Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Lyrebird MOD 0.9.9 (UPDATE: 2019-09-09)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Hey Rufoo

I've just had a chance to install the newest version of Lyrebird on one of my Kodi setups to test before putting it on all of them. I've got a few comments Smile

Initial impressions:
-- Like the new Top Bar Smile
-- Arcade mode for Movies looks nice. I don't have Games setup just yet (working on it), so I can't comment there.

Noticed bugs:
-- No Temperature on Home Screen, but temperature appears on Movies/TVShows/etc.
-- "Hide Star Rating" seems to have no effect for Movies.
-- Top Bar hasn't changed for views other than Movies/TVShows/Games. I'm going to assume you're working on that Smile

Suggestions for the future:
-- For Movies/TVShows maybe have option for clearlogo to be in a corner of the fanart in Arcade view?
-- Movie title could be slightly bigger fontsize, and Year/Genre same fontsize as Plot Outline?

Other comments:
-- Haven't added in my suggested additions for Australian ratings images... LOL! Smile

Thanks for the updated skin, and I look forward to version 0.9.0 and beyond!

~Jondar
@Jondar 

Your feedback is most welcomed, mate. Smile

I'll respond in the same form you wrote to make it easier.

Initial Impressions:
-- Good! Glad you like it!
-- Get on that! The video side of the view is merely a 'bonus' per se. Games is where the magic happens. Smile

Noticed bugs:
-- The temperature stuff is one of the behaviors I have to fix. That'll be in 0.9.0.
-- Whoops! That's my bad. I'll fix up the Hide Star Rating option in media.
-- Correct. I haven't adjusted it for Music and other areas as of yet. You assume correctly. Smile

Suggestions for the future:
-- Can do, I had views I made similar to that, in fact, I kinda already had that in earlier but removed it. I'll add it back as an option for the clearlogos.
-- Hmmm... I'll look into this one a bit more. See if I can play with the measurements a bit.

Other comments:
-- Indeed! Coming in 0.9.0. Mostly wanted to get a playtest of Arcade out. Your Aussie ratings contribution will be there shortly.

As always, you're welcome and appreciate you taking the time out to post your thoughts.
Noticed when scrolling fast through games on arcade veiw, the boxes change back to default,also is there any way to make the platform screen in all look Abit like hyperspin,with logos as platform names,as I'm trying to set up a gaming build, and coming close using the arcade veiw
(2019-04-12, 03:57)kpop Wrote: [ -> ]Noticed when scrolling fast through games on arcade veiw, the boxes change back to default,also is there any way to make the platform screen in all look Abit like hyperspin,with logos as platform names,as I'm trying to set up a gaming build, and coming close using the arcade veiw

@kpop 

Thanks for the feedback, mate. In order to narrow down your issue, I'll need to ask some questions.

1. This scrolling issue you mention where the shape changes back to default. I can't say I've experienced this. I tested rushing through using the right trigger on my Xbox 360 Controller. Any more specifics you can add to help me replicate the issue?
 - Is this in the video areas or the game areas?
 - Is the launcher your using have the system flag specified and is it one of the supported systems I listed? Do you experience this in some launchers and not others?
 - Is it a launcher which contains ROMs for different systems mixed together? Like if you had something with all the Castlevania games listed for example, as they span multiple systems?

2. I'm not familiar with HyperSpin and never bothered to use it. If you want to post a picture or link an image to get an idea of what you'd like, I'd work on something. I do intend to have views specifically for the purposes of presenting all the launchers in a neat way.

If you can post screenshots of where you are experiencing issues, it would help a lot more as well.

EDIT: Are you referring to the icon image? As in, the images stop appearing and a default skin icon appears?
I'm new to Kodi and I loved how your menu is looking, but I can't get it to look like it.
Any helps? Here's what mine is looking like right now

ImageImagehttps://drive.google.com/file/d/1vD-_nZ8...sp=sharing
@naja 

All good. Everybody starts somewhere. Smile

You said "I can't get it to look like it". You'll need to elaborate on that for me. Look like what? I see the image but don't know what you are wanting to achieve.
Coming up on the next Lyrebird release. A view for your consoles / categories in AEL. Smile

I want it to look like the arcade mode for movies and TV shows like you showed before.
I want it to have a clean look Smile

and also one more questions, I use Kodi on my NVidia Shield and I've seen you posting the screenshots with games even from PS3, how does that work lol ?
Naja. Looks like you have the default skin skill.

Do you know how to “install add on from zip file”?

Do you have emulators on your shield?
Some basic questions to gauge where we should help you.

Rufoo. I upgraded me AEL and am using your latest skin. I’m not sure if it’s AEL or the skin or a combo of both. But man. It’s slow. I’ll post a video of it later. And I’ll do the same in AEL maybe winter can help me out
(2019-04-17, 13:15)Rufoo Wrote: [ -> ]Coming up on the next Lyrebird release. A view for your consoles / categories in AEL. Smile

Duck yes!!!!

Quack quack
Ryott

Yeah I do know how to install from zipfile and I do have Lyrebird installed for sure.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DU0E8s...PIRwGv7genImage

Yeah I have retroarch, but my main goal for now it's get the same look as he shows in here.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1g9_yMO...BaVHfJ7HAe
I still have a lot of questions, do you have Discord or something that I can contact? Just to help me set this up
(2019-04-18, 01:13)rdyott Wrote: [ -> ]Naja. Looks like you have the default skin skill.

Do you know how to “install add on from zip file”?

Do you have emulators on your shield?
Some basic questions to gauge where we should help you.

Rufoo. I upgraded me AEL and am using your latest skin. I’m not sure if it’s AEL or the skin or a combo of both. But man. It’s slow. I’ll post a video of it later. And I’ll do the same in AEL maybe winter can help me out
Sorry, Was supposed to quote you
(2019-04-17, 07:36)naja Wrote: [ -> ]I'm new to Kodi and I loved how your menu is looking, but I can't get it to look like it.
Any helps? Here's what mine is looking like right now

ImageImagehttps://drive.google.com/file/d/1vD-_nZ8...sp=sharing

OK. The screenshot you've shown is the home screen. You can't have the Arcade view from there. You need to go into your Movies or TV Shows library and then change the view for that section. Bring out the side menu and you'll see the view will probably already be either List or Thumbnail, click that to bring up the list of views, change to Arcade.
(2019-04-18, 02:46)Rufoo Wrote: [ -> ]You can't have the Arcade view from there.
This is my view when go into my Movies
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1GjHXnL...nO38Ofpcmh
(2019-04-18, 02:52)naja Wrote: [ -> ]This is my view when go into my Movies
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1GjHXnL...nO38Ofpcmh 

Press left to bring out the side menu, change the view from List to Arcade, it's the first option that gets highlighted. Bringing out the side menu is normally mapped to a direction that is opposing the orientation of the current view. So if a view is a vertical list, pressing left normally bring out the menu. If the view is a horizontal display, like Arcade, up brings out the side menu. You're welcome to PM me regarding any questions, but you may have to get your post count beyond a certain point before you're allowed to do so. Until then, feel free to ask here. As said, we all start somewhere. Smile

EDIT: Forgot to answer regarding your question, re: PS3. I added Blu-Ray covers ages ago, mostly for future proofing. RPCS3 is the only active PS3 emulator around and while it hasn't hit maturity yet, it is amazing the amount of leaps it has taken in the last year alone. Most 2D titles work flawlessly and things like God of War III are rapidly approaching a playable state. But it will still be some time away before the emulator goes supernova and belts out complex 3D titles at playable rates. However, when the day comes, at least you'll have views for them. Tongue
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16