Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager - Revisited (Open Source VB.NET Project)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Finknz Wrote:Apologies if this has already been asked but does this version allow you to update XBMC through Ember Media Manager. I tried getting it to work and was getting the "reference not set to an instance of an object" error message"

I get this when manually rescraping a movie. It shows up when I choose the cover artwork and put the radio button that says (cover) next to it then hit ok. That error pops up. Not sure what I am doing wrong. Then the cover doenst download. I have to manually go back and add a jpg url for the post image.
just wondering why this program is so slow now? i am not getting trailers, and i know that has caused an issue before. it's been a while since i've use this and just wondering if maybe i have something setup wrong. i'm talking minutes after clicking rescrape to get anything
For me everything is fine!

I am Brazilian and I use the version 1.2 r2422 of Ember Media Manager in Portuguese with the scraper and settings from this topic (first page) and everything is working perfectly.

If anyone is interested in the Portuguese version CLICK HERE.

Note: Is possible to change the language to English as well!
prophetizer Wrote:just wondering why this program is so slow now? i am not getting trailers, and i know that has caused an issue before. it's been a while since i've use this and just wondering if maybe i have something setup wrong. i'm talking minutes after clicking rescrape to get anything

Something is set-up wrong. I only get about a 30 second pause when updating my library. Everything else is quite fast.

What scraper are you using? Use rogues or olympias.
anybody have specific settings for ember

second time user xD

thou its been a while and just installed the latest version from the first page

is this tut still up to date ?

http://www.howtogeek.com/61976/how-to-us...nto-shape/
hentai23 Wrote:...is this tut still up to date ?

http://www.howtogeek.com/61976/how-to-us...nto-shape/

Absolutely!
I used that tutorial.
Ember with the IMDB scraper (imdb_olympia_v1.5) is working perfectly for me.
Nod
heard the rogue scraper is the best?

oh and do i use the rogue scraper and the default ember or just checkmark the rogue one? and any specific stelar settings?

btw has anyone made a scraper for anidb i know theres an addon for xbmc

but if itd be able to make one for ember so it could rename some of my unsorted animes to there correct names and sort them itd be awesome!!

p.s: i have some movies like with torrent and whatnot prefixes to the folders

is there a way to make ember autoremove those? so it can scrape better results?

http://s1033.photobucket.com/albums/a413...scrape.png
Ember Media Manager stopped scraping TV-Shows. Confused

From today morning, I cannot get EMBER to scrape the information and images for the TV Show "Prison Break". It says "downloading show info" and sometimes, display an error message of some XML Declaration things or just stops responding. Sometimes, it just returns a black window without any posters or fanart to select.

Does anyone know an alternative working TV-show scraper like EMBER?
FireDragon Wrote:Ember Media Manager stopped scraping TV-Shows. Confused

From today morning, I cannot get EMBER to scrape the information and images for the TV Show "Prison Break". It says "downloading show info" and sometimes, display an error message of some XML Declaration things or just stops responding. Sometimes, it just returns a black window without any posters or fanart to select.

Does anyone know an alternative working TV-show scraper like EMBER?

ARRRRRG! I just ran into this! I've spent the past couple of days getting my movies done with the 1.5 Olypia scraper and using emmber to edit where necessary. I'm very happy with ember, but now that I go to try scraping TV shows it won't/can't do itSad:confused2:
topcatXBMC Wrote:ARRRRRG! I just ran into this! I've spent the past couple of days getting my movies done with the 1.5 Olypia scraper and using emmber to edit where necessary. I'm very happy with ember, but now that I go to try scraping TV shows it won't/can't do itSad:confused2:
as an alternative, try sickbeard for shows and keep emm for movies (that's how I do it)
I can't scrape any movies and when I use Ember built it I get extremely slow results.
ummm, i'm using v2422 and i can't seem to enable trailer support. does anyone else have this issue?
In your next version you should make the name of The TV Show highlight when new show instead of just the new episode.

This would make it better to go down the list because I add anywhere between 2-5 new episode a day and forget which show has a new episode.
Shinu Wrote:ummm, i'm using v2422 and i can't seem to enable trailer support. does anyone else have this issue?

I'm using v2422 as well and I have the same issue. Cannot for the life of me get trailers to download. I get an Access denied error for AdvancedSettings.xml when I try to enable trailer support.
dascmo Wrote:I'm using v2422 as well and I have the same issue. Cannot for the life of me get trailers to download. I get an Access denied error for AdvancedSettings.xml when I try to enable trailer support.

Didn't trailer support break long ago? I know someone made a scapper to fix it but never got it to work.