Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager - Revisited (Open Source VB.NET Project)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Randall Lind Wrote:I just right click update library or scan for new content then run the file cleaner it will remove old files. Why do you need to delete and re add your sources?

You are doing something wrong.

Cany ou elaborate on "run the file cleaner it will remove old files"

I'm not aware of this feature
Marcos Wrote:Cany ou elaborate on "run the file cleaner it will remove old files"

I'm not aware of this feature

if you go in to xbmc setting then click video there a clean files option you run and it will remove dead files. So if you rename files.
It was late when I posted this last night and I realized it was in the wrong EMM thread. Reposting here since this should be where it goes.

Quote:Does EMM-r support the <displayseason> and <displayepisode> fields for .nfo files? If not, is that something possible to be added in the future? It would be nice to be able to have scraped TV shows be able to show specials inline with their season. The TheTVDB.com scraper internal to XBMC takes this sorting into account when populating the database. Take the following TheTVDB.com entry for example. Note that the specials 1 and 2 appear between the normal season episodes 8 and 9.
does someone has problem of showing mediainfo on XBMC (default skin). On EMM, all mediainfo is shown, but on XBMC only "Bluray" or "DVD" info is shown. I have to play the movie to make the other info such as codec, audio, resolution, etc... shown
arryo Wrote:does someone has problem of showing mediainfo on XBMC (default skin). On EMM, all mediainfo is shown, but on XBMC only "Bluray" or "DVD" info is shown. I have to play the movie to make the other info such as codec, audio, resolution, etc... shown

I notice that myself however I am using Simplicity. I need to double check EMM and see what's going on. I also use Night but, Simplicity is now my favorite.
When I scrape a movie that is in dvd folders (like audio_ts and video_ts) and have it set to autorename, it seems to create a new folder with the correct folder/movie name but also leaves the original folder with the "audio_ts". The "video_ts" is moved correctly.

Anyone else having this issue or is it just me? I have to manually go and delete the old folder.
Can Ember also scrape movie info from themoviedb or does it only work with imdb?

The problem is, that I have one movie that isn't in imdb, and is therefore scraped wrongly. The one possibility I can think of is to delete all the files generated by Ember and let the movie be scraped by the xbmc themoviedb scraper. However, I don't get the .nfo / poster / extrathumbs / ... files then. Is there any way of getting these using Ember or some other way besides manually?

Thanks.
oxyris Wrote:Can Ember also scrape movie info from themoviedb or does it only work with imdb?

The problem is, that I have one movie that isn't in imdb, and is therefore scraped wrongly. The one possibility I can think of is to delete all the files generated by Ember and let the movie be scraped by the xbmc themoviedb scraper. However, I don't get the .nfo / poster / extrathumbs / ... files then. Is there any way of getting these using Ember or some other way besides manually?

Thanks.

If you go to IMDB in a browser, are you able to find the movie manually on the site? If so, take that tt (?) ID that's displayed in the URL, and when you select the "Change Movie" option in Ember, paste that ID number. I've had problems with some foreign movies not showing up in the Ember app itself that were available on the site, and what I just suggested has worked well for me.
RosevilleHT Wrote:If you go to IMDB in a browser, are you able to find the movie manually on the site? If so, take that tt (?) ID that's displayed in the URL, and when you select the "Change Movie" option in Ember, paste that ID number. I've had problems with some foreign movies not showing up in the Ember app itself that were available on the site, and what I just suggested has worked well for me.

Unfortunately not, tried already.

http://www.imdb.com/find?s=all&q=seven+sunny+days imdb
http://www.themoviedb.org/movie/20356 themoviedb
Can it scrape from just the folder name?
So it looks at the file name at all.. Because is don`t want to rename all the files by hand.
The folders are right named..

And a problem:
It only scrapes/download stuff for the 8 first movies..

Runs on Win7 x86.
Has anyone got any failsafe settings for XBMC, I've tried loads but it still has to scrape itsellf any ideas? I followed a guide on a site posted earlier in this thread but it still had to scrape so can I have a full list of settings please, would really help. As soon as possible aswell please.

Thanks.
I am using the latest version of emm-r on Win 7x64 with the Rogue scraper.

Whenever I scrape multiple movies, emm-r stops responding after 1-3 movies, and it is not always the same movie. Is anyone else having the same problem?

Also, I am still having the problem of only getting low-res/small posters. Is there a fix for that yet?

edit: new discovery
I just discovered that the few movies that are successfully scraped with the multi-scrape get the hi-res/large or extra large posters, but the large posters are not ever an option on a single scrape.

more info
Here is the info from win7 for when the app hangs, if that helps:

Description:
A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: AppHangB1
Application Name: Ember Media Manager.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.2411
Application Timestamp: 4d718563
Hang Signature: 19a5
Hang Type: 260
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Hang Signature 1: 19a5161205eb3f3a5790a32c45b4528d
Additional Hang Signature 2: 9e3f
Additional Hang Signature 3: 9e3f6ec9384b4767431098a9ea40e90b
Additional Hang Signature 4: d6f9
Additional Hang Signature 5: d6f9e50454148314807bc47eb0cf4ec3
Additional Hang Signature 6: 41cf
Additional Hang Signature 7: 41cf0ad5d29f2a4056a5d7d556f40919

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=1...cid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt
Hi,

im using ember since a week, because i wasnt able to scrape me shows with german plot, and also the movies scrape is better with ember, if i want the content to be german.

1. I have a general question on how you guys use ember. In a scenario where the movies are on a shared Nas, i can use any pc with ember to edit movie details etc. But if i copy a movie from another pc to this shared folder, how does ember recognize that? Do i have to start it everytime? It is better to autostart it on the same machine where xbmc is on? And if the new movie is scraped, i want it to be added automatically to xbmc.

If i would use only xbmc, the media library is updated frequently and so it would recognize new movies and automatically scrape them. I dont know how to get that "feeling" with ember.

2. How do i get trailers to work? I have enabled them, but i only got results from youtube, and if i want to download them, the field for selecting the quality is empty.

Thanks Marc
Sorry, wrong thread.
I thought I would try EMM but when I run the installation program it appears to finish the install but I have no start menu items or shortcuts and not even a folder under programs. The only thing to be found are loads of files under c:\users\xxxxx\AppData\Ember Media Manager. There isn't an uninstall option either within control panel.

What did I do wrong and how can I uninstall EMM.

Thanks

David