Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: SiO2-X - Helix
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
(2014-12-28, 05:41)nitewulf Wrote: [ -> ]After beating my main htpc into submission I got the skin installed and I've been exploring and noticed a couple things.

1. SiO2-X and Icon view do not display numbers of unwatched episodes. All other views do.

love the skin btw. Thanks for all the work that went into it.

Just moved from SiO2 to SiO2-X (to fix the offset unwatched counts) and found the same - the number of unwatched episodes is what I moved to fix, and icon view no longer shows them. Can we get that back?

Other than that, love the rest of the changes. Looks and feels a lot slicker.
Absolutely love how fast this skin is.
Is it possible to add a couple of power options to the main menu?
I currently have hibernate but it wouldn't hurt to have power off or restart as it's for my parents whom aren't computer literate.
(2014-12-28, 05:41)nitewulf Wrote: [ -> ]After beating my main htpc into submission I got the skin installed and I've been exploring and noticed a couple things.

1. SiO2-X and Icon view do not display numbers of unwatched episodes. All other views do.
2. The black text on dark grey background in the Live TV EPG is hard for my eyes to see at a distance. What would I need to modify to change the text color?
3. I followed the help video to display all shows in the shelf of the TV Guide. However it doesn't seem like there is a way to get focus to the shelf to scroll through all the shows. Is there maybe a keyboard shortcut that would get focus up there?

love the skin btw. Thanks for all the work that went into it.

1 they will be added, sorry I'm in the middle of fixing those views, and got lost....
2 damn PVR... i don't have a backend so it's always hard to skin in the dark. Will fix I promise
3 make sure You add the items in the FIRST 2 SPOTS, they get put right on the top row and have access to shelf. I might implement clicking to shelf.

(2014-12-28, 17:27)rridder Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Fast, since the change to kodi i can't figure out how to make custom backgrounds for the buttons.
On gotham i'd upload an image in your skin media folder and then change a line in the homepanel.xml (<property name="color">icons/movies_atv.png</property>)
But it doesn't work anymore. Can you help me out where to put them? I've also noticed that the spotify thumb is to big now cause the button became smaller.

now just remove the "icons/" and the ".png" part.

so you get

Code:
<property name="color">movies_atv</property>

the skin adds the rest. Wink

(2014-12-29, 05:58)minimurr Wrote: [ -> ]I'm actually on Si02 and can't get Si02-X to install. It says to contact developer. Something about dependencies not met?

But with Si02 I've just upgraded to Kodi and now when I try to run a search, there are no characters showing int he text window. The upper case, lower case, numbers etc are displaying but where you would normally click with your mouse to pick numbers, there is nothing displaying. I've switched back to confluence and that search is working but really like Si02.

Thanks in advance

Murray

Windows 7

will investigate but please post stuff for Sio2 in the Sio2 thread, It gets a little confusing for me. Wink

(2014-12-29, 18:50)sparkyvanburen Wrote: [ -> ]hi fast
so i am now running kodi, and am having an issue on both of my raspberry pis....it is fairly minor but when i go tot he Favorites icon, normally there are 5 shelf items, the 1st 5 favorites (normally my favorite favorites Big Grin)). What I have is just a black area...if I click on the fav icon, then all my favorties are there. is anyone else seeing this? am I doing something wrong?
I am running this

I recently changed the way favs are handled. Should get fixed in next update.
try installing

script.extendedinfo

(2014-12-30, 00:38)shanehearps Wrote: [ -> ]Absolutely love how fast this skin is.
Is it possible to add a couple of power options to the main menu?
I currently have hibernate but it wouldn't hurt to have power off or restart as it's for my parents whom aren't computer literate.

not sure if I understand the request... since they are already there. Smile

Thanks everyone for your input. Sorry If I seemed a little quick with replies, but I'm very tired. Wink

will try and fix some issues tomorrow.

PS for those with dependancies problems make sure (if not auto installed) to get these ADDONS:

service.library.data.provider
script.artwork.downloader
script.favourites
script.extendedinfo
script.globalsearch
script.tv.show.next.aired

reps might shrink in the future.. but so far, it is what it is Angel
(2014-12-30, 02:15)fastcolors Wrote: [ -> ]1 they will be added, sorry I'm in the middle of fixing those views, and got lost....
2 damn PVR... i don't have a backend so it's always hard to skin in the dark. Will fix I promise
3 make sure You add the items in the FIRST 2 SPOTS, they get put right on the top row and have access to shelf. I might implement clicking to shelf.

Fast,

1 thanks, im sure its alot to keep track of
2 If it helps, the Light theme version of the PVR is very easy to read
3 What items do you refer? Are you saying i can move the TV Guide around in the home screen and place it next to Movies/TV Shows so its on the first row instead of the second?

I also noticed when i switched to the Light theme that the color of the text [when you hit enter while a video is playing to see the elapsed time, etc] is very dark and hard to see. Unless your watching a movie about snow, then it would show up well.
First off I love this theme. I have a few suggestions. And a few must have upgrades

Needed.

Font size can't be adjusted. Way to small. Example. Navi-x font super tiny on my tv

Wanted.

I like the home screen but. I would like to remove the top shelf area. I want just icons I can't seem to find the option to hide the top shelf area. I just want a page of icons is there a option for this that I'm not seeing?

Please let me know if you can assist me with this thanks
Hi there. Been playing with this skin and so far, its working wonderfully. I have a quick question. Right now, I am using Super Favorites with a link on the home screen to a specific "Super Favorite" - i.e. lets say I have NASA livestreams and videos under one Super Favorite called "Space" and there's a shortcut to "Space" on the home screen.

Here's what I need to know - at times (not always, but at times) if I go into "Space" and browse a menu but then hit the back button (or backspace on a keyboard) I get what I believe to be the Videos,root menu (The one with Videos, Playlists, and Add-Ons listed as options).. if I hit back again, I get back to the root of my "Space" Super Favorite.

Is there ANY WAY to either remove the "Add-Ons" option off that videos,root menu or to stop that behavior from occurring (where it won't load that menu) - it seems like it happens no matter what skin I'm in but I happen to rather like yours for aesthetic purposes so I figured I'd ask since, well, you're the expert Smile

Thanks!
Hi Fast,
I sent you a request in order to translate the skin to the Spanish language.
Please, accept it and I'll do my best for you.

Concerning the skin, the fanart view in library repeats the entries. It seems there's no end... No rotation in the library would be better.
Default view should be better as big list, instead of icon view. I miss also the small list view as in SIO2.
Also, it would be helpful being able to look for files directly from the left options menu.
If you add/move/cancel some favorite, the favorite icons in the shelf do not update immediately.
While TV Guide Icon in the home page is placed before than search, in the home customizer, TV Guide is placed after. This happens also which Movie and TV Releases in front of the custom favorites or addons.
It's really nice placing as a favorite a link to a web page with videos and seeing the posters, but the view with some addons or links which are working with folders is not nice. Being able to deactivate the view in some cases would be perfect.

Anyway, fantastic job. Your skin is superb!

Regards, and Happy New Year
(2014-12-30, 19:05)nitewulf Wrote: [ -> ]What items do you refer? Are you saying i can move the TV Guide around in the home screen and place it next to Movies/TV Shows so its on the first row instead of the second?

Nope, not for now. why you want to access TvGuide? clicking on those items just opens the library folder for the correspondent tvshow. But unless you added a streaming service addon (a legal one of course) . You won't have that particular episode. If You have a different scenario please let me know.

(2014-12-30, 19:05)nitewulf Wrote: [ -> ]Unless your watching a movie about snow, then it would show up well.

RoflRoflRoflRoflRofl I need me a movie about snow!!!!
will fix!

(2014-12-31, 19:31)Atwcorp Wrote: [ -> ]First off I love this theme. I have a few suggestions. And a few must have upgrades

Needed.

Font size can't be adjusted. Way to small. Example. Navi-x font super tiny on my tv

Wanted.

I like the home screen but. I would like to remove the top shelf area. I want just icons I can't seem to find the option to hide the top shelf area. I just want a page of icons is there a option for this that I'm not seeing?

Please let me know if you can assist me with this thanks

Navi X fonts are dependent on Navi X and TBH I am thinking of removing the NaviX skinning. Actually I probably will in next update, since it's not even an allowed addon.
edit: actually I already did.

Option to remove shelf isn't there, and probably won't get added. Why You don't like the shelf? It gives a lot of useful widgets.
If you really need a shelfless version I can tailor one for you and branch out, let me know, might be interesting to see if more people would like a mod like that. I'm pretty sure there's a modded version of my skin somewhere that has that ability.
(2015-01-01, 20:30)craig1974 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there. Been playing with this skin and so far, its working wonderfully. I have a quick question. Right now, I am using Super Favorites with a link on the home screen to a specific "Super Favorite" - i.e. lets say I have NASA livestreams and videos under one Super Favorite called "Space" and there's a shortcut to "Space" on the home screen.

Here's what I need to know - at times (not always, but at times) if I go into "Space" and browse a menu but then hit the back button (or backspace on a keyboard) I get what I believe to be the Videos,root menu (The one with Videos, Playlists, and Add-Ons listed as options).. if I hit back again, I get back to the root of my "Space" Super Favorite.

Is there ANY WAY to either remove the "Add-Ons" option off that videos,root menu or to stop that behavior from occurring (where it won't load that menu) - it seems like it happens no matter what skin I'm in but I happen to rather like yours for aesthetic purposes so I figured I'd ask since, well, you're the expert Smile

Thanks!

I will try to replicate the issue and see what i can do.
let's se if i understand correctly. from home you enter a favourite added to one of the panel icons. then you navigate to another submenu. Then if you go back you end up in video root.
I really believe this is dependent on the addon navigation and how it writes the window history . Give me a minute to investigate and I'll get back to you.

(2015-01-01, 20:46)blashman Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Fast,
I sent you a request in order to translate the skin to the Spanish language.
Please, accept it and I'll do my best for you.

done.

(2015-01-01, 20:46)blashman Wrote: [ -> ]Concerning the skin, the fanart view in library repeats the entries. It seems there's no end... No rotation in the library would be better.

That was requested. It originally had an end. I don't really use that view at all. will revert the change.
see if anybody complaints. Wink

(2015-01-01, 20:46)blashman Wrote: [ -> ]Default view should be better as big list, instead of icon view. I miss also the small list view as in SIO2.

I kind of agree. As for previous response, someone requested. and I don't really mind switching them so I did.
No problem reverting. Only thing that at that point convinced me was to present a "fancier" GUI out of the box, since most "computer illiterates" after a few years go : "Do you mean I could have seen icons all along?? ". I had people PM me asking where to find the "fancy version". Smile

small list ain't coming back. sorry.

(2015-01-01, 20:46)blashman Wrote: [ -> ]Also, it would be helpful being able to look for files directly from the left options menu.

i believe search is there... or you mean switch to files view? that was removed because window replacing changed slightly its behavior.

(2015-01-01, 20:46)blashman Wrote: [ -> ]If you add/move/cancel some favorite, the favorite icons in the shelf do not update immediately.

I switched the favourite list to be filled by script.extendedinfo and I noticed the same thing. Will investigate on adding an automatic refresh option.

(2015-01-01, 20:46)blashman Wrote: [ -> ]While TV Guide Icon in the home page is placed before than search, in the home customizer, TV Guide is placed after. This happens also which Movie and TV Releases in front of the custom favorites or add ons.

will fix. thanks.

(2015-01-01, 20:46)blashman Wrote: [ -> ]It's really nice placing as a favorite a link to a web page with videos and seeing the posters, but the view with some addons or links which are working with folders is not nice. Being able to deactivate the view in some cases would be perfect.

that might be tricky to do.. since shelf is automated and the list is always the same, just the content changes with new dynamic property recently introduced.

(2015-01-01, 20:46)blashman Wrote: [ -> ]Anyway, fantastic job. Your skin is superb!

Regards, and Happy New Year

Thanks a lot, glad You like the skin. Cheers!
Fast,
you have a present from me at Transifex. Skin translation to Spanish at 100%

Concerning the option of search, I meant the option to change to files view.

Best regards!
(2015-01-01, 22:41)blashman Wrote: [ -> ]Fast,
you have a present from me at Transifex. Skin translation to Spanish at 100%

Concerning the option of search, I meant the option to change to files view.

Best regards!

BlushBlushBlushBlush

nice present. will include right now!!!

thanks!

I will try to bring back switch to files.

Cheers!
Quote:I will try to replicate the issue and see what i can do.
let's se if i understand correctly. from home you enter a favourite added to one of the panel icons. then you navigate to another submenu. Then if you go back you end up in video root.
I really believe this is dependent on the addon navigation and how it writes the window history . Give me a minute to investigate and I'll get back to you.

Correct Smile (And, by the way, I bet you're spot on with the thinking its driven by the addon navigation's window history stuff as it does NOT happen with all add-ons / menus). For this specific project I'm attempting, I'd be perfectly happy with just the "Add-Ons" option to be removed from the video root menu.. I'm just not sure how to do so (even though I think it can be done?)

If I could password protect it (like I have the add-on manager password protected using master lock) that would be fine, too - but I don't think I can add that functionality.. unless I'm mistaken?

By the way, thanks for your help, I very much appreciate it!
(2015-01-01, 21:20)fastcolors Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-12-30, 19:05)nitewulf Wrote: [ -> ]What items do you refer? Are you saying i can move the TV Guide around in the home screen and place it next to Movies/TV Shows so its on the first row instead of the second?

Nope, not for now. why you want to access TvGuide? clicking on those items just opens the library folder for the correspondent tvshow. But unless you added a streaming service addon (a legal one of course) . You won't have that particular episode. If You have a different scenario please let me know.

I didn't know clicking on them did anything. And can't because its on the second row of my home screen. I just noticed that it showed the next air date for the show ordered by airing soonest. Thought it'd be fun to scroll though and see them all. No big deal.

Seems like there is an issue with the TV Guide though. When I first activated it last week there was only 1 show coming up so it had a badge number of 1. Just looked at it and there's shows airing almost every day, the Badge Number should be a lot more than 1 now. What should it represent? The number of shows? Or the number of episodes?

Also, it would be nice to have a Badge Number on the day of the weeks. For example, Tuesday has about 6 shows airing that I watch but i didn't know that until I scrolled down.

Happy New Year.
(2015-01-02, 22:23)nitewulf Wrote: [ -> ]Seems like there is an issue with the TV Guide though. When I first activated it last week there was only 1 show coming up so it had a badge number of 1. Just looked at it and there's shows airing almost every day, the Badge Number should be a lot more than 1 now. What should it represent? The number of shows? Or the number of episodes?

Badge only shows number of episodes airing TODAY

(2015-01-02, 22:23)nitewulf Wrote: [ -> ]Also, it would be nice to have a Badge Number on the day of the weeks. For example, Tuesday has about 6 shows airing that I watch but i didn't know that until I scrolled down.

that is not provided by the addon, so I cannot add id. The TvGuide is built by an external addon not maintained by me. You could ask the Dev of the addon to add that property. number of episodes per day. I will check but I don't recall it already being there.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=186090

(2015-01-02, 22:23)nitewulf Wrote: [ -> ]Happy New Year.

Same to You and Your loved ones.

Cheers!!!!
If it helps since you skin the PVR views "in the dark" (they turn out amazing btw) this is what they look like dark and white theme:

Episode names in white and I think you've got perfection here.

White view looks great. Just messed up pasting in picture in mspaint, the first bit shouldn't be there.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13