Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Popcornflix Video Addon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Doesn't work for me either, content is available with Amazon Fire TV App and German IP-address.

Debug Log
Works ok for me. I'll try to use a German IP this weekend and see what's up. At first glance I would say it's geo-blocked but that doesn't fit if the website can be accessed using a German IP.
That's strange, only seems to be available on Fire TV, access on their website is region restricted.
Just for your knowledge.

Doesn´t work on Portugal IP also.
Thanks alot for the excellent add-on.  It's working very well on the old ATV1 with CHD card, especially so with Kinos build running KODI 16.1. It's greatly appreciated.)
Seems to be geoblocked in Canada
Hello, I am new to Kodi. I have installed the programm with some Add-Ons.

But I can not start Popcornflix Plugin.

Log removed by mod - please post full, not partial logs, to pastebin or similar service and post the link in the forum.
Can I draw your attention to something you maybe somehow missed - Do not post logs in the forum. Use https://paste.kodi.tv/ instead.

Please use the log file uploader addon to upload a full debug log (wiki) to our paste site and supply the link to it here. Snippets are rarely complete enough to be useful, and just bloat the forum database unnecessarily.
@keeperofthetux I believe that you are located in a country where either popcornflix is geolocked or has a separate local website which differs from their US site. The add-on is working fine in the US and Canada.
(2020-05-22, 14:39)learningit Wrote: [ -> ]@keeperofthetux I believe that you are located in a country where either popcornflix is geolocked or has a separate local website which differs from their US site. The add-on is working fine in the US and Canada.
I'm in Canada presently and I just tested the first four movies in the New Arrivals section and was getting the Check the Log error.  Can you have a look and see if the same is happening to you.  Edit:  Actually a lot of the movies are getting the error, I'm using version 6.05 by t1m, is there an update?
Works fine in the US. I live near the Canadian border and my Canadian mobile still can play the vids. I haven't looked into how they determine your location, it's possible that the mobile is giving a US location. At any rate, the add-on works fine in the US. A gentle reminder, no discussion about proxies or VPNs in the forum.
Version 7.0.0 available in v19 repo.
This version is Py3 native and will only run on v19 or above.
Add Movie to Library is added.
I'm still running an old MX box with Kodi Jarvis. The query with Popcornflix is playback selection which seems to vary with that indicated in the list of available titles. For instance. the movie "Wuthering Heights" is shown as "SD" ~ when I play it, it's at 1080 and too much for my old set up. Similarly, I get SD when when "HD" is indicated (TV progammes). Am I doing something wrong, could playback quality be made selectable? I think it's probably time for me to upgrade.
(2020-08-16, 17:49)PSYCHOUT Wrote: [ -> ]I'm still running an old MX box with Kodi Jarvis. The query with Popcornflix is playback selection which seems to vary with that indicated in the list of available titles. For instance. the movie "Wuthering Heights" is shown as "SD" ~ when I play it, it's at 1080 and too much for my old set up. Similarly, I get SD when when "HD" is indicated (TV progammes). Am I doing something wrong, could playback quality be made selectable? I think it's probably time for me to upgrade.
You can go into Settings-System-Internet Access and enable internet bandwidth limiting. A starting place might be 2mps to force SD, but it may need higher or lower based on content.
(2020-08-16, 18:50)learningit Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-08-16, 17:49)PSYCHOUT Wrote: [ -> ]I'm still running an old MX box with Kodi Jarvis. The query with Popcornflix is playback selection which seems to vary with that indicated in the list of available titles. For instance. the movie "Wuthering Heights" is shown as "SD" ~ when I play it, it's at 1080 and too much for my old set up. Similarly, I get SD when when "HD" is indicated (TV progammes). Am I doing something wrong, could playback quality be made selectable? I think it's probably time for me to upgrade.
You can go into Settings-System-Internet Access and enable internet bandwidth limiting. A starting place might be 2mps to force SD, but it may need higher or lower based on content.
Thanks "Learningit" ~ your tip did the trick and SD is forced without problems.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8