Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager - Revisited (Open Source VB.NET Project)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
aptalca Wrote:Just an idea, I know the imdb scraper in xbmc finds the movie on imdb, retrieves its imdb id and searches for that on tmdb. But some movies on tmdb, even though they have all the info and pics, they do not have the imdb id saved. In that case, the api returns nothing found.

That might be the problem. (I am just speculating since I do not know how exactly ember scrapes)

But the easiest solution to that is to go on tmdb and add the imdb id, wait for a few hours for the api to be updated and rescrape. That works with xbmc's imdb scraper.

Cheers

A couple other people hinted towards this, so I looked into it. The API is completely up and running, and has been since yesterday.

The remaining problems we're having are moves that do not have IMDB IDs noted in their respective themoviedb entries. Every single movie mentioned in this thread up to this point was missing that ID.

I went ahead an registered for an account, and added all the IMDB IDs for the movies mentioned. In a few hours give them a try to see if they're working now.
Before I install EMM, I'd like to know if it ruins or rewrites .nfo files, such as Media Companion. After files have need scraped, I was unable to seed them.

I have somewhere 400 movies and 1 TB of TV shows and I do not want to redownload every torrent file.
Metrodusa Wrote:Before I install EMM, I'd like to know if it ruins or rewrites .nfo files, such as Media Companion. After files have need scraped, I was unable to seed them.

I have somewhere 400 movies and 1 TB of TV shows and I do not want to redownload every torrent file.

Although I haven't tried it, there is the option of switching off the writing of .nfo files, so I would suggested switching that off, adding just the one movie and testing it first.
I have added a 'feature' to get around the missing IMDB id on themoviedb.com. If it fails when requesting data using the IMDB number, it tries a search using the title and year. It isn't great but it should work for quite a few and should decrease the percentage of films people have to do manually greatly.

So, how do I check my changes in? The changes I have are:

- Two crash bugs fixed.
- 3 codec icons added.
- Scraper tweak/fix. (EmberCore only)
Caustic Wrote:It isn't great but it should work for quite a few and should decrease the percentage of films people have to do manually greatly

Better than nothing, of course. Hopefully someone chimes in with information on how you can contribute.

Although, I think the majority of us are on Rogue's scraper now. Is the built-in scraper working again?
Caustic Wrote:I have added a 'feature' to get around the missing IMDB id on themoviedb.com. If it fails when requesting data using the IMDB number, it tries a search using the title and year. It isn't great but it should work for quite a few and should decrease the percentage of films people have to do manually greatly.

So, how do I check my changes in? The changes I have are:

- Two crash bugs fixed.
- 3 codec icons added.
- Scraper tweak/fix. (EmberCore only)

Best to pm Tuscani / Pbod to get permissions on Source Forge.
gizmotoy Wrote:Better than nothing, of course. Hopefully someone chimes in with information on how you can contribute.

Although, I think the majority of us are on Rogue's scraper now. Is the built-in scraper working again?

I didn't realise his scraper was better than the default one! I have to confess to not trying it. It seems to work the same, but the "Multiple" option is very nice. I could add a tick box on the options screen to toggle the extra bit of lookup I added. Also spotted another minor like tweak I could make to remove duplicate posters.
Hi

Anyone else seeing this?

Following 'Update Library' full folders (ie a whole season) of TV EP ISOs are missing from EMM. I can't work out how to get EMM to recognise them.

I have other folders of ISOs that have previously been scraped and have NFOs - EMM see them.

Any ideas? (I have checked .iso is included in the 'Valid Video Extensions' settings....

Cheers
D2K
Ember by default does not like ISO's. Check out the first post of the original release of Ember.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=50348

I originally asked that question from the author so he updated the first post. Of course I'm still using the original Ember and it does still work for me.
omfg, was XBMC related inactive for 6 months and now I've learned that the further development of the damn best media manager out there is in question. Sad

Think i'm gonna start with VB development to help EMM-R.
Tuscani are you still looking for programmers for this project?
I would love to see the youtube trailer option back in Ember !

And I thought it would update itself...was I wrong ? Huh
Tuscani seems to have disappeared from this thread.
I'm having issues downloading movie posters using the "update all" way. All the posters that are downloaded are the same poster which is :

If I scrape manually one at a time, it works fine. I'm using themoviedb.com but it happens when I choose another source as well. This is using the built in scraper that is in the current version
For some reason some movies won't scrape fanart like eg. Brothers, I'm using the Rogue scraper what can be done?