Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Developer Area
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
It would have been possible before.
But auto scrapping is a good point, i check this.
Looks like it would work for most... Big Grin

get a new tvdb API key: done!
get a new fanart.tv API key: done!

new domain EmberMediaManager.org registered: done!
Now we can create a bug tracking system, a wiki and other funny things Big Grin

Domain and webserver was paid for with donations.
If any dev need a @embermediamanager.org email... send my a pm.
Good news Dan !!
NICE!! fanart, trakt, tvdb API Checked! - now whats left? Smile Also nice work with Ember domain! Bug tracking system is most important I think, - for wiki I started editing the Ember Manager in XBMC Wiki.
(2013-09-27, 20:54)Cocotus Wrote: [ -> ]NICE!! fanart, trakt, tvdb API Checked! - now whats left? Smile Also nice work with Ember domain! Bug tracking system is most important I think, - for wiki I started editing the Ember Manager in XBMC Wiki.

Bug Tracker & Feature Request
Wiki

Shy
(2013-09-29, 21:56)m.savazzi Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-09-29, 19:35)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-09-29, 18:49)m.savazzi Wrote: [ -> ]info and images saved BEFORE movie edit window is shown

Could you explain that a bit closer?
You have to save the files in the temporary folder first, and with the confirmation of the edit-window, the files will be saved locally.

For the Movies V.1.4 is much smarter Smile it does not save any temporary file. I've changed all the processes and structures so that there are no multiple downloads, no temp files, no redoundand (as much as I could) info. Even the NFO is not written till the edit dialog is confirmed. All information are carried in the structures.

The trick is that I use the PosterPath/FanartPath to carry either the file path either the url to download the file from.

So if the first char is a : I know is an URL and the Edit Dialog downloads the Image from the web directly in memory. If the OK button is pressed the image is correctly saved.

If the Path (Poster or Fanart) is instead valid the image is loaded from file as usual Smile

Hoping this helps Smile

I have moved this post here.

I do not understand quite. If the local images overwritten before the window is confirmed with OK? That would be a fatal mistake! When pressing Cancel everything should be as before scraping.
I want to change the trailer and actor thumbs are first stored in the Temp folder.

Besides, for me scraping of movies not working properly:
The posters are not saved, I also do not see the Edit window after scrapping.

In addition, I also have the following question:
What is the difference between _TMDBApi, _TMDBApiE, _TMDBConf and _TMDBConfE?
While working on request 24 (more robust genre mapping between IMDB <-> Ember) I noticed that I accidentaly overwrited my genre.xml during the last updates of Ember. We often recommend Settings.xml AdvancedSettings.xml and databse to be backed up, but the genre.xml (at the moment it resides in "image" folder of Ember) is often neglected which is bad because that file holds all your modifications you did in genre editor of Ember. I think I will move that file to Ember Root folder like settings.xml - makes more sense.
Instead of the root, why not put the configuration files (Settings.xml, AdvancedSettings.xml, database, and genre.xml) into a Configuration or Settings folder. That way it is easier to backup, restore, swap between multiple profiles, or even perform version upgrades.

With just a tiny bit of code, you could provide the users with an easy upgrade mechanism: unzip into their old Ember folder. If no Settings folder exists on startup, create it. If existing settings file exists, use it, otherwise generate a default version. Do not include the actual settings files in the zip file, to prevent the user's from being overwritten.
(2013-09-30, 19:23)Dekker500 Wrote: [ -> ]Instead of the root, why not put the configuration files (Settings.xml, AdvancedSettings.xml, database, and genre.xml) into a Configuration or Settings folder. That way it is easier to backup, restore, swap between multiple profiles, or even perform version upgrades.

With just a tiny bit of code, you could provide the users with an easy upgrade mechanism: unzip into their old Ember folder. If no Settings folder exists on startup, create it. If existing settings file exists, use it, otherwise generate a default version. Do not include the actual settings files in the zip file, to prevent the user's from being overwritten.

Great idea! Already done this for Ratings.xml and Genre.xml - they are placed in new "Settings" folder - will look into other Configuration files later Nod
(2013-09-30, 19:33)Cocotus Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-09-30, 19:23)Dekker500 Wrote: [ -> ]Instead of the root, why not put the configuration files (Settings.xml, AdvancedSettings.xml, database, and genre.xml) into a Configuration or Settings folder. That way it is easier to backup, restore, swap between multiple profiles, or even perform version upgrades.

Great idea! Already done this for Ratings.xml and Genre.xml - they are placed in new "Settings" folder - will look into other Configuration files later Nod
Awesome!
(2013-09-30, 13:37)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]In addition, I also have the following question:
What is the difference between _TMDBApi, _TMDBApiE, _TMDBConf and _TMDBConfE?

I found an issue in the APIs and they do not allow to switch Language on the fly, in other words if you use the same object to do queries on "it" and "en" it will not work correctly.
so I have TMDBApi that is the one in the Language you want, for example italian or german
and TMDBApiE is ALWAYS English in case the fall back is enabled the second query is done on the TMDBApiE

Hoping it helps to understand Smile

(2013-09-30, 16:10)Cocotus Wrote: [ -> ]While working on request 24 (more robust genre mapping between IMDB <-> Ember) I noticed that I accidentaly overwrited my genre.xml during the last updates of Ember. We often recommend Settings.xml AdvancedSettings.xml and databse to be backed up, but the genre.xml (at the moment it resides in "image" folder of Ember) is often neglected which is bad because that file holds all your modifications you did in genre editor of Ember. I think I will move that file to Ember Root folder like settings.xml - makes more sense.

totally agree!
Just submitted commit to store Database and all configuration files I know of to new "Settings" folder of Ember. In my testruns it works fine and as expected. I embedded the Genre.xml and Rating.xml as resources which only will be generated if no file is found. Let's see how that works Smile
Just submitted my first pull request. Be gentle!

Thought I'd introduce myself and my motivations though...

The biggest hurdle to my participation (or anyone's for that matter) is being able to understand what is going on with the code. I have some long-term ideas on how to help (improve code quality and robustness), but to get there I needed to understand what is actually going on under the covers. To that end I have embarked upon a quest to add formal method documentation. In the process, I have also added numerous parameter validations. If there are no major problems, I will continue with this process on the other files. All the coders would need to keep the comments current/valid and properly document new methods though!

My long-term goal? Once enough of the base classes are documented, I'd really like to bring in unit testing, whether with VS2012's built-in capabilities, or preferably NUnit. This would allow developers to run a series of automated tests before checking new code in, and allow the release co-ordinator to validate that new releases don't regress in functionality. On that note, does anyone have any preferences on unit testing system?

Once the unit testing framework is in place, existing code should get adequate unit test coverage, to make EMM as robust as it can be.

Dekker500
(2013-09-30, 23:27)Cocotus Wrote: [ -> ]Just submitted commit to store Database and all configuration files I know of to new "Settings" folder of Ember. In my testruns it works fine and as expected. I embedded the Genre.xml and Rating.xml as resources which only will be generated if no file is found. Let's see how that works Smile

That's will be very nice! Since the TV Show files stored in Temp\Shows are not really temp files, how about moving them to a folder in the Ember root called Scraped\TV Shows or something similar?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24