Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC Remote for Windows Mobile (WinMo) in development, help needed...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
It seems you're another interesting case! I seem to have some troubles with large libraries, but your error is new. Can i contact you somehow so we can debug your error?
hey, yea you can email me at [email protected] or add me with that same address on msn messenger
hello guys so far so good installed on my touch pro , and well the resolution ins't quiet the needed one for the device, under the music tab the By Genre is not working i can use By Artist and By Album but just not By Genre, as far as the Movies tab it works great, once it goes into sleep mode and then returns everything reconnects fine im using ENERgY ROM on touch pro , this app is going on the very right direction !! thanks every one who has helped !!! Big Grin
When I install the CAB on my HTC Touch HD, it takes 2 or 3 seconds and just says 'Installation of XBMC Remote for WinMo 0.1b.CAB was'

I then check the menus and find nothing. Any reason why this wont work?
I use a HTC TP2 (Rhodium 100) with the latest official dutch ROM.
I have donwloaded and installed the app on the storage card
without any issue.

I have to test it now for one week. After this i will report here.

Question:
If there any skin possibillities planned for this app?

PS, source of windows mobile solutions http://www.xda-developers.com
DejaVu77 Wrote:When I install the CAB on my HTC Touch HD, it takes 2 or 3 seconds and just says 'Installation of XBMC Remote for WinMo 0.1b.CAB was'

I then check the menus and find nothing. Any reason why this wont work?

I get the same error on my HD2 Huh .. does this app possibly require the .net compact framework libraries, could this be the problem ?... I have recently had to format the device and lost the libs .. don't spose anyone has the link to them handy ?

App sounds amazing though can't wait to give it a go Big Grin ..keep up the good work
Ok I answered my own question .. I installed the framework, restarted the phone and the remote installed first time Big Grin if anyone else with HD2 needs the framework cab you can get it here: http://www.alternativeappstore.com/downloads/hd2.htm

Awesome app, thanks Johnsel
Yeah, it needs the .NETCF Framework. (thanks philbart for figuring the install issue out)

Also, development has been suspend for now. I'm getting a little sick of the fact WM6.x has no good looking AND properly working controls that don't cost a small fortune. I'll soon continue developing and make it a feature-complete product that also supports (q)vga screens. Please keep informing me of any bugs you might find!

I'm also toying around with Windows Phone 7 a little. I promiss there'll be a much better looking version for that!
I've had some time to play with the app and firstly I can't believe how responsive the remote function is, good work Johnsel Big Grin

I have some queries though ... from other posts it seems that all or most of the functions should work ... is this correct?... for me (on my HD2) the only function that works is the remote, the now playing is blank and all other menus think for a bit and then give an error. I installed again yesterday what I think is the latest version 0.2b but the same happens. I have the latest install of dharma and have all the settings in the network tab enabled , port 8080 user xbmc, no password? What am I doing wrong?... anyone any ideas? Sorry to hear development is on hold. My everyday job is a BlackBerry and web app developer, but I developed for winmo at university so I may have a look see if I can get my head around xbmc's API's ... Johnsel let me know if there is anything I can try to help with. Wink
philbart Wrote:I've had some time to play with the app and firstly I can't believe how responsive the remote function is, good work Johnsel Big Grin

I have some queries though ... from other posts it seems that all or most of the functions should work ... is this correct?... for me (on my HD2) the only function that works is the remote, the now playing is blank and all other menus think for a bit and then give an error. I installed again yesterday what I think is the latest version 0.2b but the same happens. I have the latest install of dharma and have all the settings in the network tab enabled , port 8080 user xbmc, no password? What am I doing wrong?... anyone any ideas? Sorry to hear development is on hold. My everyday job is a BlackBerry and web app developer, but I developed for winmo at university so I may have a look see if I can get my head around xbmc's API's ... Johnsel let me know if there is anything I can try to help with. Wink
Yeah, I have same error. The Remote Control works really well (needs a volume control though) but the others die with an error.
It's a really great app, do you think you could try fixing up these last few things? Big Grin
Hey Johnsel, I am so sorry about not being reachable. I've been back and forth to the hospital a lot lately. My health isn't good AT ALL, and i'm just trying to get things better, Dr.s aren't having any answer's or solutions so far, which is even worse news. I will try to be more reachable. I am still ready to do the graphics, no doubt. If you still have the comcast e-mail of mine, reach me there, or if you have the gmail, hit me up. I know we need to settle on a format as to HOW TO SKIN things mostly. (IE- Making screen's with everything laid out and you use co-ordinate positions for tracking, OR using separate button's that you position via program that is used for control's.) I personally am voting for separate button's myself for the following reasons. Separate BG's, separate button's can make things more customizable for a skinner, and also is better for being able to do different device resolution's easier since button's positioning can be controllable.

So with that in mind (if you also go for the 2nd idea.), I already have a main BG i made recently for a WM Theater program called 'Flix 2' (grabs movie info and theater info to choose what movie your looking for and where it's all playing at, movie TN, and link for trailer) so from this point, i would just need to know what is all going to be on the main screen for options, will do the button's and locations (if you'd like me to), and go from there. Just contact me, or PM either, and we'll get jumping on this. And sorry buddy!!! Sad All i can say is just pray for me that things start getting better.
Jonno2343 Wrote:Yeah, I have same error. The Remote Control works really well (needs a volume control though) but the others die with an error.
It's a really great app, do you think you could try fixing up these last few things? Big Grin

If the remote control part works everything should work, do you have latest dharma beta 2 and enabled the web interface? Ports correct?
Hey all,

I'm very new to do this, so this might be a stupid question, but I downloaded Johnsel's program and am loving the layout. However, I can't get my phone to connect via HTTP to XMBC. I put in my IP address followed by a colon and then the port as such:

xxx.xxx.x.x:xxxx

The first thing I noticed is that it doesn't have enough space in the field to input four numbers for the port. I also tried port 80, and that didn't work. Any ideas? I am very excited to try this program out!

Thanks!
If i'm correct port is currently hardcoded to 8080. Setup xbmc to use this port and it should work. I'll release an updated version soon that allows you to manually change port numbers.
Hey Johnsel, thanks for the quick response!

Like I said, I'm really new to all this, and I still can't get it working. I am runing Dharma Beta 2, and my network settings (under services) look like this:

Allow control of XBMC via HTTP - enabled
Port - 8080
Username - xbmc
Password - blank

Under "internet access" I haven't changed any of the settings.

On my phone, I have the ipv4 address that came up when I used the ipconfig command in CMD entered into the field for IP address. Not sure if this is the right one.

Should this be working, or is there something else I'm missing? My phone is pretty stock. I haven't done much to it.

Thanks again for your help
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8