Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [AirPlay][Warning] Don't update to iOS9 if you want AirPlay to Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
feedback welcome on the new FAQ entry: http://kodi.wiki/view/Kodi_v16_(Jarvis)_FAQ#AirPlay

I'll add it to the various other FAQs as well (peeing in the wind.. ;) )
Ok. Where can I find Airplay - Is it an add-on that I can add from Repository?

I am on ATV 1 with OSMC Release Jan 2016

(2016-01-16, 14:41)Limcard Wrote: [ -> ]For sure we understand, its more difficault to keep airplay working because apple want to keep it for their devices only.

But musicbox is able to release airplay without problems for music only. This shows its still possible. Also other NON-Apple devices support airplay and airplay mirroring, but they are not free.

Anyway its understandable kodi has other priorities. And maybe the effort to keep airplay working is not worth it, since it will be more difficault by iOS updates.

For me its useless to buy an apple tv just for airplay. I didnt use mirroring alot, its still very useful. The only thing i cant miss is airplay music.

(2016-01-30, 12:29)gschmidt Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I am using Volumio version1.55 as an audio player on a spare Raspberry Pi model B.
The Airplay service on this device is working like a charm.

What I find strange is that version 1.55 is released on February 2015 and in between there was a change from iOS8 to 9.
And Airplay (Audio) is still working...how did they manage that? I don't even get a sound from Openelec 6.0.1/Kodi 15.2

(2016-02-08, 19:37)spookybathtub Wrote: [ -> ]I just updated from 15.2 to 16.0 RC3, and was delighted to find working Airplay audio with metadata and thumbnails using iOS 9.2.1!

(2016-02-13, 11:07)juu-zo Wrote: [ -> ]I think something has happened in jarvis rc3. Earlier with rc2 my iphone couldn't even connect to my osmc device but after the rc3 update my iphone connects now well. And I'm usin ios 9.3 beta 3. With that ios I still can't hear any sound but ios sends sound to airplay device. So maybe the handshake is no ok and needs just little bit tweaking to get the sound.

(2016-02-20, 09:58)juu-zo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-13, 18:36)Memphiz Wrote: [ -> ]We still didn't do anything ... i have no idea what osmc diddles around - but official team kodi didn't touch airplay since month ... (and in case you still didn't read it - for having audio support on ios9 clients you need to switch off video and picture airplay support in kodi in settings->services->airplay).

Ok, I still couldn't find any settings where I can disable video and picture airplay. Under airplay settings there is only enable airplay, allow volume control and use password protection tabs.

(2016-02-20, 10:58)Memphiz Wrote: [ -> ]sounds like a too old version of kodi then? (or expert level is not selected at the lower left of the settings screen)
I never tried Airplay before but thought I would try it but when I tried downloading an app a few weeks ago it said I couldnt as OS was too old so I had to update, is there any info on when something might work ?

I did try updating to latest stable build to no avail.
the only thing that works with ios9 clients is audio playback - videos and pictures will only work with ios8 clients and older. Thats how it will end i think.
Anyone got this working with Ios9.2.1 and Kodi 16.0 RC5 or 16.1 ?
It used to work with previous ios versions lately it won't. My 2 apple devices do noe even recognize my kodi installations like they did before.
If anyone got aitplay working with Iod 9.2.1 plz let me know, then this would mean my systems somehow f*cked up.
Or did apple change something in airplay lately to make it completely unusable? Any idea how to debug/track the problem?
Firewalls are all switched of.

thanks

Killerloop
we have release a addon to implement all the features(included airplay and airplay mirroring for ios6/7/8/9).

xindawn dev
(2016-03-23, 11:31)lijunice0823 Wrote: [ -> ]we have release a addon to implement all the features(included airplay and airplay mirroring for ios6/7/8/9).

xindawn dev

No one is really interested in a closed source option, though. There's tons of closed source options for almost all of the major platforms that work with Kodi (or at least, work along side Kodi).
If it is possible by addon, why not implement it in real system?
(2016-03-23, 11:49)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-23, 11:31)lijunice0823 Wrote: [ -> ]we have release a addon to implement all the features(included airplay and airplay mirroring for ios6/7/8/9).

xindawn dev

No one is really interested in a closed source option, though. There's tons of closed source options for almost all of the major platforms that work with Kodi (or at least, work along side Kodi).

For some reason, we are unable to make open source software at present。details of the airplay/airplay mirroring protocol can only be open to Apple Inc.
(2016-03-23, 12:06)lijunice0823 Wrote: [ -> ]

xindawn dev

For some reason, we are unable to make open source software at present。details of the airplay/airplay mirroring protocol can only be open to Apple Inc.

We don't care. Don't come here promoting your closed source/paid app.
(2016-03-23, 12:06)lijunice0823 Wrote: [ -> ]

xindawn dev

That's really interesting! Normal people don't care about wether it is open source or not, what normal people care about is to know wether it is good / it works well or not and wether it is free / cheap / expensive.

But what open sourcing do is to bring confidence to your product. So the question is: how can we trust your plugin? For example how can we know that it will not be used to steal login / password or that it will not be used to transform our Raspberry in a zombie PC that will be used to perform some system hacking?

Finally, why don't you partially make it open source?
he contacted me privatly already and i made our point clear already... partially is also a nogo - we are gpl...
(2016-03-23, 18:10)Memphiz Wrote: [ -> ]he contacted me privatly already and i made our point clear already... partially is also a nogo - we are gpl...

I was not talking about integrating their add-on to Kodi. I know that if it is not open source it's "no go".

But I may be interested in their add-in, and I'm probably not the only one, if:
- he can prove the add-in is safe, and not some kind of malware
- he explains why it is not partially open source (coz I can understand some parts can't be)
If he is able to get airplay mirroring running, why other developers are not able to?
Well thats a good (and sort of naiv) question... maybe because he works full time on it and gets payed for doing so? mhhh maybe not ...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17