Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Official Add-On Website- issues and suggestions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Hey all,

Take a look at the new official XBMC add-on website that will be appearing on the main front page soon. Its just a website to show off the XBMC repository for now but could develop much more in the future.

Let me know what you think, its very basic but hopefully it will improve quickly once its released.

http://addons.xbmc.org/

As always, XBMC is opensource and we welcome any code contributions to our github repository.

https://github.com/xbmc/Addon-Frontend
Nice beginning!

1. Could we maybe not have emails on the page, though - I really don't want my email scrapable so easily if I can avoid it, even if it is not my proper one...
2. Where's weather?
3. Needs a search box!

Are those stats actual stats?
(2013-11-12, 01:43)bossanova808 Wrote: [ -> ]Nice beginning!

1. Could we maybe not have emails on the page, though - I really don't want my email scrapable so easily if I can avoid it, even if it is not my proper one...
2. Where's weather?
3. Needs a search box!

Are those stats actual stats?

1) We show the provider-name field, from the addon.xml. This field should really be the creators nickname only. There is another field for email which we do not show.
2) I'll add some more sections soon
3) Top right Wink
4) Yes real download stats
4) do note that these stats are not representative and are a sum of all the downloads for that addon, ever. So if you update a lot it will increase way faster. This should change in future to show more meaningful stats.
hmmm yeah I remembered someone added my email to the provider name during the initial get-in-repo stage, which I thought odd at the time. Guess I should submit an update with that removed, huh?

Ah ok, assumed that was site search but yep that works

Great!
(2013-11-12, 11:45)bossanova808 Wrote: [ -> ]hmmm yeah I remembered someone added my email to the provider name during the initial get-in-repo stage, which I thought odd at the time. Guess I should submit an update with that removed, huh?

Ah ok, assumed that was site search but yep that works

Great!

yes, please submit update (doesn't matter if it's just for this)
This has now been officially launched Big Grin
Congrats!

A much need addition to XBMC's site. I think skins, in particular, need a little more exposure.
(2013-11-18, 13:35)hudo Wrote: [ -> ]Congrats!

A much need addition to XBMC's site. I think skins, in particular, need a little more exposure.

Thanks!

Yeh Skins are going to have a nice little showcase, all I need is skin authors to update their packages with standard screenshot naming and I'll implement it.

screenshots should be named screenshot001.jpg, screenshot002.jpg ect.
This is a great addition. This is something that i felt was missing.

I wish there there was a page for unofficial addons to Smile
simply tell according authors to submit to official repo (unless they meet the criteria, i.e. nothing illegal, ...)
You know what would be cool with this remake, if you could push addons (for install) to your system like you can in Google Play store Wink

Love the new look Wink
Now we have a nice front-end website I'm sure many more authors will upload their add-ons to the official repository.

EDIT: In fact 1 click upload has always been the target of this project for me
Nice! This needs some more marketing though so that all people, users and developers, will all know that it exists

Write-up article on xbmc.org front-page, and XBMC Forum Addons/Skins sub-forums, Facebook, etc. ?

(2013-11-19, 15:43)schumi2004 Wrote: [ -> ]You know what would be cool with this remake, if you could push addons (for install) to your system like you can in Google Play store Wink
That would be so cool! The same thing works with iTunes which syncronices wuth iPhone / iPad / iPod using your Apple account, all settings are stored in iCloud.

What if you could login with your forum user account on both the website and in XBMC and it would sync all your addon settings, and such?

Then if you reinstalled XBMC on a new box you would only have to login and it would give you the option automatically install all your preferred addons
I could imagine an autoinstaller one day, but not a XBMC cloud that's syncing your devices - we don't want to handle/spy your data. Syncing should be done in a local mesh/cloud of devices, but not a remote cloud service/server.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19