Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Lyrebird MOD 0.9.9 (UPDATE: 2019-09-09)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
(2019-02-18, 17:13)rdyott Wrote: [ -> ]Ok. so my request/bug is the way you have the views coded.

You have "arcade" as the view. then it has options to tweak that view. the problem is then. Arcade is the VIEW. so the sub directors are locked to the options set.. as in you have top folder (systems) set up with 1 set of options. then the sub folder "nintendo" for example is LOCKED to those previous "arcade" options.. you can not have your "systems" fold options set one way. and then the sub folder set up another way.

follow what im trying to say? i can show Screenshots if you need

I know what you're saying. But you needn't fear. Arcade is a prototype. Because soon enough there will be another 4 arcade views which can be used so you can have 5 different setups. Only the one exists now because I haven't finalized how the options will be handled (as you can see right now, its just an ugly list).
I really don't know how to upload a image on hear ,but it's basically the icons that appear at bottom when your scrolling through movies..there's white icons at the bottom
(2019-02-19, 00:13)Rufoo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-02-18, 17:13)rdyott Wrote: [ -> ]Ok. so my request/bug is the way you have the views coded.

You have "arcade" as the view. then it has options to tweak that view. the problem is then. Arcade is the VIEW. so the sub directors are locked to the options set.. as in you have top folder (systems) set up with 1 set of options. then the sub folder "nintendo" for example is LOCKED to those previous "arcade" options.. you can not have your "systems" fold options set one way. and then the sub folder set up another way.

follow what im trying to say? i can show Screenshots if you need

I know what you're saying. But you needn't fear. Arcade is a prototype. Because soon enough there will be another 4 arcade views which can be used so you can have 5 different setups. Only the one exists now because I haven't finalized how the options will be handled (as you can see right now, its just an ugly list). 
Word.

Also. i have an old version of AEL... i needa upgrade i know.. so i assume the new AEL's meta info and such and scrapes are the images? cause right now.. my older version wont show logo or whatever it is. thats not poster or fanart.

Also.. for movies and TV shows. and games.. if you havent. please ultize the "landscape" tag. its great (16x9)
(2019-02-20, 03:14)rdyott Wrote: [ -> ]Word.

Also. i have an old version of AEL... i needa upgrade i know.. so i assume the new AEL's meta info and such and scrapes are the images? cause right now.. my older version wont show logo or whatever it is. thats not poster or fanart.

Also.. for movies and TV shows. and games.. if you havent. please ultize the "landscape" tag. its great (16x9) 

I don't know about the scrapers in that sense as I actually don't use them. All my artwork and metadata is stored offline 'cause I find scrapers tend to be a mixed bag (bad choices of fanart, low resolutions, rampant spelling mistakes in metadata, or just sometimes metadata / plot info that seems completely made up - reads like fan fiction or a poor review).

Using the landscape resource in games will be useless (from an AEL standpoint as it doesn't use that asset) but I don't know if the RetroPlayer component of Kodi utilizes it. The views I'm adding to Lyrebird will first appear in games and media variants will follow once things like all the style templates and options are sorted. Roadmap - Bring in more views > Adjust existing views and replace the header skin wide / Mimic bugfixes > tighten up and finalize all the new views > release on Kodi repo.
understood.

For this skin to really take off. Media (tv, movies, music) need to be just as important as gaming. Kodi at its core is for media. and gaming is 2nd.

dont get me wrong. love your skin.
(2019-02-20, 16:02)rdyott Wrote: [ -> ]understood.

For this skin to really take off. Media (tv, movies, music) need to be just as important as gaming. Kodi at its core is for media. and gaming is 2nd.

dont get me wrong. love your skin.
 Hehe! No offense taken and any criticism is welcome.

Mimic already has plenty of great media views within it. I'll simply be adding Cirrus views in and yes, there will be media views. But new view designs will always have their origins in Games as I admittedly don't and never really have used the media sections of Kodi that much. To be blunt anyway, I'm just doing this for kicks and to keep Cirrus / Mimic alive for at least another generation of Kodi. Apart from fixing flaws in the code and maybe tweaking things based on suggestions in the forum, I simply do this for me and share the result.

My Kodibox is just a "super console" per se. Speaking of, next major update will be mid next month. Only because Yakuza Kiwami just hit PC and that is demanding my attention. Wink

@rdyott 

I guess I took what you said to heart. Will be in the next release. Smile
(2019-02-22, 15:33)Rufoo Wrote: [ -> ]@rdyott 

I guess I took what you said to heart. Will be in the next release. Smile
<3
Hi mate, thanks for your work on this awesome skin
just one tweak i'd like to make is to get rid of the horizontal transparent overlay that spans the top, i've included a screenshot:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AkvHoCSqlSXGiqlzX66QXKWtbn6eVQ

Any chance you could tell me which file and line to edit to get 100% transparency?

Thanks again
Welcome, mate. Smile

When 1.0 drops there will be options for clear headers as this was a Cirrus thing which I quite liked. But for now...

Edit Includes_Lyrebird.xml and you can just delete the first image control for it to never appear.

xml:
             <control type="image">
            <left>0</left>
            <top>0</top>
            <width>1920</width>
            <height>80</height>
            <colordiffuse>99000000</colordiffuse>
            <texture>menu_fo.png</texture>
            <aspectratio>stretch</aspectratio>
        </control>
That's the bad boy you're looking for. But that's for Lyrebird views. For normal Mimic views... edit includes.xml and search for Topbar and delete the following controls...

xml:
            <control type="image">
                <visible>[Control.IsVisible(59) | Control.IsVisible(501)] + !$EXP[isInfoDialog]</visible>
                <width>FullScreenWidth</width>
                <height>120</height>
                <texture>background.png</texture>
                <colordiffuse>background</colordiffuse>
            </control>
            <control type="image">
                <width>FullScreenWidth</width>
                <height>120</height>
                <texture>menu_fo.png</texture>
                <colordiffuse>33000000</colordiffuse>
            </control>
awesome thank you very much for that
my approach was to change the overlay image to full transparency; not sure if thats the best way though it did the trick
Thanks again for your help
One last view will be joining Lyrebird before the final run to bring everything together for a first version. Varia (Variable Wall) from my old SexyCirrus project joins the collection. This view will allow a huge range of presentation options from the simple to the outright decadent, covering all major box shapes for gaming / consoles, a couple of neat tricks like being able to have cross region boxes (ex: Super Nintendo / Super Famicom) sit side by side, and a few surprises which I won't spoil. Plus there will be a video variant for all those Movies, TV Shows, and Collections. Smile

Here's a peek.

Hey Rufoo, ben following your work for a while, and I'm very impressed. I'm actually building a next-gen browser based gaming service, and I'd like to utilize your skins for the GUI. If you're interested in hearing more and collaborating together, here's a link to our Discord: https://discord.gg/bCbjNh
(2019-03-04, 19:10)astlouis44 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Rufoo, ben following your work for a while, and I'm very impressed. I'm actually building a next-gen browser based gaming service, and I'd like to utilize your skins for the GUI. If you're interested in hearing more and collaborating together, here's a link to our Discord: https://discord.gg/bCbjNh

Thanks, mate. Always nice to hear. Smile

I wouldn't really have an issue with you using Lyrebird as some basis for a creative endeavor as long as credit is given where credit is due. It sounds like an interesting project despite not being really sure what it is. Tongue However, while I'm certainly not an old man I'm at an age where free time is a limited resource and only get so much of it, so I can't really offer to dedicate myself to another project. But I am happy to assist where I can from here. If you have any questions or want to know anything about the game views of Lyrebird, or simply want to discuss how Lyrebird will aid your project, feel free to PM me.
Hey Rufoo so just following up about DigiPlay, the browser-based gaming service I'm developing. I was wondering if you could help me make a forked native version of Kodi that launches from the splash screen straight to the games launcher. We'll be adding our custom thumbnails for our games, as well as our logo. There's also an old Citris skin I really liked, that maybe you could do a redesign for in Lyrebird. Then once it's built, we'll port it over to the web using wasm/WebGL to act as our games GUI. We're on a mission to bring a new era of games to the web, which will be showcased by this revolutionary new GUI (thanks to your work!)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16