• 9(current)
v17 Horizon - Krypton
(2017-07-08, 20:56)Hinkel Wrote: @jurialmunkey.
Congratulations, awesome skin.
May you add infoview 2 for video section (youtube), please?
Thanks in advance.

,You'll probably need to describe the view unless you can find a screen shot for it online to post....
(2017-07-08, 20:59)mystik Wrote:
Thanks in advance.

,You'll probably need to describe the view unless you can find a screen shot for it online to post....

The same added in 1.0.7.
Add infolist 2
"infolist" not "infoview", sorry.
So I'm working on a movie/music genre icon pack. For now i'v covered movies only. If you guys wanna test it, let me know if you like the style. Kinda hard to find free, modern looking icons, so some might no fit with the genre 100%.
PM me suggestions for new custom genres/icons or any input you feel like would help.
Place the file in this path:

run > %APPDATA% > Kodi > addons > resource.images.moviegenreicons.transparent > resources. Replace the file (MAKE A BACKUP OF IT FIRST)

Textures.bxt
(2017-07-08, 21:07)Hinkel Wrote:
(2017-07-08, 20:59)mystik Wrote:
Thanks in advance.

The same added in 1.0.7.
Add infolist 2
"infolist" not "infoview", sorry.
The Landscape view would work the best. That's what you and @komplex are looking for, I think!
Just installed the skin, few things id liek to see implemented

1 - Clearart or logo on views. looks good as it is with poster and a landscape image but i think it would look even better with movie or tv show logo instead of text.

2 - Is there a way of changing the background or making it lighter? I put my own backgrounds in when i set menu up but i can hardly see them. Id liek the background to match the white colour of the menu bars, as an option. Or maybe a way for us to chnage transparancy of the overlay

3 - Having categories for submenu, the text box seems to thick and it wastes space.

4 - more widget views. Whats view is this set for for the widgets? poster view? it gets cropped off with the text box over the top. Maybe have landscape, square view for widgets liek with Titan skin.

Just a few idea, they may already be implemented....ive only spent and hour or so with this skin but thats what ive notced so far.

ta for the work
(2017-07-09, 01:12)mattyspurs76 Wrote: 4 - more widget views. Whats view is this set for for the widgets? poster view? it gets cropped off with the text box over the top. Maybe have landscape, square view for widgets liek with Titan skin.

Select the little icon to the right of the configure for the widget (looks like maybe a picture icon). You can toggle through some views.
(2017-07-08, 16:15)sciascia88 Wrote: Feature request: Option to have one widget populate more than one row.
Thanks for your hard work, this skin is easily the new default on my machine.
Thanks.
As much as I think this would be a great feature, I think its going to be too hard to implement unfortunately. If I think of a way to do it with out it being really complicated I will definitely implement it, but it will have to be tabled for now.

(2017-07-08, 16:35)mystik Wrote: When i changed some sub menu icons, the whole main area still goes black and Kodi locks up. Hate to bring that news. :/
Hmmm this is strange. I haven't encountered anything like this. Might need a debug log of when it happens and maybe a screenshot. You can PM me the log if you don't want to share it on the forums.

(2017-07-08, 18:27)mystik Wrote: I really like the new view. Thank you for the great work!

In the plot area, it looks like there's just enough room to expand out to one more line in the space available. Of course, it would only go there if needed by the text length. Can I talk you into opening it up for one more line? I have tested a couple dozen episodes, and if we have that line, the text will all fit for them all.

On one other small note, would you consider an option to put the date up on the row with the time, and then add the weather condition text over with the temp (Mostly Cloudy, Sunny, Light Rain, Rain, Thunderstorms, etc.)?

Lastly, on the skin options, I see settings for the weather icons. How do you actually utilize those?

Thanks again. Awesome going!
Yeah I already tried with an extra line in the plot, but its really really close to the list (practically touching it) -- so it needs to be the way it is currently

Date is too big for topline, but I've added the weather conditions next to the temp.

Weather icons are for the weather widget (can only be first widget as it is a fullscreen widget) or the weather screen (in the shortcut selection screen its Common > Weather)

(2017-07-08, 18:42)komplex Wrote: Would it be possible to add another view for Twitch (well i guess all addons) similar to infolist2 or some other landscape view, at the minute browsing Twitch looks awful with only list
Done. Video addons like twitch and youtube was why I made that view. It was specifically made for Container.Content(episodes) and Container.Content(videos) and I forgot to add the videos condition! Rolleyes

May you add infolist 2 for video section (youtube), please?
Thanks in advance.
Done.

(2017-07-09, 01:12)mattyspurs76 Wrote: Just installed the skin, few things id liek to see implemented

1 - Clearart or logo on views. looks good as it is with poster and a landscape image but i think it would look even better with movie or tv show logo instead of text.

2 - Is there a way of changing the background or making it lighter? I put my own backgrounds in when i set menu up but i can hardly see them. Id liek the background to match the white colour of the menu bars, as an option. Or maybe a way for us to chnage transparancy of the overlay

3 - Having categories for submenu, the text box seems to thick and it wastes space.

4 - more widget views. Whats view is this set for for the widgets? poster view? it gets cropped off with the text box over the top. Maybe have landscape, square view for widgets liek with Titan skin.

Just a few idea, they may already be implemented....ive only spent and hour or so with this skin but thats what ive notced so far.
Yep most of these were already implemented.
1. Logo shows in showcase views if no discart is available (shows in same spot, top right).
2. I explained how to change transparency in this post:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2612990
3. Disable "Use large icons for categories widget" in Skin Settings > Home
4. Already exists. Click the little picture icon in the widget selection box next to the configuration spanner.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Jurialmunkey,

Couple of questions:

why is studio white a dependency needed? no studio icons are shown

I read in one of the threads that you had interest in the blur option that colorbox or toolbox provides, but I don't think you have this implemented in any of your skins. Not sure how it would fit in horizon or fuse.
(2017-07-09, 03:45)Edworld Wrote: Jurialmunkey,

Couple of questions:

why is studio white a dependency needed? no studio icons are shown

I read in one of the threads that you had interest in the blur option that colorbox or toolbox provides, but I don't think you have this implemented in any of your skins. Not sure how it would fit in horizon or fuse.

Studio icons are used for studios widget or studios section of library

Yeah, colorbox would be good to use the blur, but I've never been able to get it to work effectively and consistently across the whole skin (and only having some fanart blurred and not others is really strange) -- in particular I don't know how to get it to play nicely with Skin Helper and I would rather use the things that skinhelper provides than have blur. Really what I want is gaussian blur built into the skinning engine! (as well as desaturate). Plus the settings of the colorbox addon keep getting changed and I'm really confused about how to get the new version to work properly -- there isn't a readme and I haven't really been able to wrap my head around how it works.
jurialmunkey,

tvshows showing same ratings regardless of show with the exception of imdb
(2017-07-09, 04:37)Edworld Wrote: jurialmunkey,

tvshows showing same ratings regardless of show with the exception of imdb

If its rottentomatoes/metacritic etc., then its something to do with skin helper.
(2017-07-09, 03:19)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2017-07-08, 16:35)mystik Wrote: When i changed some sub menu icons, the whole main area still goes black and Kodi locks up. Hate to bring that news. :/
Hmmm this is strange. I haven't encountered anything like this. Might need a debug log of when it happens and maybe a screenshot. You can PM me the log if you don't want to share it on the forums.

Next time I run into it, I will do that.

(2017-07-09, 03:19)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2017-07-08, 18:27)mystik Wrote: I really like the new view. Thank you for the great work!

In the plot area, it looks like there's just enough room to expand out to one more line in the space available. Of course, it would only go there if needed by the text length. Can I talk you into opening it up for one more line? I have tested a couple dozen episodes, and if we have that line, the text will all fit for them all.

On one other small note, would you consider an option to put the date up on the row with the time, and then add the weather condition text over with the temp (Mostly Cloudy, Sunny, Light Rain, Rain, Thunderstorms, etc.)?

Lastly, on the skin options, I see settings for the weather icons. How do you actually utilize those?

Thanks again. Awesome going!
Yeah I already tried with an extra line in the plot, but its really really close to the list (practically touching it) -- so it needs to be the way it is currently

Date is too big for topline, but I've added the weather conditions next to the temp.

Weather icons are for the weather widget (can only be first widget as it is a fullscreen widget) or the weather screen (in the shortcut selection screen its Common > Weather)

Darn about the additional line. I know it seems like a trivial thing, and luckily, it's less of an issue now that more room is available, but still...it would save time when it does come up. I will send you a PM with a thought on it shortly.

Great about the weather conditions. Thanks.

Ah, gotcha on weather icons. I never really used that until now. I put it in there for the time being. May keep it! Smile

Now that we have a larger plot field available, I am noticing something. This may not be with the skin at all. Perhaps it's with the addon...or maybe even the info source (I don't know), but I thought I would run it by you just to be sure. What I have noticed is with movies, the plot is cut off way before the room available (with the ... as if it ran out of room). It seems this does not happen with TV shows/episodes. Is this from the skin side of things, the addon side, or somewhere else?

This is probably already on your to-do list, but just to be sure.. The widgets need some attention. The ability to remove properly (I know you can set to blank/none, and then nothing will show there, but having blanks in the middle of other items is quite odd), rename without re-assigning the widget also, and move up/down would be good there.

When the video is paused, the text at the bottom of the screen is very small. I saw somewhere in the settings where it said something like "enable this if you need glasses to see this text". I don't have that in front of me at the moment, but I don't think that's what it was about. Is there an easy way to make that a bit bigger without causing an issue with text in other places? (I certainly wouldn't want to make the text bigger for the plot and decrease the benefit I've been trying to get, ha, and I know there are space issues in other areas too).

Thanks!
Hi jurialmunkey, I've just installed your new skin and I have to say is really great, thanks for your dedication.
I'm trying to add new items in the main menu using the Customize Main Menu dialog, but I can't see the way to add more items, I only be able to modify the current ones. There is no the + simbol anywhere in this dialog, or at least I can't find it.

Please tell me if you need and screenshot for that.

Thanks
(2017-07-09, 12:55)ferent Wrote: Hi jurialmunkey, I've just installed your new skin and I have to say is really great, thanks for your dedication.
I'm trying to add new items in the main menu using the Customize Main Menu dialog, but I can't see the way to add more items, I only be able to modify the current ones. There is no the + simbol anywhere in this dialog, or at least I can't find it.

Thanks

If I understand correctly, you are looking for this. Just hit the + icon and it should add a new item for the menu.

(2017-07-09, 13:40)Swageroni_ Wrote:
(2017-07-09, 12:55)ferent Wrote: Hi jurialmunkey, I've just installed your new skin and I have to say is really great, thanks for your dedication.

Thanks

If I understand correctly, you are looking for this. Just hit the + icon and it should add a new item for the menu.

I can see this icon just for less than a second and it disappear. I'm using Leia and I replaced the DialogAddonSetting.xml file, maybe kodi is loading the Cache but I've deleted the /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/skin.horizon/ folder and installed the skin again, and no luck.

Now I'm downloading the last Librelec Testbuild version, and I will try if is a problem related to that.

Thanks for your help.

http://imgur.com/a/zo8Ot
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Horizon - Krypton13