Kodi Community Forum
Release Eminence - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Eminence (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=213)
+---- Thread: Release Eminence (/showthread.php?tid=187071)

RE: Eminence - locomot1f - 2014-04-10

@slukin -- all of these things are available under the Skin Settings, you have to customize 'Home Tiles' yourself.
you can do a search for 'hex color codes' to find some cool palettes.

@onlinespending -- i think it might have to do with the setting under Home Tiles... do you have (X) 'Use theme color for focused tiles' ?

RE: Eminence - slukin - 2014-04-10

@onlinespending, @locomot1f....thx guys so much...I get it now...awesome!

RE: Eminence - jurialmunkey - 2014-04-11

(2014-04-10, 10:31)Krantzet Wrote: 1) xbmc crashed and restored default tiles after trying to add the favorites background widget. (I know it says experimental, but I couldnt help trying it!)

2) The only thing I really miss is a very good looking "movie browser in libary-mode" (the rest of the skin is so beautiful!). Right now i am using the List-view, but I am not completely happy about it. It looks fine until I choose to show info (from imdb), where I get unhappy. i think font size of the info is too big and I wish the fanart was more visible and also showed the dvd/br-cover in full. I guess what i am looking for is a fanart-view (because the list-view works great when i am not in libary-mode). In the past i have been using Hybdrid, and I think that view looks great. Also these pictures shows what i am looking for:
http://stiggyblog.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/screenshot006.png
http://thedigitallifestyle.com/w/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/AeonMQ5MoviesRightList1.jpg
Is it possible to implement such a feature? It would make a great skin even better!

3) Is it possible to add multiple addons to a tile in the main menu? In my case, the Favorites are used for Online TV stations (different Swedish TV-channels) and I would very much like a tile to contain a submenu (or something like it) for my other streaming services (such as Youtube, ESPN, DailyMotion)
1. What favourite did you try to add?? It has to be a favourite that is a music, video or addon path/node

2. There is an option in Skin Settings > Fanart to show more of the background fanart. But those other things wont be happening in this skin, sorry. This skin wont have any skeuomorphic elements like cases, 3d, shadows or reflections. Also all the views need to fit within the area that the lovefilm view takes up so no full-width views - this is for multiple reasons: 1. to accommodate the slide between screens; 2. to allow the arrows on the side of views (arrows will be particularly important for mouse support in the future) ; 3. the context and view menu slides out from the side so the view needs to be able to push over to fit that. Finally, the skin is designed primarily for use with a remote from the couch so if anything the text needs to be bigger, not smaller. There are plenty of amazing skins that focus on having disc-art and covers and visible fanart - so if you want those things then use one of those skins.

3. Not really possible. There is a video add-ons tile enabled by default which shows all the video add-ons. That's the best I can offer really.

(2014-04-10, 10:49)da-anda Wrote: @jurialmunkey
"pvr://recordings/-1/" is working fine on my end. I now see all recordings and no folders - awesome. The only glitch I still have is that in my case XBMC is generating the thumbnails (which is working fine in recordings view), but it seems that the widget container is not auto-updated, so on demand generated thumbs (like in case of a new recording that did not yet have a thumb) are not showing up until I re-enter PVR section and window is rebuilt. Is there something you can do about this on skin side or is it a missing feature in XBMC?
Excellent.

Yeah, thats just how the fill list function works - it only updates on window load or if the content tags change. I can think of ways to trigger the refresh, but the bigger issue is about knowing when to trigger it. Reloading it everytime the hub is focused seems a bit excessive to me. I'm not really sure what could be done about this because checking for changes on xbmc's end would cause excessive amounts of network traffic for internet plugins (e.g. filling a list from youtube trailers).

(2014-04-10, 15:51)locomot1f Wrote: how about the selected item in the 'list view'?
looks like a gif / png file.
is there a way to change that as well...?
media/common/border-inner-highlight.png

(2014-04-10, 15:52)matze276 Wrote: 1. I think the OSD could be a little more clear. Maybe you can put the "Finished at" and the current Progress "02:30 / 20:43" at the bottom or in a new line.
I had the problem that i couldn't see those infos because the title of the movie or the epg title was too long.

2. It would be nice if the EPG Channel View had more than 5 lines at one page.
1. Yeah I've noticed this as well. Not too keen on putting the info elsewhere. I'm working on a solution that will keep it in the top but limit the size of the title label. Edit... Just fixed it - title label is autosized to make sure finish time and elapsed/duration always fit.
2. I will probably change this also as I have had similar thoughts recently.

(2014-04-10, 16:10)Dievil Wrote: That will be nice Blush and how about a dedicated game section with hub like movie/tv shows.( if it is possible).
If there was some way to get a mix of random games (like a games playlist Tongue ) then I think it would be great, but I don't think there is unfortunately - so a hub would only show all the games of one section in order which defeats the purpose of the hub really.

(2014-04-10, 19:02)onlinespending Wrote: Was able to edit most everything, though the slanted tiles on the home screen don't appear to be customizable. They always remain gray. Same for some of the icons like the circular arrow icons which are gray as well. Looks like I'd have to edit those PNG files? surprised the tiles aren't handled similarly to the topbar, which is also slanted.
Home tiles are customised within the skin. Skin Settings > Home Tiles > Customise > Click the Tile > Set Colour

Also, as locomot1f said. Check that you don't have "use theme color for focused tiles" enabled -- that sets all the tiles to gray and the focused tile to whatever the highlight colour is (default theme is blue).

The arrows need to be edited manually.

RE: Eminence - da-anda - 2014-04-11

@jurialmunkey
one idea for the EPG timeline. I think that those small timer icons are barely noticed (especially when scrolling) and it might be nice to color the entire slot red or something - at least in case the slot doesn't have a genre color (never understood what those genre colors should be good for)

RE: Eminence - drago - 2014-04-11

How do you set the seasson fanart in this skin for tvshows? or is it not implemented?

One other request is to make support for Openelec configurations addon.

Otherwise I just have to say that this skin is awsome.

RE: Eminence - jskube - 2014-04-11

jurialmunkey - I like this new skin, first one to get me to move from Artic. You are one of the few skinners on here who I feel actually pays attention to the live tv section which is a big deal for me. Only small request I have is when selecting artwork is there a way to show image resolution like in Artic? This is helpful when changing movie posters and making sure I am not grabbing something that is low resolution. Other then that, awesome skin.

RE: Eminence - Krantzet - 2014-04-11

(2014-04-11, 01:19)jurialmunkey Wrote: 1. What favourite did you try to add?? It has to be a favourite that is a music, video or addon path/node

2. There is an option in Skin Settings > Fanart to show more of the background fanart. But those other things wont be happening in this skin, sorry. This skin wont have any skeuomorphic elements like cases, 3d, shadows or reflections. Also all the views need to fit within the area that the lovefilm view takes up so no full-width views - this is for multiple reasons: 1. to accommodate the slide between screens; 2. to allow the arrows on the side of views (arrows will be particularly important for mouse support in the future) ; 3. the context and view menu slides out from the side so the view needs to be able to push over to fit that. Finally, the skin is designed primarily for use with a remote from the couch so if anything the text needs to be bigger, not smaller. There are plenty of amazing skins that focus on having disc-art and covers and visible fanart - so if you want those things then use one of those skins.

1) I didnt try to add any favorite, I thought it would bring up the favourites menu as a widget. Maybe that's what I did wrong and why it crashed

2) Yeah, I found the setting for more background fanart and I really liked it better. I didnt even realise that I posted 3d and shadow pictures... that was not what I meant really. What I was searching for more like the "Recently added movies / tv-show"-view, but with a movie browsing list... http://imgur.com/sA6bBJ6
And if you dont implement that, I will still stay on this skin. I really like it! Smile

RE: Eminence - ProsjektX - 2014-04-11

(2014-04-06, 12:06)da-anda Wrote: while the new down widget is looking nice, I think I preferred the old one for it's better usability and better overview of the media. But that's just my taste.
Really like how everything is coming along, more or less perfect! but have to agree on this one that the new down widget kind of breaks the consistency in the design and feels a bit awkward to use and in terms on what you see. just my 0.02€...

RE: Eminence - jurialmunkey - 2014-04-12

(2014-04-11, 11:07)da-anda Wrote: @jurialmunkey
one idea for the EPG timeline. I think that those small timer icons are barely noticed (especially when scrolling) and it might be nice to color the entire slot red or something - at least in case the slot doesn't have a genre color (never understood what those genre colors should be good for)
I know sometimes they feel like you need some sort of guide/legend for them. They are good, however, for seeing when a block of a certain type of show ends. For example, in Australia one channel, ABC2, generally shows kids shows in the afternoon - with genre colours you can quickly see that a whole block of shows are kids shows. Same thing goes for news broadcasts or sport etc.

I do need to work on the recording icons a bit (and I need one for actual record!). I think having it red sounds good on paper but wouldn't work very well in practice. However, your idea got me thinking on another idea. What if I put a coloured triangle in the corner of the slot - it could be red for currently recording and green for timers (maybe even green for previously recorded and orange for future timers given the epg scrollback ability).

(2014-04-11, 11:13)drago Wrote: How do you set the seasson fanart in this skin for tvshows? or is it not implemented?

One other request is to make support for Openelec configurations addon.
You should be able to set season fanart by going into the tvshow and selecting the season you want and bring up the context menu ("c" on keyboard) and select "Choose art"

I don't use openelec, but I'll have a look into the addon and see what I can do.

(2014-04-11, 15:31)jskube Wrote: jurialmunkey - I like this new skin, first one to get me to move from Artic. You are one of the few skinners on here who I feel actually pays attention to the live tv section which is a big deal for me. Only small request I have is when selecting artwork is there a way to show image resolution like in Artic? This is helpful when changing movie posters and making sure I am not grabbing something that is low resolution. Other then that, awesome skin.
Thanks Smile

I'll look into it - it shouldn't be too big a deal to add I probably just left something out.

(2014-04-11, 16:06)Krantzet Wrote: 1) I didnt try to add any favorite, I thought it would bring up the favourites menu as a widget. Maybe that's what I did wrong and why it crashed

2) Yeah, I found the setting for more background fanart and I really liked it better. I didnt even realise that I posted 3d and shadow pictures... that was not what I meant really. What I was searching for more like the "Recently added movies / tv-show"-view, but with a movie browsing list... http://imgur.com/sA6bBJ6
And if you dont implement that, I will still stay on this skin. I really like it! Smile
1. Ah okay. You need script.favourites for it to work properly (you also need it for setting a tile as a favourite)
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/gotham/script.favourites/script.favourites-5.0.2.zip
It will set the path of the widget to whatever the favourite is. So for example I could go favourite a path in the youtube plugin (like say trailers) and then use it as the background widget.

2. You've actually given me a really good idea for the widget that you get when you press down. It will be customisable so you will be able to set it to the movies path if you want - I'll let you know when I've got something. Edit... Sorry, tried a few things but wasn't happy with it, going to stay is at least for the time being

(2014-04-11, 17:37)ProsjektX Wrote:
(2014-04-06, 12:06)da-anda Wrote: while the new down widget is looking nice, I think I preferred the old one for it's better usability and better overview of the media. But that's just my taste.
Really like how everything is coming along, more or less perfect! but have to agree on this one that the new down widget kind of breaks the consistency in the design and feels a bit awkward to use and in terms on what you see. just my 0.02€...
After using it a few days I'm kinda feeling in the same boat. I like how it looks but it does feel awkward to use especially for recently added episodes (just added a bunch of episodes for a show and I actually end up just going into the recently added section in the library instead - so kind of a big deal). Krantzet's post actually gave me a really good idea for it - similar to how the background widget works but with a list on the side the scrolls up and down and pressing left/right switches between different types (e.g. movies or episodes).

Edit... I tried a few things but wasn't happy with them, so its going to stay for the moment. However, I took away the sunset background so that it matches the rest of the skin better (sunset background fade still works if enabled in settings for whole skin though). Also, I made all the items customisable which makes it much more useful - I'm using it to show content from a few different video add-ons - trailers, youtube content, music video clips that sort of thing.

RE: Eminence - onlinespending - 2014-04-12

what's the preferred way to update this skin? just re-download the zip from Github and re-install within XBMC? Will this preserve settings and customizations? thanks

RE: Eminence - da-anda - 2014-04-12

works for me that way. you have to give the downloaded zip a unique name though before you install a new version.

RE: Eminence - hsus - 2014-04-13

I can't get the favorites widget to work, looking at the log file:

Code:
DEBUG: Addon plugin.video.favorites requires xbmc.python version 2.0 which is not available

Haven't been able to find a fix for this, does anyone have a solution?

I'm on a gotham nightly from 140404 on Android

EDIT
Found out that python 2.0 has been deprecated and that the latest version of the script indeed uses a newer version, this was instead an issue with xbmc not letting me install the new version over the old one

RE: Eminence - fabiomello - 2014-04-13

hi.
a bug report:
since this commit, a lot of the add-on views are broken and look completely wrong.
Quote:Apr 08, 2014 - addons set content not me - 3dab6da163

examples of add ons that got broken views after this update: TV Portuguesa (Portuguese TV), Thatguywiththeglasses.com, SteamMBC, World News Live, Newslook and a lot (a whole huge lot) of others.

watch gallery

(the 1st and the 2nd the thumb is cut out, the 3rd, fan art appears instead of the thumb)

i think reverting this commit (or adding the option to ignore add-on content set) or a wide thumbnails view would fix some of these problems.

RE: Eminence - jurialmunkey - 2014-04-13

(2014-04-13, 03:15)fabiomello Wrote: hi.
a bug report:
since this commit, a lot of the add-on views are broken and look completely wrong.
Quote:Apr 08, 2014 - addons set content not me - 3dab6da163

examples of add ons that got broken views after this update: TV Portuguesa (Portuguese TV), Thatguywiththeglasses.com, SteamMBC, World News Live, Newslook and a lot (a whole huge lot) of others.

i think reverting this commit (or adding the option to ignore add-on content set) or a wide thumbnails view would fix some of these problems.

Thanks, should be fixed now. I had some funky content conditions left over. Fallback content should be square now. Content type set to movies, tvshows, seasons or sets should use posters (and episodes use landscape). If something doesn't match this scheme for list, posters or wall now then it most likely is the addon providing the wrong content type (e.g. movies when it should be episodes).

RE: Eminence - hsus - 2014-04-13

Hmm I thought I understood what was wrong but I can't seem to get the favorites widget to work...
I'm on android, gotham nightly from 4/4. Anyone else under similar conditions got it working?

Logfile: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ru42x459hqtn5cc/xbmc.log