Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: CCM for Helix
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
'M', I'm at it again!
Check out my clean new look in the "more modern look" thread here...

Greetings Mudislander.

First off, a hardy thanks for all the work you've done on this skin. Without your efforts, Kodi wouldn't be the same. What's great is that you have a genuine sense of what others would want and even more incredibly, as I have read throughout this thread, a genuine interest in what others have to say in regards to your skin. A lot of folks as gifted as you are allow ego to saturate their lives. Not so with you.

Now, onto my a few issues I am having.

1) In the skin version 3.0.3, under "General Settings" --> "Miscellaneous Options" an option labelled "Show Media Now Playing Background" was available. It worked fine. However, in the latest version 3.0.4, it seems to have been moved or removed. Either I have dementia setting in, or you either forgot that option or purposely removed it. In any event, I miss that option.

2) I'd like to ask you about "Live Content" backgrounds. I have two installations on two computers both using your skin. On one computer, "Live Content" background works as expected for all video types. On the other, somehow the Music Video category only displays the random case containers.without any actual live content. The TV Show category works fine. The issue is just with the Music Videos category. Note that both computers are accessing the same physical media content. The only workaround is something you suggested 4 or 5 pages back and that is to make the background for Music Videos point to the multiple images of the videos located in the music videos folder. Would you have any idea what is wrong with this one installation or things to look for to correct?

Once again, thanks for your efforts.
Is anyone else having problems with the weather widget not showing up?

I deleted weather and then re-added it to see if it would show up. Now weather doesn't show up in the widget selection screen and I can't add it back.
(2015-01-24, 05:42)dpetr Wrote: [ -> ]Greetings Mudislander.

First off, a hardy thanks for all the work you've done on this skin. Without your efforts, Kodi wouldn't be the same. What's great is that you have a genuine sense of what others would want and even more incredibly, as I have read throughout this thread, a genuine interest in what others have to say in regards to your skin. A lot of folks as gifted as you are allow ego to saturate their lives. Not so with you.

Now, onto my a few issues I am having.

1) In the skin version 3.0.3, under "General Settings" --> "Miscellaneous Options" an option labelled "Show Media Now Playing Background" was available. It worked fine. However, in the latest version 3.0.4, it seems to have been moved or removed. Either I have dementia setting in, or you either forgot that option or purposely removed it. In any event, I miss that option.

2) I'd like to ask you about "Live Content" backgrounds. I have two installations on two computers both using your skin. On one computer, "Live Content" background works as expected for all video types. On the other, somehow the Music Video category only displays the random case containers.without any actual live content. The TV Show category works fine. The issue is just with the Music Videos category. Note that both computers are accessing the same physical media content. The only workaround is something you suggested 4 or 5 pages back and that is to make the background for Music Videos point to the multiple images of the videos located in the music videos folder. Would you have any idea what is wrong with this one installation or things to look for to correct?

Once again, thanks for your efforts.

Actually the difference is that CCM is done for fun and it evolves trying to keep the greatest number of users satisfied - so you got to listen Wink

1) Try --> General Settings --> Global Options --:> "Enable Fanart Background of Playing Media" Basically does the same, except if music playing and you're browsing through your library the list items background will now show. Videos playing on the other hand will always show through.

Tried to make the settings a bit more constant - instead of Hide this or show that, I've tried to use "enable" Also (and this is difficult) have moved some of the settings to try and group them eg: Global, Home, Music etc

2) Out of curiosity are both the computers using the same OS?

For the Live Backgrounds to work

Your media needs to be all present and correct in your library.

In the skin settings --> "script options" --> "required scripts" check the settings of "service.skin.widgets" that it's running.

Live backgrounds first checks what sort of media item is shown eg: music, movies, TVshows, playlist.
Then it checks if that script is running and that random items are allowed - if yes show a random artwork - if no then
CCM checks your media database to get a recently added item artwork - if yes it will show it if no falls back to the default icon

I had a quick check of the code and have noticed that "MusicVideos" are only checking the script for "random artwork" and nothing else, which may be part of your problem - I'll look at that. But it should still work if service.skin.widgets is running.

(2015-01-24, 09:05)Albert88J Wrote: [ -> ]Is anyone else having problems with the weather widget not showing up?

I deleted weather and then re-added it to see if it would show up. Now weather doesn't show up in the widget selection screen and I can't add it back.

You need to explain a bit further, As what I call widgets are obviously not what you call widgets Big Grin

Weather item on main menu, make sure weather addon is correct and enabled for your area.

Weather icon on top left hand area of home screen SkinSettings-->GeneralSettings-->Home Screen Options" - Click on "Home Top Left Info Area" until it says "Weather"
Greetings once more Mudislander.

That renaming of the label had this old man confused which is not at all surprising. The issue with the background and live content was that the script "service.skin.widgets" was never installed on the computer that was having the problem. Have no idea why. In any event, copying that folder over to the problem computer resolved that issue. Now, I'm all good.

Quote:the difference is that CCM is done for fun

I can tell you one thing. In the country I live in, the voluntary effort you have put into this "for fun" project is so rare as to almost be non-existent. Where I live, the only thing "for fun" that gets this much effort is sports.

Thanks for resolving my problems.
The original settings picture:

Thanks for the skin Mudislander, its coming on great

Could you tell me how to get artist slideshow to work on full screen
At the moment it just shows one image of the artist , where as before it showed all the images that artist slideshow downloaded
has this option been added yet , or am i not using the right settings tried many to get it to work

Thanks ...
With the last update when playing a video. When Jumping forward (or backward) I just get a small info down to the right "Seeking +10:00" or "Seeking 00:30". Before I could see the timeline or what it's called up to the right. I'm a fan of the original view.
(2015-01-24, 18:28)Majster Wrote: [ -> ]With the last update when playing a video. When Jumping forward (or backward) I just get a small info down to the right "Seeking +10:00" or "Seeking 00:30". Before I could see the timeline or what it's called up to the right. I'm a fan of the original view.

Same here. Seeing the timeline during seek/pause is very useful.
(2015-01-24, 09:44)Mudislander Wrote: [ -> ]You need to explain a bit further, As what I call widgets are obviously not what you call widgets Big Grin

Weather item on main menu, make sure weather addon is correct and enabled for your area.

Weather icon on top left hand area of home screen SkinSettings-->GeneralSettings-->Home Screen Options" - Click on "Home Top Left Info Area" until it says "Weather"

I was talking about the four day weather forecast widget that shows up when you highlight weather.
Like in this picture:

It was working in your gotham skin but now it does not show up at all.
Just installed. Works and looks great. Thanks
(2015-01-24, 16:13)nkgx Wrote: [ -> ]The original settings picture:

Big Grin Missing is it ? - What do you guys prefer this one or Kodi logo ?

(2015-01-24, 18:13)marson Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the skin Mudislander, its coming on great

At the moment it just shows one image of the artist , where as before it showed all the images that artist slideshow downloaded
has this option been added yet , or am i not using the right settings tried many to get it to work

Thanks ...

Make sure it's enabled --> SkinSettings --> Script Options --> Supported Addons and Scripts --> Enable Artist Slide Show
Also button below is a shortcut to the settings of ArtistSlideShow you might want to look in there.

(2015-01-24, 21:17)Cupko Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-01-24, 18:28)Majster Wrote: [ -> ]With the last update when playing a video. When Jumping forward (or backward) I just get a small info down to the right "Seeking +10:00" or "Seeking 00:30". Before I could see the timeline or what it's called up to the right. I'm a fan of the original view.

Same here. Seeing the timeline during seek/pause is very useful.

My feeling is that you two are completely alone in this world with that preference Big Grin However, I'm looking for my undelete button & I'm sure we could put in another preference button

(2015-01-24, 22:28)Albert88J Wrote: [ -> ]I was talking about the four day weather forecast widget that shows up when you highlight weather.
Like in this picture:

It was working in your gotham skin but now it does not show up at all.

You'll have to wait a little for that one, it's not yet been added & I'm on a break from widgets.

(2015-01-25, 07:12)xDetoursx Wrote: [ -> ]Just installed. Works and looks great. Thanks

I got to ask - tried the lime green font yet? I'm now on "greenyellow" Smile
(2015-01-25, 09:58)Mudislander Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-01-24, 18:13)marson Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the skin Mudislander, its coming on great

Thanks ...

Make sure it's enabled --> SkinSettings --> Script Options --> Supported Addons and Scripts --> Enable Artist Slide Show
Also button below is a shortcut to the settings of ArtistSlideShow you might want to look in there.
I also have problem with artist slide show
It's running on home screen, but that's not what I want, I like it running on music full screen but there is only the cdwall showing

Is that possible, that was my setup in CCM Gotham
Hi

I'm using CCM Helix on both my Mac and on a Raspberry Pi

I have a dedicated folder for guitar backing tracks which I scan to library via Music. I'm not using a scraper
or nfo .... just literally dumping the tracks in the folder

On my Mac somehow the background for this section gets dragged into the recently scanned items (and it also knows it is a Guitar Backing Track ?) - which is great, as below

But on my Pi the guitar backgrounds don't appear. - I just get a black space Would be grateful if anyone could let me know how to fix this

thanks
Yes artist slideshow is turned on , and working in the home screen , but not in full screen