Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [OPEN BETA] Mute Profanity
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
(2019-02-21, 16:24)fegunz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-12-28, 05:29)MovieCleanup Wrote: [ -> ]The following is my basic knowledge share with the Mute profanity community for what its worth. 
http://moviecleanup.droppages.com

@MovieCleanup, this is excellent! Thank you for the write up and glad to see how you're doing so much more with it! 
@fegunz - Could you please offer some guidance on how the filter.txt file is parsed.  We are finding some multi-word entries are being processed and some are skipped (see the post above too).  Are there any special characters that need to be "escaped"?
(2019-10-01, 13:02)MovieCleanup Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-02-21, 16:24)fegunz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-12-28, 05:29)MovieCleanup Wrote: [ -> ]The following is my basic knowledge share with the Mute profanity community for what its worth. 
http://moviecleanup.droppages.com

@MovieCleanup, this is excellent! Thank you for the write up and glad to see how you're doing so much more with it!  
@fegunz - Could you please offer some guidance on how the filter.txt file is parsed.  We are finding some multi-word entries are being processed and some are skipped (see the post above too).  Are there any special characters that need to be "escaped"? 
One workaround I tried was to run a Replace in the subtitle file and replace the spaces in curse phrases with hyphens ("Oh-God"). Then I adjusted the filter.txt file to find these, which it did. So it seems to have to do with the spaces. I'm wondering if there are formatting characters messing things up.
(2019-10-01, 23:43)ntradd Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-10-01, 13:02)MovieCleanup Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-02-21, 16:24)fegunz Wrote: [ -> ]@MovieCleanup, this is excellent! Thank you for the write up and glad to see how you're doing so much more with it!  
One workaround I tried was to run a Replace in the subtitle file and replace the spaces in curse phrases with hyphens ("Oh-God"). Then I adjusted the filter.txt file to find these, which it did. So it seems to have to do with the spaces. I'm wondering if there are formatting characters messing things up. 
OK, so I stacked an SRT file with as many curse phrases I could think of and ran the mute profanity addon, and it turns out that it's the commas in the phrases that are choking it. It catches any phrases without commas, but not the ones with. So to use the addon with phrases, I will need to manually search the SRT file and strip out the commas. That's fine; I can work with that. Question answered, problem solved, as far as I'm concerned. If there's ever a future update for this addon, it would be great to see an enhancement of its ability to catch phrases. Thanks again to fegunz and moviecleanup for their work on this. It allows me to show movies to my family that they otherwise would not see.
(2013-07-14, 05:14)fegunz Wrote: [ -> ]After a near one year hiatus, I'm back and getting ready to release version 1.0 of my mute-profanity plugin! I've made numerous improvements and enhancements and am pleased on how much this is progressing. But before 1.0 is officially released, I need some more testing and feedback from the community. So please download the beta and test it out on your setup.

I use github for both source control and issue management. Download the zip and log any bugs you find there, but I'll be watching this thread as well.

Download link
Github Project Page

I'm especially interested in hearing from you if you meet any of the following conditions:
* You have .mp4 files with embedded subtitles
* You're running on a linux / Android / iOS system
* You need to extract subtitles from a mkv or mp4 file in Windows
* You have a lot of TV shows you want to mute profanity on

Feel free to comment about anything, from bugs to what you just don't like or wish it had. I want this to be used. However, realize that this is a beta and might not work perfectly just yet. If you're the type that gets angry when something doesn't work just right, you should hold off and get the release version in a few weeks.

I registered on this site to just send you a message! I. LOVE. THIS!

Some years ago I was searching for a way to remove the profanity from some of the films, especially when we have conservative guests, children, etc over! My wife and I LOVE it! We cannot watch a movie now without running it first!

So this is a HUGE thank you from us!

Now am just trying to work out how to install it to my newly purchased Mi Box (android) to the kodi app there.
FYI - Installed Windows version of Kodi 18.5 and found the mute\skip functions in the .edl (edit decision list file) are both broken from my limited testing...
I just started using Kodi and this wonderful add-on again after a year or so absence, and Kodi seems to be ignoring the .edl file that Mute Profanity created! The curse words aren't being muted are all - add it isn't a delay problem I don't think because I don't hear any muting happening at all. Any ideas what could be wrong?
(2020-01-02, 18:54)jasonalun Wrote: [ -> ]I just started using Kodi and this wonderful add-on again after a year or so absence, and Kodi seems to be ignoring the .edl file that Mute Profanity created! The curse words aren't being muted are all - add it isn't a delay problem I don't think because I don't hear any muting happening at all. Any ideas what could be wrong?
It depends on the version you are running.  I think the the muting was fixed on 18.0 but broken on newer builds.  Since I use both the muting and skipping options in my .edl files, I have stayed with 16.1 (PC and Android builds) as this was the last time both of these worked.  I would like to upgrade to a newer version, but this feature is my first priority.
(2019-12-06, 22:25)MovieCleanup Wrote: [ -> ]FYI - Installed Windows version of Kodi 18.5 and found the mute\skip functions in the .edl (edit decision list file) are both broken from my limited testing...

I recently started another thread in the video troubleshooting section of the kodi forums to address the broken edl files in kodi 18.5 - 

I confirmed there (with error logs) how everything worked great with kodi 16 (as you mentioned MovieCleanup!) and with Kodi 17 --> 18.4 things worked, {albeit with some annoying audio sync issues for a few seconds before / after mutes and with needing to change skips ('1's) in the edl files to commercial breaks ('3's)}, yet with kodi 18.5 there appears to be no recognition at all of the .edl files.

This is somewhat unusual as according to 18.5's release notes, one of the improvements included  " Fixes to commercial skip (EDL) processing ".  

So far, no resolution has come up but I'll report back here if anything is sorted out. . . .
(2019-12-06, 22:25)MovieCleanup Wrote: [ -> ]FYI - Installed Windows version of Kodi 18.5 and found the mute\skip functions in the .edl (edit decision list file) are both broken from my limited testing...
OK I think I figured it out!

The .edl files created by the Mute Profanity Plugin include an introductory and ending line that is nested with ###

###### This section is automatically maintained by the Mute Profanity plugin ######
00123.101    00125.458    1    #Muted
00311.228    00312.449    1    #Muted
00327.244    00328.244    1    #Muted
###### END Mute Profanity plugin section ######

If I remove these ## nested  lines (I need to remove from both the top and bottom)  the .edl file loads properly and everything works.  If there is even just a single # in those lines, the file won't work.

Strange that this wasn't a problem with all other Kodi versions pre 18.5 . . .

Now I need to go through my several hundred .edl files and remove those lines manually, or wait until this is hopefully fixed in kodi 18.6!

I suspect this was an inadvertent result of 18.5's "Fixes to commercial skip (EDL) processing". 

There is still, though, the annoying audio sync issue for a few seconds before and after every '1' (mute) where as with kodi 16.1 (and earlier builds) the mute worked perfectly.
(2020-01-10, 20:35)Astrocyte74 Wrote: [ -> ]
OK I think I figured it out!

The .edl files created by the Mute Profanity Plugin include an introductory and ending line that is nested with ###

###### This section is automatically maintained by the Mute Profanity plugin ######
00123.101    00125.458    1    #Muted
00311.228    00312.449    1    #Muted
00327.244    00328.244    1    #Muted
###### END Mute Profanity plugin section ######

If I remove these ## nested  lines (I need to remove from both the top and bottom)  the .edl file loads properly and everything works.  If there is even just a single # in those lines, the file won't work.

Strange that this wasn't a problem with all other Kodi versions pre 18.5 . . .

Now I need to go through my several hundred .edl files and remove those lines manually, or wait until this is hopefully fixed in kodi 18.6!

I suspect this was an inadvertent result of 18.5's "Fixes to commercial skip (EDL) processing". 

There is still, though, the annoying audio sync issue for a few seconds before and after every '1' (mute) where as with kodi 16.1 (and earlier builds) the mute worked perfectly. 
Thanks for the troubleshooting Astrocyte74 and posting the thread to the process!  I'm hoping they fix the comment # symbol issue as I too do not want to fix all my files.  I have added too many other comments in addition to reports that I script.  Please keep us posted if Black_Eagle can successfully update the code.
OK good news - @black_eagle has successfully enabled the fix for reading of ##comment nested .edl files!!   This is effective in the nightly builds for Kodi 19, effective from Jan 17 onwards.

If you go to https://kodi.tv/download, choose your Operating System, then in the pop up box, choose "Development builds" and download any version from Jan 17 going forward.

I'm not sure yet if this will be enabled for Kodi 18.6, but at least we have it sorted out for v19+!

As I mentioned in an earlier post, there is still the audio sync issue just before / after every mute, but I can live with that as it self-corrects rather quickly.

If you are still using 18.5 and can't update to 19 developer builds due to your setup, you will still need to remove the ##comment lines from your .edl files.  I did this fairly quickly using Notepad++ using a find / replace feature that works across multiple files at once (ie choose the folder and let it run).
Just to confirm, this is now in V19 Matrix nightlies (and test builds of V19 LibreElec) but not V18 Leia.  I'll see if the team will allow me to back-port it to Leia but that decision is up to them not me.  I'll happily do the PR though.
How come this add on does not show up anymore on the list of add ons in the repository and has to be loaded from zip?  How can this be fixed?

Does this add on support Python v3 aka will it work in Kodi v19?
Hi,
Sorry to hijack your thread but this is the only place where anyone has discussed this recently.
I Just tried this for skipping Adult content from TV Series so it could be seen by children.
However, it does not seem to work.
I am trying to make this work for "Dark"  
Files are named : Dark - S01E01.mkv & Dark - S01E01.edl
This is what's in the edl file: "00:05:07   00:06:48   0"
I have tried substituting to just seconds & try 3 instead of 0 like " 333  338  3 "  but still nothing ?

Could anyone Help Please ?
I can confirm that 18.5 is playing EDL perfectly ( maybe because of  the EDL fix ) 
However its broken for 18.8
And I am not even talking about the MP generated EDL's with the hashes.
@black_eagle  ( or anyone else for that matter )could you please test and see if just the simple .edl is OK with current 18.8 
Cheers
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15