Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: CCM for Helix
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Where can we download the version of confluence that works with 7 addons for Kodi on an ATV2?
(2015-01-08, 14:47)Mudislander Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-01-08, 11:09)xbmcwayist Wrote: [ -> ]Looking closely at your latest edition of this skin so far, it is coming along nicely. Thanks for the hard work so far.

I do have a couple things I thought I'd share.

1. Could you add a 'Skin Settings' submenu item under 'System,' and/or in the main menu screen of 'Settings'?
2. Is there supposed to be an 'Enable Kodi Intro Movie' under both 'Skin settings > Scripts Options > Music Physical Folder' and '... > Startup window'?
3. Could you add an Aspect Ratio OSD button? Probably something to ask later.
4. Reading above, seems like you have trouble, but I'm another who'd love 10 submenu options. I use them all, actually. Scrolling's fine.
5. Support for script.extendedinfo would be amazing. But that's probably later: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=160558
6. Thought I'd share a font. It works with non-Latin characters, and if you check out the sizes I tweaked I prefer it over 'Larger Font Size':

http://www.2shared.com/file/pa0sfuPa/Massive.html
http://www.2shared.com/document/Jqhkp9gt/Font.html
http://www.2shared.com/photo/y0E-iduX/Ma...ction.html

7. Finally, if interested in some more backgrounds, here are the ones I use for some of my Main Menu Item Backgrounds:

iSTREAM: http://www.2shared.com/photo/DTmIM-8O/istream.html
KARAOKE: http://www.2shared.com/photo/OVRewM1K/karaoke.html
LIVE TV: http://www.2shared.com/photo/gOHl1xN8/livetv.html
MAPS: http://www.2shared.com/photo/O94JQz9z/maps.html
PLAYLISTS: http://www.2shared.com/photo/t_x-Ab0v/playlists.html
TV: http://www.2shared.com/photo/XM3Tu5Fu/tv_online.html

1. Sure - I actually have a shortcut to skinsettings there on my system. Can put one in as default.
2. No - When I got up this morning and saw the Intro movie I got excited and threw it in Smile Next time I'll check the code !!
3. I presume so if other skins can do it. Will check into it when I get a chance. None of those files have been edited yet.
4. Funny thing - I updated the submenu code a day or 2 ago so that it could take more than 6 items, but thinking about "mouse users" is why I didn't finish it off. I could add scroll buttons on the sides. Any way seems popular request so I'll chuck it in.
5. Support for script.extendedinfo - Okay but when I get to those files
6. At work now so will look at the font when I get home. Tentivly not too fussed over font so will go with what's popular (Unless I deem them horrible)
7.Backgrounds - Getting a few suggestions now, so maybe let a few more comments roll in about what users prefer.

Thanks for checking out my comments.

2. No problem. Oh, and if you didn't notice, I posted a slightly better quality version of that intro movie: http://www.2shared.com/video/GHFdwt10/KO...Video.html.
3. I think the Aspect Ratio OSD Button was first used by me in iSTREAM'S confluence mod before I ran into your CCM. After that, I added it to yours. I added the code in your VideoOSD.xml file and then added my own Aspect Ratio OSD Button image. Not the prettiest, but it works.
4. In CCM for Gotham you have the scroll option for more than 6 and I use it all the time. The 'hidden' 4 are mainly just rarely-used items, but for people I also put XBMC/KODI on, most aren't the greatest at navigating past the home menu. So having all they need on there the better.
5. I've only used script.extendedinfo for a couple weeks now, but it does add a lot. That said, I use only on Nebula skin, and only use that skin on my TV since it is bigger in font and ease on a TV, but the script is handy. I think support on your skin would make it even better.
6. I just thought I'd share the font as I've run into quite a few threads and posts in forums of people having problems with non-Latin characters, such as Asian words and whatnot. So having the option of another font for them built-in would be a plus. I also include a 'Schoolbell' font on mine for some who find crazy handwritten-like font pretty. To each their own.

Overall, great to here you plan to implement some of the things. Look forward to how this skin develops.
Updated git with font from xbmcwayist - I presume you guys know how to change fonts. Will have to make main menu bar a bit wider for each item though, was on the todo list anyway.

Capability for 10 submenu items added ATM you will need a keyboard or remote to get to them, will add scroll tabs soon

@nkgx - I've noticed the main menu initial highlighted problem, there was a bit of code there from Hybrid for a user to change the default highlighted item, but I removed it because it wasn't working and you can change the order of your menu items anyway. As a result the main menu is not defaulting to the correct item, I'm looking at it but begining to suspect Kodi may have a problem with the <defaultcontrol> and <focusposition> tags.
(2015-01-09, 08:40)Mudislander Wrote: [ -> ]Updated git with font from xbmcwayist - I presume you guys know how to change fonts. Will have to make main menu bar a bit wider for each item though, was on the todo list anyway.

Capability for 10 submenu items added ATM you will need a keyboard or remote to get to them, will add scroll tabs soon

@nkgx - I've noticed the main menu initial highlighted problem, there was a bit of code there from Hybrid for a user to change the default highlighted item, but I removed it because it wasn't working and you can change the order of your menu items anyway. As a result the main menu is not defaulting to the correct item, I'm looking at it but begining to suspect Kodi may have a problem with the <defaultcontrol> and <focusposition> tags.

Wow, you are fast.

Thanks for the 10 submenu items. Happy to have them.

Oh, and is Weather going to get the multiple background images based on the current weather conditions like you had in your previous CCM version? I kind of liked that as it was nice when glancing at weather and seeing that there is snow, or it's raining, or whatever. Nothing too important, just noticed there was no weather folder inside the backgrounds folder, just a single image.
(2015-01-09, 12:00)xbmcwayist Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, you are fast.

Thanks for the 10 submenu items. Happy to have them.

Oh, and is Weather going to get the multiple background images based on the current weather conditions like you had in your previous CCM version? I kind of liked that as it was nice when glancing at weather and seeing that there is snow, or it's raining, or whatever. Nothing too important, just noticed there was no weather folder inside the backgrounds folder, just a single image.

The miracle of doing code with cut n paste then search & replace. It's fast until it goes wrong Big Grin

Actually I'd already changed the submenu code but hadn't added the options.

set background for weather to "Live Content" and you'll get current conditions - Another bit of code partially in place.
I would also +1 the possibility to have a switch to controle the size of the widgets (recently added movies for example). like small -> large. or small -> medium -> large.

And I have some Questions comming from CCM-Helix (did not try the new CCM-Kodi, yet):

- Settings from the old CCM will not carry over to the new CCM, right?
- If so, does this also mean that i loose my library? (scraped movies, fan arts, etc) Or do they carry over to the new CCM?
- what i really loved in the old CCM was that nifty script that generates the live backgrounds that looked like you have thrown all your dvd and bluray boxes on the floor Smile. Is this feature in the new CCM, too?

Will give the new CCM a try as soon as it reaches a "3rd party repository ready" status (hey, i am lazy, i love auto/self updates :-) ).

Thanks again for all your hard work! I tried many skins in Helix, most of them are very "complicated" to use/setup und almost bloated. I sticked to CCM because of its simplicity and was really sad as i noticed that it does not work (well) with Kodi. That is also the reason why i still use Helix on my HTPC (although i started converting my x264 material to x265 which requires Kodi to playback...... ) :-).
I've noticed one bug with the background picture settings. On this PC, if I try to change the background picture for the 'Programs' section, nothing happens, but then I notice the picture I tried to use for 'Programs' actually got installed under 'Music' instead, and I'm unable to change the background for 'Programs'.
I noticed the same behavior on another PC, but this time it was 2 different sections (not Programs or Music) which were doing the same thing.

On a related subject, I noticed CCM for Gotham would put you directly in the Backgrounds folder when you wanted to change the background, as long as the original picture was already coming from that same folder, but with the Helix skin, you need to browse your way to the Background folder every time.

One improvement I've seen over the Gotham skin is that when you start to watch an HD video, or something from a very slow server, which always starts out with 'Buffering', the Gotham skin wouldn't display the OSD when moving the mouse around, you had to either use the keyboard or remote in order to hit Play or Stop, or you had to play a few seconds of the video before the OSD would work. So far, the Helix skin doesn't show this behavior and seems to be working as it should.

Thanks again for a great skin.
@Mudislander

Two more images that you can use, if you like.

playdisk:

weather:

So glad your working on this...

In your 1st post, you mentioned being able to raise/lower the main menu. Please include that feature. Can't tell you how many people have asked me, "How'd you lower your main menu?" when they see my setup.

Beside that, the weather widget would be great. Openweathermaps extended works with this skin(all the extended sidebar menu items work). The widget would make the weather section almost perfect.
(2015-01-09, 17:04)Mudislander Wrote: [ -> ]set background for weather to "Live Content" and you'll get current conditions - Another bit of code partially in place.

If I'm correct, the "Live Content" is read from ......\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.ccm.helix-master\extras\Weather\ location
Is it possible to configure storage location as I use different weather fanart pack and don't like the idea of having it inside the skin path
I realize you are building CCM from Confluence as a starting point which is 720p, but it would be killer to see CCM in 1080p. I don't understand why the devs don't make both so each user has the option. Sucks to limit everyone.
(2015-01-09, 17:04)Mudislander Wrote: [ -> ]The miracle of doing code with cut n paste then search & replace. It's fast until it goes wrong Big Grin

Actually I'd already changed the submenu code but hadn't added the options.

set background for weather to "Live Content" and you'll get current conditions - Another bit of code partially in place.

Haha, indeed. Thanks for the suggestions on how to use the weather. I figured it out.

Is there plans to include a way to ensure the particular Main Menu item you want is initially highlighted/focused on at startup? I played with rearranged the Main Menu Items via the 'Move Menu Item' options and wondered if there could be a simple additional option under each Menu Item (blue bubble button option, perhaps) to select a particular one to be the one initially shown/highlighted at KODI boot.
(2015-01-09, 18:45)Ulathar Wrote: [ -> ]I would also +1 the possibility to have a switch to controle the size of the widgets (recently added movies for example). like small -> large. or small -> medium -> large.

And I have some Questions comming from CCM-Helix (did not try the new CCM-Kodi, yet):

- Settings from the old CCM will not carry over to the new CCM, right?
- If so, does this also mean that i loose my library? (scraped movies, fan arts, etc) Or do they carry over to the new CCM?
- what i really loved in the old CCM was that nifty script that generates the live backgrounds that looked like you have thrown all your dvd and bluray boxes on the floor Smile. Is this feature in the new CCM, too?

Will give the new CCM a try as soon as it reaches a "3rd party repository ready" status (hey, i am lazy, i love auto/self updates :-) ).

Thanks again for all your hard work! I tried many skins in Helix, most of them are very "complicated" to use/setup und almost bloated. I sticked to CCM because of its simplicity and was really sad as i noticed that it does not work (well) with Kodi. That is also the reason why i still use Helix on my HTPC (although i started converting my x264 material to x265 which requires Kodi to playback...... ) :-).

Okay will add different size widgets to the todo list, no idea on timescale though.
Skin settings will not carry over eg: Menu items, list views etc. It's like selecting a different skin. Bear in mind the other threads about your library with a Helix upgrade.

The backgrounds were originaly from AeonNox, so I can't take credit for them - but yes they are still being used.

(2015-01-09, 19:24)stonedaze Wrote: [ -> ]I've noticed one bug with the background picture settings. On this PC, if I try to change the background picture for the 'Programs' section, nothing happens, but then I notice the picture I tried to use for 'Programs' actually got installed under 'Music' instead, and I'm unable to change the background for 'Programs'.
I noticed the same behavior on another PC, but this time it was 2 different sections (not Programs or Music) which were doing the same thing.

On a related subject, I noticed CCM for Gotham would put you directly in the Backgrounds folder when you wanted to change the background, as long as the original picture was already coming from that same folder, but with the Helix skin, you need to browse your way to the Background folder every time.

One improvement I've seen over the Gotham skin is that when you start to watch an HD video, or something from a very slow server, which always starts out with 'Buffering', the Gotham skin wouldn't display the OSD when moving the mouse around, you had to either use the keyboard or remote in order to hit Play or Stop, or you had to play a few seconds of the video before the OSD would work. So far, the Helix skin doesn't show this behavior and seems to be working as it should.

Thanks again for a great skin.

Will look into backgrounds - typical search n replace bug Smile

(2015-01-09, 19:43)nkgx Wrote: [ -> ]@Mudislander

Two more images that you can use, if you like.

I like my weather background, will look at the playdisc. But your images are welcome as other guys might prefer them.

(2015-01-09, 19:59)I_Terrabull Wrote: [ -> ]So glad your working on this...

In your 1st post, you mentioned being able to raise/lower the main menu. Please include that feature. Can't tell you how many people have asked me, "How'd you lower your main menu?" when they see my setup.

Beside that, the weather widget would be great. Openweathermaps extended works with this skin(all the extended sidebar menu items work). The widget would make the weather section almost perfect.

Another thing on the to-do list Smile

(2015-01-09, 20:00)T-bird_se Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-01-09, 17:04)Mudislander Wrote: [ -> ]set background for weather to "Live Content" and you'll get current conditions - Another bit of code partially in place.

If I'm correct, the "Live Content" is read from ......\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.ccm.helix-master\extras\Weather\ location
Is it possible to configure storage location as I use different weather fanart pack and don't like the idea of having it inside the skin path

I don't either, will put a setting near the "Centralized Directories" for a different path. I also still have to change the actual weather windows background. Will try get to it today.

(2015-01-09, 20:09)bigbully Wrote: [ -> ]I realize you are building CCM from Confluence as a starting point which is 720p, but it would be killer to see CCM in 1080p. I don't understand why the devs don't make both so each user has the option. Sucks to limit everyone.

Actually a lot of work to convert to 1080p and you don't have the option to choose - it's one or the other and my projector is 720

(2015-01-10, 02:32)xbmcwayist Wrote: [ -> ]Is there plans to include a way to ensure the particular Main Menu item you want is initially highlighted/focused on at startup? I played with rearranged the Main Menu Items via the 'Move Menu Item' options and wondered if there could be a simple additional option under each Menu Item (blue bubble button option, perhaps) to select a particular one to be the one initially shown/highlighted at KODI boot.

There was plans, but code didn't work as planned and actually was responsble for the mouse issue in "General Settings" so has been scrapped.
(2015-01-10, 09:49)Mudislander Wrote: [ -> ]There was plans, but code didn't work as planned and actually was responsble for the mouse issue in "General Settings" so has been scrapped.

No problem. By chance do you happen to know which xml file inside the 720p folder houses the code to change which Main Menu item is focused at first startup?

In either a past version of yours skin or another one I tweaked, I recall simply changing the default Main Menu Item #3 to whatever I wanted so it is the focused one. I think it is that simple to do by hand for me without the need of an actual Skin Settings option. I just do not remember which xml file I did this to. Hehe.
How can i change the default start up so the start screen starts at video and not pictures?