Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC Remote for Windows Mobile (WinMo) in development, help needed...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Hmm, is your phone disconnected from activesync? Activesync sometimes messes connections up.
Is your phone's wlan connection ok?
Can you open the web browser interface on the webbrowser of your phone?
Yeah my phone is disconnected from Activesync and the wireless is working good. how would I access the web browser interface from my phone?
antonius1985 Wrote:Yeah my phone is disconnected from Activesync and the wireless is working good. how would I access the web browser interface from my phone?

try opening http://yourxbmcip:8080 in the webbrowser.
it won't let me access the page (I'm running opera 9.7). I bet its something obvious that I'm missing. Should my ip address that i put into the phone be my ipv4 address?
Your probably doing the same thing wrong that I was. This program seems to be made for a local connection to your network, not an outside connection. So basically to access your network locally you have to enable wifi on your phone and connect. I could be wrong, but I am unable to connect to xbmc using any connection outside of my own network (like 3g).
Ok, will grab newest build to look at, and start getting back to designing. Health is good enough for having a little bit more time now for this. Smile
Edit- Unfortunately it just keep's crashing for me when running. It seems to connect ok, and doesn't crash when going to control's, but trying to access any movie in DB, or music, it crashes. I think I can
trap the code to paste possibly.
djdafreund Wrote:Ok, will grab newest build to look at, and start getting back to designing. Health is good enough for having a little bit more time now for this. Smile
Edit- Unfortunately it just keep's crashing for me when running. It seems to connect ok, and doesn't crash when going to control's, but trying to access any movie in DB, or music, it crashes. I think I can
trap the code to paste possibly.

I hope you'll be able to find the cause of that bug, and that Johnsel will be able to fix it Smile!
I have the exact same problem. Remote Control functions work great, however the library cant be opened. Although a couple of times i was able to open the TV-show library, however upon opening a show it crashed.

Is it perhaps possible to start the remote immediatly (instead of the list of libraries and remote), as a temporary fix Wink ?

Anyhow, i hope you'll be able to develop this great app further, because i use it almost everyday Big Grin!
Well, we've had issues in the past like this and he figured out fixes (maybe not the same one we're having now), but Johnsel's a talented guy, so i don't doubt in my mind he'll either already have an idea of the reason for the crashing going on, or will figure out what the problem is.

@Johnsel, you got my e-mail still, so i'll help test out and figure out what the cause is, so i can start designing stuff. I suppose i will knock out the main screen first, then the control page/screen. Sound good?
djdafreund Wrote:Well, we've had issues in the past like this and he figured out fixes (maybe not the same one we're having now), but Johnsel's a talented guy, so i don't doubt in my mind he'll either already have an idea of the reason for the crashing going on, or will figure out what the problem is.

@Johnsel, you got my e-mail still, so i'll help test out and figure out what the cause is, so i can start designing stuff. I suppose i will knock out the main screen first, then the control page/screen. Sound good?

Sounds great. Anyone experienceing crashes can try to help me out by quoting the first few lines in the "details" screen of the crash. Also it logs several things in \Program Files\XBMC Remote\xbmc-json-debug.log. First delete that file, then run and make the program crash with as little steps as possible. You can upload the file or post it to pastebin and post the link here. Please don't post the full error log on the forum here as they can get very large.
Ok, i just figured it out. Stupid windows firewall got enabled, i guess from some windows update somewhat recent. It's working now. KEWL!!! Ok, so i DID want to point out (maybe normal), when accidentally
hitting "Now Playing" selection on main screen, it still did make it crash, but maybe it's cause nothing was actually playing, and that's normal behavior. On to designing now. I might end up doing the remote
control page first, since i can only access 80% of the screen (remember, VGA phone.)
Yeah that's the problem most of the time. If it crashes at at XbmcJson.JsonRpcClient.Invoke(Type returnType, String method, Object args) it is due to not being able to connect. I know it should fart out a nice error message saying so but it doesn't. If this happens check if you can connect with your mobile webbrowser to http://XBMC_IP:XBMC_WEBPORT. If you can't it is due to your network configuration, flaky wifi or a firewall that's messing stuff up. I can't help you then as it has nothing to do with my program.

I'm currently rewriting the entire library (again, lol) to work asynchronous which should make the UI a lot more responsive. Djdafreund, e-mail me if you need/have anything from/for me okay? Smile

edit: now playing crash is a known bug btw, it's fixed in latest source (on my harddrive that is)
Hi,

I've recreated the crash.
I get the following error (in dutch so i'll try to translate).

Unexpected error in XBMC Remote for WinMo.exe

Unable to connect to server.

However the remote control function does work...
Smobbo Wrote:Hi,

I get the following error (in dutch so i'll try to translate).

Unable to connect to server.

However the remote control function does work...

Please read my post about submitting crash logs, i need the first couple of lines from the details screen when you get an error, like :
Quote: NullReferenceException

at XbmcJson.JsonRpcClient.Invoke(Type returnType, String method, Object args)
at XbmcJson.JsonRpcClient.Invoke(String method, Object args)
Hi Johnsel,

What i did:

Startup XBMC on my PC
Startup WiFi
Startup XBMC Remote for WinMo
Click on Movies (this also happens with the other buttons like TV Shows, etc. but not with remote control (that works))

After a while (roughly 1 minute) it responds with the earlier mentioned crashreport:

Unable to connect to server

The following is stated in the logfile (this is the entire logfile):

Code:
2-11-10 14:17:22 - Invoke: {
  "jsonrpc": "2.0",
  "method": "VideoLibrary.GetMovies",
  "params": {},
  "id": 1
}
2-11-10 14:18:08 - Exception: Unable to connect to the remote server

Extra info:
Device: HTC Touch HD with WinMo6.5.5

I hope this helps Smile!
Don't really remember if it was still hardcoded in the downloadable version, if you can set it yourself, is it correct? if not? should be 8080 in xbmc...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8