Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Spotlight - yet another Spotify add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
I get this error to:
Quote:"incompatible types , LP_callbacks instance instead of LP_callbacks instance "

Using XBMCbuntu 13.2-beta2 with XBMC Gotham Beta 3.

Version 1.0.2 is working! 1.1.0 not.
I just released patch version 1.1.1 to make it work on OE/Linux. There was a problem with optimization which was creating connection to Spotify only when add-on was accessed. I had to revert some parts of this code. Changelog:
  • Fixed not working add-on on Linux/OE/latest Gotham
  • Reverted creation of session during XBMC startup (logging in to Spotify is still done once add-on is accessed)

Please let me know if everything is OK now.

Download here.
Working as good as before again. Cheers Dariusz, you have made a great addon!
Works very nice!
I also like the feature to queue music with the TV turned off. With Yatse remote on Android.
Is there also an IOS remote who can do the same? I have tested it with an virtual Android device from my computer, but having an iPad.

Also when i start the music remotely with Yatse, the name of the playing music not containing the Artist and track information,
so no Artist Wallpapers animations when using that method. I would love it is possible to fix that Smile
I've been testing it some more now, and it is stable. However, there is quite a long delay (>10 s) between selecting a song and when it starts. Some of the delay is probably due to the fact that XBMC must be run on an external USB drive on the Boxee Box, at least up until recently. I have not moved my XBMC install to the internal storage on the Boxee yet.

Could there be something more causing the delay? I'll send a log-file when I get the chance.
Hi Dariusz,

Just registered an account only to say: thank you!
As a boxeebox-user your addon is simply amazing.
Ok, now Spotlight is not starting at all, it gives an
"[Errno 111] Connection refused"
and then
"Could not connect to remote server"

I recently replaced my old xbmc install, which I ran on an external drive, to a new build that can be run
on Boxee's internal memory. It's a lot faster this way, but alas, Spotlight has now stopped working.

Some more info on this xbmc build can be found at:
http://boxeed.in/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=599

The log file is here:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=165961

For some reason, xbmclogs wouldn't let me paste the whole log file, so I pasted the part that starts when
I installed from the zip file.
Never mind, it's working now. I restarted xbmc and that fixed it!
I would love to try this out, but I am getting a connection error 10061:
21:21:21 T:7216 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <class 'spotify.LibSpotifyError'>
Error Contents: Invalid library version

EDIT: I have used both spotimc and spotyxbmc before. This seems to have corrupted my version of libspotify.

Solution: Download libspotify.dll from https://developer.spotify.com/technologies/libspotify/
Go to C:\Program Files\XBMC and replace libspotify.dll with the new version.
i like your addon its very awesome but there are some stuff i miss and hate:

- you cant download any playlist to use it in offline mode.
- Actually there is no offline mode at all and it takes time loging in etc
- browsing around the playlist takes to long to load, why dont you think about caching the playlist-list and inside that the musiclist?
-searching is a bit shitty because it just shows songs and not the Album or artist it self (I would say that it will be possible if you show the albums and artist as an folder structur and after that you show just the songs)
- thats actually all, but i always find stuff for you to do ;D and very thanks again for your addon
Hi!

Best Spotify implementation I have yet seen, so many many thanks for that. There is really only one thing I could wish for: Being able to play spotify music from the XBMC music library. Its possible to add albums to the library, album arts are not always displayed on the home screen's "recently added" tab on xbian, but everything is added to the library no problem. The songs just aren't playable. Is there a chance this could be integrated? Or is this maybe a bug only I am having?

Thanks for reading.
Hi all,

great Addon, big thx to Dariusz!!! Really like the direct integration. Here are my wishes/suggestions for improvements :

1. Sorting of Lists (by title, date added, artists a.s.o.)
2. Radio
3. Implementation of "Your Music" (Your Albums, Your artists, Your songs). Add songs,artists,albums to "Your Music"
4. Star tracks
5. Top Lists

Think last two already on todo.

Again thank you very much for work!!

Tom
Thanks for your feedback!

My initial idea was to create simple add-on that will have native XBMC experience. However, after the general positive reception I am going to develop it way further. Your suggestions will help me to identify the most demanded features. Things I that I know are possible and will be added are:

1. Top Lists
2. Star tracks
3. Playing offline tracks (but Download action from xbmc might not be possible)
4. Performance improvements - so far I've been not putting too much attention to it. This would involve better handling of large track sets etc.
5. Search giving results in form of categories: Artist, Album etc. or flat track list depending on configuration.
6. Some UX stuff like changing settings without restart.

Things I will need to investigate:

- Adding music to XBMC library. That's interesting but I haven't tried.
- Sorting - this is doable but I need to figure out the best way.

Things that will not or might not be possible, because of libspotify API limitation:

- Radio
- Browse

@timmen: Implementation of "Your Music" (Your Albums, Your artists, Your songs). Add songs,artists,albums to "Your Music" - this is interesting, this would be additional feature not covered by Spotify. Spotify gives only Playlists.
@EyeForcz: How many playlists do you have and what's the biggest number of tracks you have in a playlist? Do you think that adding paging (showing track 1-50, then 51-100 etc.) would be convenient?
thanks for your response,

i think i got like 40-60 playlists with average 20 songs in it.
i think adding paging wouldn be that much usefull in this case.
I would say that caching is the best method for that problem. At the first start of spotify you can cache all the playlist names and the names of the songs in it and after that you can make a check for new list and songs in the background. If you want to make playing offline tracks then you definitly must do something like this.
Its better for everyone when you just have to wait 3mins for the first time then waiting like 3sec everytime
Can exporting be implemented using the same method as video, i. e. Strm files?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21