It should achieve the same result as above, except the second rule only looks for a non forced eng sub tracks.

Reading again your case... I am a bit unsure of your 3rd "if" line vs your LAV filter : do you mean to activate any sub language (ex. spanish, french, italian .....) as long as it is not a forced one, or are we still focusing on eng subs only ?
(2023-06-15, 17:54)rockrider69 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-06-15, 03:34)LeVvE Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, I have a question about something I can't quite get working the way I want and maybe it's not possible.

Hello,

trying to mimic your LAV filter, in sub conditional preference, you can use those 3 rules :
- lang eng,  sub none, and tag forced yes
NOTE : That single rule will always activate eng forced subs if one exists, and disable all subs if not. It should cover you first 2 lines.
- lang any, sub eng, and tag forced no
- lang any, sub eng, and tag forced yes

Or as an alternative, in custom conditional preferences you could use something like :
eng:none>any:eng
It should achieve the same result as above, except the second rule only looks for a non forced eng sub tracks.

Reading again your case... I am a bit unsure of your 3rd "if" line vs your LAV filter : do you mean to activate any sub language (ex. spanish, french, italian .....) as long as it is not a forced one, or are we still focusing on eng subs only ?
Example with the 3rd thing is lets say I have English and Swedish as the languages on my video, two subtitles and both subtitles are English and one is forced. Forced subtitle is loaded with the English language and if I swap to Swedish language it loads the second non-forced subtitle because if the language is not English I want full subtitles.

I hope that explains it.

I tried the audio is English, subtitle none and forced on option before posting and it didn't work, I played a few files with english language and english forced subs and it was disabled.
I also tried language any, subtitle english and forced off and it enabled subtitle when audio langauge is not english but it just chooses the first subtitle which is forced and not full.
(2023-06-15, 18:18)LeVvE Wrote: [ -> ]I tried the audio is English, subtitle none and forced on option before posting and it didn't work, I played a few files with english language and english forced subs and it was disabled.
I also tried language any, subtitle english and forced off and it enabled subtitle when audio langauge is not english but it just chooses the first subtitle which is forced and not full.

Weird because what you want to do is exactly the basics that LPM should achieve for you.

So I can investigate further, can you please send here :
- a Mediainfo output of your video file,
- a link to your kodi.log reproducing the scenario (Don't sned text log here, use the pastebin site to upload the full log and get a link. See Log_file/Easy (wiki))
I have the MediaInfo at least, I'll have to grab the logfile of the Nvidia Shield later.

EDIT: Here is the logfile: https://paste.kodi.tv/wedenokewo.kodi
Quote:General
Unique ID                      : 46708401424278319457243863891731923591 (0x2323B5FD438340263F3E0894711DC287)
Complete name                  : \\NAS\Temporary\TV Shows\Hunter X Hunter (2011)\Season 1\Set 1\S01E001.mkv
Format                         : Matroska
Format version                 : Version 4 / Version 2
File size                      : 1.68 GiB
Duration                       : 23 min 35 s
Overall bit rate               : 10.2 Mb/s
Frame rate                     : 23.976 FPS
Encoded date                   : 2020-12-25 03:56:38 UTC
Writing application            : mkvmerge v40.0.0 ('Old Town Road + Pony') 64-bit
Writing library                : libebml v1.3.9 + libmatroska v1.5.2

Video
ID                             : 1
Format                         : HEVC
Format/Info                    : High Efficiency Video Coding
Format profile                 : Main 10@L5@Main
Codec ID                       : V_MPEGH/ISO/HEVC
Bit rate                       : 5 546 kb/s
Width                          : 1 920 pixels
Height                         : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio           : 16:9
Frame rate mode                : Constant
Frame rate                     : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
Color space                    : YUV
Chroma subsampling             : 4:2:0
Bit depth                      : 10 bits
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)             : 0.112
Stream size                    : 936 MiB (54%)
Writing library                : x265 3.2.1+1-b5c86a64bbbe:[Windows][GCC 9.2.0][64 bit] 10bit
Encoding settings              : cpuid=1111039 / frame-threads=4 / numa-pools=16 / wpp / no-pmode / no-pme / no-psnr / no-ssim / log-level=2 / input-csp=1 / input-res=1920x1080 / interlace=0 / total-frames=0 / level-idc=0 / high-tier=1 / uhd-bd=0 / ref=6 / no-allow-non-conformance / no-repeat-headers / annexb / no-aud / no-hrd / info / hash=0 / no-temporal-layers / open-gop / min-keyint=24 / keyint=240 / gop-lookahead=0 / bframes=16 / b-adapt=2 / b-pyramid / bframe-bias=0 / rc-lookahead=50 / lookahead-slices=4 / scenecut=40 / radl=0 / no-splice / no-intra-refresh / ctu=32 / min-cu-size=8 / no-rect / no-amp / max-tu-size=32 / tu-inter-depth=1 / tu-intra-depth=3 / limit-tu=0 / rdoq-level=2 / dynamic-rd=0.00 / no-ssim-rd / signhide / tskip / nr-intra=0 / nr-inter=0 / no-constrained-intra / no-strong-intra-smoothing / max-merge=3 / limit-refs=3 / limit-modes / me=3 / subme=3 / merange=57 / temporal-mvp / no-hme / weightp / no-weightb / no-analyze-src-pics / deblock=1:1 / no-sao / no-sao-non-deblock / rd=4 / selective-sao=0 / no-early-skip / rskip / no-fast-intra / tskip-fast / no-cu-lossless / no-b-intra / no-splitrd-skip / rdpenalty=0 / psy-rd=0.80 / psy-rdoq=2.00 / no-rd-refine / no-lossless / cbqpoffs=0 / crqpoffs=0 / rc=crf / crf=16.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpstep=4 / stats-write=0 / stats-read=0 / ipratio=1.40 / pbratio=1.30 / aq-mode=3 / aq-strength=1.25 / cutree / zone-count=0 / no-strict-cbr / qg-size=32 / no-rc-grain / qpmax=69 / qpmin=0 / no-const-vbv / sar=1 / overscan=0 / videoformat=5 / range=0 / colorprim=1 / transfer=1 / colormatrix=1 / chromaloc=0 / display-window=0 / cll=0,0 / min-luma=0 / max-luma=1023 / log2-max-poc-lsb=8 / vui-timing-info / vui-hrd-info / slices=1 / no-opt-qp-pps / no-opt-ref-list-length-pps / no-multi-pass-opt-rps / scenecut-bias=0.05 / no-opt-cu-delta-qp / no-aq-motion / no-hdr / no-hdr-opt / no-dhdr10-opt / no-idr-recovery-sei / analysis-reuse-level=5 / scale-factor=0 / refine-intra=0 / refine-inter=0 / refine-mv=1 / refine-ctu-distortion=0 / no-limit-sao / ctu-info=0 / no-lowpass-dct / refine-analysis-type=0 / copy-pic=1 / max-ausize-factor=1.0 / no-dynamic-refine / no-single-sei / no-hevc-aq / no-svt / no-field / qp-adaptation-range=1.00
Language                       : English
Default                        : Yes
Forced                         : No
Color range                    : Limited
Color primaries                : BT.709
Transfer characteristics       : BT.709
Matrix coefficients            : BT.709

Audio #1
ID                             : 2
Format                         : PCM
Format settings                : Little / Signed
Codec ID                       : A_PCM/INT/LIT
Bit rate mode                  : Constant
Bit rate                       : 2 304 kb/s
Channel(s)                     : 2 channels
Sampling rate                  : 48.0 kHz
Frame rate                     : 32.000 FPS (1500 SPF)
Bit depth                      : 24 bits
Stream size                    : 389 MiB (23%)

Audio #2
ID                             : 3
Format                         : PCM
Format settings                : Little / Signed
Codec ID                       : A_PCM/INT/LIT
Bit rate mode                  : Constant
Bit rate                       : 2 304 kb/s
Channel(s)                     : 2 channels
Sampling rate                  : 48.0 kHz
Frame rate                     : 32.000 FPS (1500 SPF)
Bit depth                      : 24 bits
Stream size                    : 389 MiB (23%)
Language                       : Japanese
Default                        : No

Text #1
ID                             : 4
Format                         : PGS
Muxing mode                    : zlib
Codec ID                       : S_HDMV/PGS
Codec ID/Info                  : Picture based subtitle format used on BDs/HD-DVDs
Duration                       : 23 min 12 s
Bit rate                       : 5 179 b/s
Frame rate                     : 0.031 FPS
Count of elements              : 43
Stream size                    : 881 KiB (0%)
Forced                         : Yes

Text #2
ID                             : 5
Format                         : PGS
Muxing mode                    : zlib
Codec ID                       : S_HDMV/PGS
Codec ID/Info                  : Picture based subtitle format used on BDs/HD-DVDs
Duration                       : 23 min 27 s
Bit rate                       : 36.9 kb/s
Frame rate                     : 0.390 FPS
Count of elements              : 549
Stream size                    : 6.19 MiB (0%)
Default                        : No
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27