Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [OPEN BETA] Mute Profanity
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
techymomof6, Not sure if I read your time stamp correctly 19:34 21.:22 0. I know what the 0 is. What is 21.:22?

Also, how do I know the time stamp of the scene I wish to remove? Do I have to watch the video?

Thanks for your help with this. I love being able to actually watch a TV show without the filthy language.

Bill
Bseamans

My apologies, I didn't realize I posted a typo. So yes, to delete or skip a scene you mark the start and end of what you wish to skip. I watch it on a video player and write down start and end of what I want to skip, then add it to the edl above the Mute Profanity log. I agree, watching curse free is awesome! We don't watch any live TV anymore and watch with the kids without bad language.

Sample:

19:34 21:22 0
27:03 7:11 0
7:15 7:17 0
###### This section is automatically maintained by the Mute Profanity plugin ######

I usually tab or put five spaces between start, end and zero, but this forum is taking them out in my post lol
I am looking for a piece of software that will do the following:

Scan and read the subtitle file and mute the expletives, the re-write the new file.

Unlike what everyone else seems to want to do (mute the expletives on the fly) I want the new, muted file to be written as a new file.

This seems like it should be a simple program to write. The subtitle file has the timestamps, it just seems intuitive.

Does this exist or is anyone who writes code willing to tackle this?

I am not a goody-goody or a Jesus freak. I have a kid and would like to watch shows and movies with the curse words muted so I can watch even if he is in the room.
@dwsiddall

Mute Profanity Add-on does what you are wanting. It scans your movie or tv show and subtitle. Writes a new srt file and saves the old one as backup. The new subtitles have ****** in place of the curse word. This program is not really doing it on the fly. It's done before you watch it and then you have to watch it in Kodi to view it curse free.
I can't get it to work I have my entire library of movies and I click on the me profanity and it pulls up my library of movies I click on a movie and it says would you like to meet you profanity on this movie and gives me the title of the movie.
And then as soon as I say yes it gives me a script error and I've tried reinstalling it I don't know what else to do and since it doesn't come with any instructions

Sent from my iPhone 6+
@ilovemymac

Couple things I have noticed with using Mute Profanity.

Let's use example Titanic

Movie Folder should be named: Titantic (1997)
File and movie should be labeled in that folder: Titanic.mp4 and Titanic.srt

Add the video file to your directory and then go through the mute profanity. I have had the problem you are suggesting and it's usually mislabelling or file/folder setup. Make sure it's a srt file for subtiles and .mp4 was just an example, it can be anything.
Thank you techymomof6. I thought it was probably a typo of the time. Wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. I will give this a try.

I'm not a programmer. It sure would be nice if someone would take on this addon and updated it for scene removal and for TV shows. Once you filter a show or two you realize it's not that difficult but it could be much better if the add-on recognized the file as a TV show like it does movies.
Oh I just have 1 folder with all the movies I didn't know they needed to be sep

Sent from my iPhone 6+
(2016-06-02, 21:17)ilovemymac Wrote: [ -> ]I can't get it to work I have my entire library of movies and I click on the me profanity and it pulls up my library of movies I click on a movie and it says would you like to meet you profanity on this movie and gives me the title of the movie.
And then as soon as I say yes it gives me a script error and I've tried reinstalling it I don't know what else to do and since it doesn't come with any instructions

Sent from my iPhone 6+

(2016-06-02, 21:20)techymomof6 Wrote: [ -> ]@ilovemymac

Couple things I have noticed with using Mute Profanity.

Let's use example Titanic

Movie Folder should be named: Titantic (1997)
File and movie should be labeled in that folder: Titanic.mp4 and Titanic.srt

Add the video file to your directory and then go through the mute profanity. I have had the problem you are suggesting and it's usually mislabelling or file/folder setup. Make sure it's a srt file for subtiles and .mp4 was just an example, it can be anything.

A couple of things you may try... the files cannot be on a network drive. They need to be on your device in order to use mute profanity to filter them. Once filtered you can place them on a network drive if you wish for multiple device use. Also, you may need to scan your location for new content. If you are trying to filter TV shows techymomof6 has posted instructions for TV shows.
Oh I have the mall on ad network attached storage so I have to put the mic on a USB drive and plug it into the back of the fire TV then I suppose

Sent from my iPhone 6+
@ilovemymac

The log you provided shows many banned add-ons (wiki) that violate the forum rules (wiki).
(2016-06-05, 02:58)ilovemymac Wrote: [ -> ]IM not asking about banned add ons I'm asking about This add-on that is on here and why its not working.
I didn't mention them and its my box and nothing in that forum rules says i can't have them on my box. Simply says i can't ask about them.

So rather then bug me about something i didn't ask about provide me with a solution.
Thanks

No help on system contaminated with banned add-ons (wiki).
Those are the forum rules (wiki).
Deal with them and this part of the thread is going to get binned.
please show me where it says no help on systems with other add ons? I looked at the forum rules i do not see that
OK after reinstalling it works.
Now i have a problem. I have doubles of all my movies showing up in my library. I put the movie and sub in the folder named the movie. Should i just name the movie something else? Or do they have to be in operate folders from each other movie in the library
(2016-01-20, 20:01)tongyun Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-20, 18:47)techymomof6 Wrote: [ -> ]tonygun

Did not know I could skip scenes! I am for sure going to have to try that, seems too easy!

Let me know if you have questions. Happy to share.

OK i am trying to skip a nude scene in Die hard according to the timer the scene is 2233-2239 so i put 02233.008 02239.008 0 #Skip
That in the EDL file but it doesn't skip.
What did i do wrong?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15