Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Lyrebird MOD 0.9.9 (UPDATE: 2019-09-09)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
(2019-04-18, 01:13)rdyott Wrote: [ -> ]Rufoo. I upgraded me AEL and am using your latest skin. I’m not sure if it’s AEL or the skin or a combo of both. But man. It’s slow. I’ll post a video of it later. And I’ll do the same in AEL maybe winter can help me out

Pretty sure this isn't a skin thing. I'm fairly certain the current development build of AEL isn't stable and ready for prime time yet as Wintermute0110 is changing some things up and adding a bunch of new features (and some cool stuff I'll be using on the skinning side). Try reverting to the last stable build of 0.97 of AEL and see if the problems persist. Wintermute0110 is always busting his ass working on his projects, the guy is a total soldier, and from personal experience, can say the new one has some neat tricks coming up. He poured a lot of work more recently into AML, he tends to alternate between his AEL and AML stuff when he has time.
(2019-04-18, 04:22)Rufoo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-18, 01:13)rdyott Wrote: [ -> ]Rufoo. I upgraded me AEL and am using your latest skin. I’m not sure if it’s AEL or the skin or a combo of both. But man. It’s slow. I’ll post a video of it later. And I’ll do the same in AEL maybe winter can help me out

Pretty sure this isn't a skin thing. I'm fairly certain the current development build of AEL isn't stable and ready for prime time yet as Wintermute0110 is changing some things up and adding a bunch of new features (and some cool stuff I'll be using on the skinning side). Try reverting to the last stable build of 0.97 of AEL and see if the problems persist. Wintermute0110 is always busting his ass working on his projects, the guy is a total soldier, and from personal experience, can say the new one has some neat tricks coming up. He poured a lot of work more recently into AML, he tends to alternate between his AEL and AML stuff when he has time. 
yea. what i figured. didnt hurt to ask. and yea wintermute is a machine.
(2019-04-18, 04:28)rdyott Wrote: [ -> ]yea. what i figured. didnt hurt to ask. and yea wintermute is a machine. 

Of course, bud. You're always welcome here. Smile
the recording menu/shortcut/window of my pvr client dvr doesnt show nothing is blank i dont see my dvr recording im on a nvidia shield tv and im using the skin "Lyrenbird"
(2019-04-18, 05:32)jrod10133 Wrote: [ -> ]the recording menu/shortcut/window of my pvr client dvr doesnt show nothing is blank i dont see my dvr recording im on a nvidia shield tv and im using the skin "Lyrenbird"

This has been mentioned by another user previously. I will provide a quick bug fix push of certain things this weekend. An Easter Special Edition as it were. Wait a day or two.
(2019-04-10, 05:21)Rufoo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-10, 04:59)randallspicher Wrote: [ -> ]MyPVRRecordings.xml is missing the <views> tag.

add <views>50</views> under the <window> tag to fix. 

Hadn't had a chance to look at this yet. I'll incorporate what you've said into 0.9.0. I see this is your first post, I'm presuming you just jumped out to help out albescri. Real nice of you and I appreciate you taking the investigation off me. You have my thanks. Smile  
I've also been tweaking MyPVRGuide.xml and DialogPVRInfo.xml, because I prefer to also see things like the season/episode numbers and episode titles in the show info panel when I'm browsing the guide, as well as see the Show/Episode poster rather than the Channel icon.   I don't know if those would be the sorts of changes others might be interested in?   I'll probably be unable to resist overhauling the data shown in the PVR recordings as well... 

Not sure if you (or the Lyrebird userbase in general) would be interested in or want changes like that, or if I should keep them local.

I also replace the actor images with the TVDB character images in the DialogVideoInfo, because I don't want to see Bruce as Ash with his chainsaw be the image used in the Xena or Brisco County Jr character lists...   but that is something that has to go well outside and beyond what kodi itself supports to accomplish (needs to load the character images from a static location, and tweak the actor names and roles in the DB to make actor and role labels that can be used in URLs) so I doubt anyone else would be interested in that.  I've made that particular mod to Estuary Mod,  Aeon Nox Silvo, and earlier versions of Mimic as well, wish kodi would just support that functionality so that I didn't need to go though hoops to make it work)
@randallspicher 

That sounds pretty ace. If you want to fork Lyrebird and push your changes I'm happy to bring them into the fold or if you just wanna dump your XMLs in a zip and have me fetch it, happy to do that too. Full credits given, of course. Smile

If it is something that is viable for the average user, it would be greatly appreciated.
@rdyott AEL in master is currently a disaster. It is undergoing a massive refactoring, with lot of stuff not working or working precariously. Currently I am in an AML development cycle. I had some new ideas like 3D box generation I want to push forward, and I have neglected AEL a bit. AML is almost complete, 3D box and PDF reader are working OK. When finished, I'll focus on AEL again. Currently I'm thinking about a new implementation that separates ROM audit from Parent/Clone generation, also accommodating multidisk ROMs and unofficial/hack ROMs. I do not want to repeat previous mistakes so this time I will write a design document and then implement it (and not the other way around, have an idea, implement it, and the realise it doesn't work as expected).

When the design doc is ready I will publish it in the AEL thread so everyone will have a say before the actual implementation starts.
@Rufoo oh okay cool thank you for your reply and your hard work Love the Skin  Cool
Hi @Rufoo

Appreciate you keeping Mimic alive. Thanks!

I've chosen Lyrebird for its minimal UI. It's the only skin that allows you to rename and sort Home Screen menus, and customize backgrounds.

I have one bug/issue I'd like you to fix as follows:

1. Full screen video
2. Invoke Audio Settings dialog
3. Choose Audio Offset

Audio Offset dialog pops up correctly, but the Auto Settings OSD remains open obscuring the screen. This makes it impossible to adjust lip sync without constantly toggling back and forth.

Thanks again
(2019-04-19, 10:17)FireInMyHole Wrote: [ -> ]Hi @Rufoo

Appreciate you keeping Mimic alive. Thanks!

I've chosen Lyrebird for its minimal UI. It's the only skin that allows you to rename and sort Home Screen menus, and customize backgrounds.

I have one bug/issue I'd like you to fix as follows:

1. Full screen video
2. Invoke Audio Settings dialog
3. Choose Audio Offset

Audio Offset dialog pops up correctly, but the Auto Settings OSD remains open obscuring the screen. This makes it impossible to adjust lip sync without constantly toggling back and forth.

Thanks again

I'd like to add my support for this request, and my gratitude and admiration to Rufoo for keeping Mimic alive. I agree that home menu customisation plus minimal UI are what made Mimic so great. I really don't understand how all skins don't consider home menu customisation to be a core requirement.

I'm pretty sure that this audio offset behaviour is inherited from the original Mimic. It's the only thing that really bugged me about that skin although I still used it as my default anyway because everything else was/is so good. If Rufoo can fix that sub-optimal original Mimic audio-offset behaviour as you suggest though (the default Estuary skin does audio offset "correctly" for instance) it would definitely be another extremely worthwhile enhancement in Lyrebird vs original Mimic.
(2019-04-18, 09:31)Wintermute0110 Wrote: [ -> ]@rdyott AEL in master is currently a disaster. It is undergoing a massive refactoring, with lot of stuff not working or working precariously. Currently I am in an AML development cycle. I had some new ideas like 3D box generation I want to push forward, and I have neglected AEL a bit. AML is almost complete, 3D box and PDF reader are working OK. When finished, I'll focus on AEL again. Currently I'm thinking about a new implementation that separates ROM audit from Parent/Clone generation, also accommodating multidisk ROMs and unofficial/hack ROMs. I do not want to repeat previous mistakes so this time I will write a design document and then implement it (and not the other way around, have an idea, implement it, and the realise it doesn't work as expected).

When the design doc is ready I will publish it in the AEL thread so everyone will have a say before the actual implementation starts.
@Wintermute0110 my game collection is "simple" i havnt even set up my MAME collection yet.. its massive.  but what does AML do that AEl cant? My understanding is that AEL would be a complete emulator addon, and AML would be like AEL Lite. utilized for mame.?

what do you suggest i use in the meantime? since you say master is FUBAR currently.

Sorry for thread hijack Rufoo. I just started to set up the new Lyrebird skin. i had issue when i "updated" it.. it seems that a deletion of old version and then computer reboot and then reinstall of new version was needed.

Ill test more when the larger more detailed version is released. as you have mentioned you have things that will be fixed in that version already.
(2019-04-23, 21:53)rdyott Wrote: [ -> ]@Wintermute0110 my game collection is "simple" i havnt even set up my MAME collection yet.. its massive.  but what does AML do that AEl cant? My understanding is that AEL would be a complete emulator addon, and AML would be like AEL Lite. utilized for mame.?

what do you suggest i use in the meantime? since you say master is FUBAR currently.

Sorry for thread hijack Rufoo. I just started to set up the new Lyrebird skin. i had issue when i "updated" it.. it seems that a deletion of old version and then computer reboot and then reinstall of new version was needed.

Ill test more when the larger more detailed version is released. as you have mentioned you have things that will be fixed in that version already.

AML is slightly more complex than AEL, in terms of number of lines of code about 20% bigger. MAME is very unique in many aspects, one of them is that it includes information about every single ROM it supports (about 400,000).

In AEL, being a launcher addon, you are supposed to have some ROMs and then AEL scans them, hopefully adding the metadata from the offline scraper, and that's it (well... AEL can do more things like No-Intro audit with ROM files, but not much more really). However, AML is able to display every machine and Software List item MAME supports (roughly 40,000 plus 100,000) even if you don't have a single ROM. Think of AML like the Offline Scraper browser in AEL.

On top of that, it is impractical to display 40,000 MAME machines in a single list, so AML has a lot of filters to sort the machines (by Year, by category, by driver (arcade board), etc.) AML even has a custom filter you define in XML where you can define your own machine lists: for example, I want the machines released in the 80s, exclude fruit machines, nonworking ,etc., and bingo. Of course, AML can scan the ROM ZIP files and CHDs you have, and display only the working machines. AML can even audit (or check) your ZIP files to know if your ROMs are correct.

Very soon I will reinforce the interaction of AML and AEL, so AML will be like a very sophisticated MAME filter that can export custom MAME launchers into AEL. In other words: you setup AML, and then define the filters you want to export into AEL as virtual read-only launchers (ROLs). When you update your ROMs or MAME version, you just regenerate your filters and you are done. ROLs cannot be edited in AEL: you can only change them in AML and then re-export.

The story of AML is that some 3 years ago I created NARS. NARS was a MAME filter program similar to ROMLister and I used it to filter the massive amount of MAME machines into 3 AEL launchers: ROMs from the 80s, ROMs from the 90s, and ROMs from the 00s and up. The thing is that when I coded AEL and saw that it was possible to display lists in Kodi having thousands of elements (if you do it properly), then I decided to create an addon specifically tailored for MAME and finally merge NARS into AML. Note that before AEL, both Advanced Launcher and RCB struggled to display a mere 1000 ROMs, so I believe it was just not possible to use Kodi with such a big lists. Fortunately, I was wrong Blush

Please give AML a try. You just need to have MAME installed, and create a ROMs directory (even if empty). AML is very easy to setup compared with AEL and it is compatible with AEL views. When you have it working then you can start adding the bells and whistles (aka artwork). Of course, any idea or comment you have tell me in the AML thread.

Alternatively, if you have your MAME ROMs you can create a MAME launcher in AEL. AEL MAME offline scraper is currently the best and should work fine for 99.99% of the ROMs.
(2019-04-24, 18:23)Wintermute0110 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-23, 21:53)rdyott Wrote: [ -> ]@Wintermute0110 my game collection is "simple" i havnt even set up my MAME collection yet.. its massive.  but what does AML do that AEl cant? My understanding is that AEL would be a complete emulator addon, and AML would be like AEL Lite. utilized for mame.?

AML is slightly more complex than AEL, in terms of number of lines of code about 20% bigger. MAME is very unique in many aspects, one of them is that it includes information about every single ROM it supports (about 400,000).

In AEL, being a launcher addon, you are supposed to have some ROMs and then AEL scans them, hopefully adding the metadata from the offline scraper, and that's it (well... AEL can do more things like No-Intro audit with ROM files, but not much more really). However, AML is able to display every machine and Software List item MAME supports (roughly 40,000 plus 100,000) even if you don't have a single ROM. Think of AML like the Offline Scraper browser in AEL.

On top of that, it is impractical to display 40,000 MAME machines in a single list, so AML has a lot of filters to sort the machines (by Year, by category, by driver (arcade board), etc.) AML even has a custom filter you define in XML where you can define your own machine lists: for example, I want the machines released in the 80s, exclude fruit machines, nonworking ,etc., and bingo. Of course, AML can scan the ROM ZIP files and CHDs you have, and display only the working machines. AML can even audit (or check) your ZIP files to know if your ROMs are correct.

Very soon I will reinforce the interaction of AML and AEL, so AML will be like a very sophisticated MAME filter that can export custom MAME launchers into AEL. In other words: you setup AML, and then define the filters you want to export into AEL as virtual read-only launchers (ROLs). When you update your ROMs or MAME version, you just regenerate your filters and you are done. ROLs cannot be edited in AEL: you can only change them in AML and then re-export.

The story of AML is that some 3 years ago I created NARS. NARS was a MAME filter program similar to ROMLister and I used it to filter the massive amount of MAME machines into 3 AEL launchers: ROMs from the 80s, ROMs from the 90s, and ROMs from the 00s and up. The thing is that when I coded AEL and saw that it was possible to display lists in Kodi having thousands of elements (if you do it properly), then I decided to create an addon specifically tailored for MAME and finally merge NARS into AML. Note that before AEL, both Advanced Launcher and RCB struggled to display a mere 1000 ROMs, so I believe it was just not possible to use Kodi with such a big lists. Fortunately, I was wrong Blush

Please give AML a try. You just need to have MAME installed, and create a ROMs directory (even if empty). AML is very easy to setup compared with AEL and it is compatible with AEL views. When you have it working then you can start adding the bells and whistles (aka artwork). Of course, any idea or comment you have tell me in the AML thread.

Alternatively, if you have your MAME ROMs you can create a MAME launcher in AEL. AEL MAME offline scraper is currently the best and should work fine for 99.99% of the ROMs. 

thanks for the info.. i have MAME ROMS. id prolly use AEL and make a MAME launcher. i like for all my games to be in 1 section off the home screen.  Home (Games) > Systems (Categories) > Rom List.

I understand MAME has 10s of thousands of games, but i wouldnt list them all. only the ones i like Smile. Or i could set up MAME as different system and manual add the roms.

I use rocketlauncher to launch my roms so not sure how that maters.

thanks for the info. ill look into.
is there any stable AEL?
(2019-04-25, 02:39)rdyott Wrote: [ -> ]thanks for the info.. i have MAME ROMS. id prolly use AEL and make a MAME launcher. i like for all my games to be in 1 section off the home screen.  Home (Games) > Systems (Categories) > Rom List.

I understand MAME has 10s of thousands of games, but i wouldnt list them all. only the ones i like Smile. Or i could set up MAME as different system and manual add the roms.

I use rocketlauncher to launch my roms so not sure how that maters.

thanks for the info. ill look into.
is there any stable AEL?

Yes, I forgot to answer you question. For now use AEL 0.9.7. I will release 0.9.8 soon.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16