Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: CCM for Helix
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I take it you're an "Aussie" wanting G, PG and M ?
Close enough to being one anyway Big Grin It's one of the small things that I liked in CCM - Gotham that I hope eventually turns up in CCM - Helix
(2015-02-24, 16:38)Mudislander Wrote: [ -> ]I'm quite willing to bring across the old CCM features to the Helix version, but only if someone wants them and of course that we can line them up with Confluence eg: the floor buttons are from Confluence, just work differently - so no probs there.

I was under the impression CCM-Helix was going to be exactly like CCM-Gotham and that most of the requests were for what order you should code them back in Big Grin, I think that the amount of interest the thread got points to CCM-Gotham being not far from perfect. The addition of universals icons brought it just that bit closer to perfection too, also the support of clearart in certain views!

My dream skin consists of very little, its basically confluence style with lowered home bar, random movie and episode widgets with live dvd views and lowlist and banner movie tv show views, The jump to visualisation on music play along with party mode etc was great too. The only skin i found with these things and still felt lightning quick was CCM, some other skins just feel like they have a really slight delay when doing things even on a really powerful system, its hard to explain its kinda like sponge Tongue Maybe i should stop using a mouse!

I think what im trying to say is i got hooked on your original modification and im finding it hard to let go Tongue Im sure whatever you do with the skins will be cool and i look forward to trying them all out! Im currently playing around with aeon nox 5 which is keeping me good while trying out your updates.

all of your work is appreciated 100% and i only wish i had some skinning skills to knock something up half as good as your skins.

Even adding just randomandlast script to default confluence would probably be enough for me lol

Thanks!
That's the problem with CCM - How far do you go, some guys just want a few tweaks while others want all the bells and whistles. The answer is not just to put in a setting turning something on or off as usually the code is still being run in the background slowing everything down. One thing I have noticed - as soon as you remove the "Confluence" bit out of the name - popularity sinks like a stone.
(2015-02-25, 21:22)ash323i Wrote: [ -> ]Close enough to being one anyway Big Grin It's one of the small things that I liked in CCM - Gotham that I hope eventually turns up in CCM - Helix

Next update, we'll try for the weekend again.
(2015-02-25, 10:22)ash323i Wrote: [ -> ]Still looking very nice Mudislander! Any chance of certification ratings (G, PG, M etc) for Movies being added soon?

I'd also like to be able to breakdown my TV collection into seasons for various shows, eg 'Star Trek' ->'Season 1 -> ep1, ep2,' etc is this possible? It would make browsing through my collection a lot easier!

If it is can someone point me in the direction of how to do it please?

You'll have to explain a bit further on the breaking it down into seasons bit. I take it your TVShows are in the library and already have "Season1" ,2 etc.
Playlists are great for only showing certain stuff and can be added onto the menu.
(2015-02-25, 00:35)dunkle Wrote: [ -> ]Well its a toss up between CCM and Hybrid for me, I think Hybrid just about pips it, but this time tomorrow that will change im sure Wink
both are brilliant and the effort you put in appreciated, rest assured, once my paypal balance is back up from some sales on ebay, ill be donating, its least I can do

I do have one question if I may, and its possibly not even skin related other than im trying to add, using favorites, my own menus

Under movies I have managed, using favs and playlists, to add a menu called "random" which when selected will just play 1 of my films in the library

However im trying to do something similar for TV and combine it with suggested episodes

Suggested episodes list the next episode I have to watch of each show I have in progress (currently 12 shows)
What id like is to be able to create a "random suggested" option, that id select, like my random movie, which would just play the next episode of a random show in progress

Is this possible ? and how ?

Off the top of my head - All I can think of is a playlist with random sort pointing at "In Progress TVShows" - you'd have to hide watched stuff.
When I get a chance to get onto my own system, I'll play around and see what options there are.
(2015-02-03, 11:49)salusoft Wrote: [ -> ]Image

Like this mate (from post#648). I'm not to worried about the " * All Seasons" thing.

I'm sure I had mine set up like this not long after I started using XBMC / Kodi, but I can't for the life of me remember how I got it going.
MediaInfo3 view + set "Use Wide Banners" in side menu Wink
I'm getting a "script error Universal add-on toolkit" when I restart 14.1, It doesn't happen on 14.2. Do I need it or can I disable it?
Hello, I have been looking for a skin that I could easily customize for blind folks. Used to be Quartz, But unfortunately that no longer works very well.

CCM Helix seems to fit many of my needs. While I am not asking this to be done, I'm asking would it be possible or difficult to make the Sub menus on the main menu vertically aligned as opposed to how they show up no, being horizontal, So that left and right for main menu items then up and down takes does the sub menu items? It kinda gives it a flow for us. Figured I'd ask before I try it just to find out its not possible. Smile

Also I notice Search on home screen doesn't work, I can highlight it, but can't input anything.

One last thing, Is it possible to get rid of the favorites icon on the home screen, seems pointless since I can just add favorites to a home menu item.
In CCM to change the submenus as you suggest would be a major rewrite of the home screen, which would include the problems that the submenu would have to work with raised or lowered menu, media playing or not, large, small or no widgets. So sorry but I wont be doing that - You're welcome to submit a patch for me to look at. Alternatively would Convergence not suit you better with a vertical menu system ?

Global Search working for me, Anyone else with a problem here ?

Is it not pointless putting favourites on the menu when there is a button Big Grin Seriously been through the button debate and I've got ideas for the button
(2015-02-27, 00:45)wpbpete Wrote: [ -> ]I'm getting a "script error Universal add-on toolkit" when I restart 14.1, It doesn't happen on 14.2. Do I need it or can I disable it?

Not mine or called by CCM. But there are certain addons that use it, can't think of which ones right now.
(2015-02-26, 15:00)Mudislander Wrote: [ -> ]MediaInfo3 view + set "Use Wide Banners" in side menu Wink

Well that worked for the individual TV shows (knew it would be something simple that I overlooked! Big Grin), but the seasons are all still grouped as one big list of all the seasons mashed together. What I'm after is:

TV SHOW
- TV SHOW Season one (Wide Banner)
-Ep1
-Ep2
-Ep3
- TV SHOW Season two (Wide Banner)
-Ep1
-Ep2
-Ep3

with each season having it's own 'Wide Banner'

rather than my current:

TV SHOW