Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: CCM for Helix
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a quick question that is driving me mad. On my main htpc, still gotham CCM, I have several menu items that point to smart playlists for things like a random tv episode or random movie. When selecting these menu items that playlist will automatically play a random episode or movie.

For the life of me I can't seem to find a setting for that on the Helix CCM that are on Raspberry Pi using OpenELEC 5.0 . I'm not even totally sure it is a CCM thing at this point and apologies if is not. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
As I remember there is an option which automatically play smartlist. However I didn't used it.
@flhthemi

I've adjusted the code for mouse behaviour, there is no setting now but is enabled fulltime. on Win7 if you slam your mouse against the edge you still get original Confluence behaviour, but if you click the tab then slide window stays open (Not decided if it's a bug or good idea). Have not done PVR windows. Can you check Android behaviour for me, Cheers.

Also a new "Mad Setting" included - Wont be for everyone, but i'll use it Wink Plus new setting for only MusicViz on Home menu not fanart - which I'll probably not use.

[Edit]

Okay did a small amount of research on Android system, so the approach I used will probably not work. Who can recomend a good skin working on Android that I can have a look at ?
(2015-01-27, 09:50)shess757 Wrote: [ -> ]I have a quick question that is driving me mad. On my main htpc, still gotham CCM, I have several menu items that point to smart playlists for things like a random tv episode or random movie. When selecting these menu items that playlist will automatically play a random episode or movie.

For the life of me I can't seem to find a setting for that on the Helix CCM that are on Raspberry Pi using OpenELEC 5.0 . I'm not even totally sure it is a CCM thing at this point and apologies if is not. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

(2015-01-27, 09:53)Marx1 Wrote: [ -> ]As I remember there is an option which automatically play smartlist. However I didn't used it.

I can't remember, Think there was that option when adding as a favourite if to view or play. I've got nothing to check it on ATM.
(2015-01-27, 10:18)Mudislander Wrote: [ -> ]@flhthemi

I've adjusted the code for mouse behaviour, there is no setting now but is enabled fulltime. on Win7 if you slam your mouse against the edge you still get original Confluence behaviour, but if you click the tab then slide window stays open (Not decided if it's a bug or good idea). Have not done PVR windows. Can you check Android behaviour for me, Cheers.

Also a new "Mad Setting" included - Wont be for everyone, but i'll use it Wink Plus new setting for only MusicViz on Home menu not fanart - which I'll probably not use.

[Edit]

Okay did a small amount of research on Android system, so the approach I used will probably not work. Who can recomend a good skin working on Android that I can have a look at ?

Hey Mudis,

do you have those changes already online? Latest version for me is still 3.0.5.
No not in Repo - Only on Git ATM - Few things need sorting before too many Guys get hold of it.
(2015-01-27, 14:19)Mudislander Wrote: [ -> ]No not in Repo - Only on Git ATM - Few things need sorting before too many Guys get hold of it.

Alright, no hurry ;-) just wondering ....
Stupid question. But would it be possible to have version number and a changelog somewhere in the setting for the skin (or is it one that I have missed?). Perhaps under the reset menu? A quick way to check that I’m running the latest version instead of going all the way to addons blalal Tongue
Not a bad idea. Long time ago I used to detail everything in the changelog as I did it, nowadays I can't be asked and normally just chuck something in there to mark the update.

Anyway will add version number to the reset menu - and the name incase you forget which skin you're in Smile
(2015-01-27, 10:18)Mudislander Wrote: [ -> ]@flhthemi

Just tested on Android (UT2 Ugoos) and Win 7 box. This works great! You nailed it! Works identically on Android and Win7. Really wish I had Helix on my tablet to test it with a touch screen...Oh wait! I can! I have an Asus TF700 doing nothing! I'll install Helix on it and get back to you in a few hours!

BTW: ALL the weather problems seem to have gone away....maybe "drizzle" is the problem..but half the problems were ME.
Cool - I'll tidy up the code then, and been thinking while at work, I need to stop the slide bar from sliding out if you sent the mouse right to the edge because then it act's like default Confluence trying to close all the time.
Just decided to try this out running the latest RC of Kodi under my Amazon Fire TV. It seems to run fine except when I am using the default Confluence skin and navigate on the Home Screen to the Video menu and then look down at the choices of the sub menu I see "Files". Selecting that allows me to navigate the named shared library sources, great for amending shows and films that do not get picked up due to naming issues etc.
When using this skin and select the "Files" sub menu choice I get the same as the "Library" option which shows....

Movies
Tv shows
In Progress TV Shows
Recently added movies
etc
etc
etc
etc
etc
etc

Adding "Video" shows the same and "Library" shows the same.

It is though the option "Files" are not showing the added library sources.
I have not found anything to add as a sub menu item to show that either.

Any help please...?

Tiny thing noted, probably mentioned before.... Where it can display the IP address on the Home Screen above the menu bar, when selected to do so, there is a ] in front of the 192.168.1.200 and so it looks like ]192.168.1.200
(2015-01-27, 19:06)Mudislander Wrote: [ -> ]Cool - I'll tidy up the code then, and been thinking while at work, I need to stop the slide bar from sliding out if you sent the mouse right to the edge because then it act's like default Confluence trying to close all the time.

Installed Helix and CCM for Helix on my Asus and the damn thing actually makes the sidebar work like it should! Touch the tab out it pops, stays out until you finish, touch the tab to put it back! If you change that code it might affect this so keep what you take out for me and I'll add it in to mine on the tablets! I like this skin more and more every time I use it. You may not realize it but of all the skins I have used, and I tried just about all, this is now the only one that makes the damn sidebar work like it should! It's always been a thing where if the sidebar lost focus of a selectable item on it's menu, like moving to a label, it would pop back in. This is now a big plus, IMHO, for this skin!
Chuffed, but don't worry it wont get lost. I can't keep the code separated as it runs over several windows - but I do know how I did it and if a bug creeps in will be able to fix it. It'll be implemented in the next version 3.0.6 and 've got a zip file of each version stored in the Repo.
(2015-01-27, 19:53)Vimes Wrote: [ -> ]Just decided to try this out running the latest RC of Kodi under my Amazon Fire TV. It seems to run fine except when I am using the default Confluence skin and navigate on the Home Screen to the Video menu and then look down at the choices of the sub menu I see "Files". Selecting that allows me to navigate the named shared library sources, great for amending shows and films that do not get picked up due to naming issues etc.
When using this skin and select the "Files" sub menu choice I get the same as the "Library" option which shows....

Movies
Tv shows
In Progress TV Shows
Recently added movies
etc
etc
etc
etc
etc
etc

Adding "Video" shows the same and "Library" shows the same.

It is though the option "Files" are not showing the added library sources.
I have not found anything to add as a sub menu item to show that either.

Any help please...?

Tiny thing noted, probably mentioned before.... Where it can display the IP address on the Home Screen above the menu bar, when selected to do so, there is a ] in front of the 192.168.1.200 and so it looks like ]192.168.1.200

I've just re-checked on initial install of CCM the "library" and "files" option in Videos Submenu have the exact commands of the Videos submenu items in Confluence eg: ActivateWindow(Videos,Files,return) and ActivateWindow(Videos,Root) - Are you sure they're acting differently, on the same machine ?

Don't forget that in Kodi the files option takes you back to where you were last - which maybe the root of your library. I have just reset my install back to defaults and do not have a problem. if I end up in the library, one of the etc. etc you mentioned is "files" or .. to go up a directory.

Good catch on the "]" again I've not got it Smile but that only means I saw and fixed it. Probably came from adding the new font colour option.