• 27(current)
Release Eminence
@jurialmunkey and PVR hub
well, let's add that to the G+1 (helix) version list then (xhaggy has some cleanup PRs ready already)
New down widget

This is the new down widget (pressing down from home screen). Left and right scrolls and pressing down switches between widget types - recent movies, episodes, in progress episodes and trailers. In-progress and trailers you might need to wait a few moments for them to load when switching to them.

There is also a setting in Skin Settings > Fanart > Sunset background fade. This changes the colour of the background in the skin depending on what time of day it is.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Hello Jurial, You've made a wonderful job on the last couple update. Really loving this new Down Widget. Congrats.

The ability to swap Home items is also great, however could it be possible to insert items instead of swap. For example If I want to place a new item between Movies and TV Show.

I would like to add some new icons for app like Steam or Twitch do you know a site where I could find ones that matches your skin.
Thank You.
while the new down widget is looking nice, I think I preferred the old one for it's better usability and better overview of the media. But that's just my taste.

side note: it's a little sad to see that the formerly very sleek and small in filesize skin is growing to yet another filesize monster (initially github zip had 2,4 MB, now it's already 13,4 MB).
Wow, I really like the new widget! Very cool!
Can you set to which of the 4 it starts when pressing down?

(Really liking the new light theme too Wink )
Updated the the latest git this morning, really like how this skin is coming along.

For jurialmunkey - how are plans for touch support? I know you mentioned it early on, but haven't read that you've had chance to look into it yet? The top left icon would be the perfect place for an invisible 'back' button IMO, the only other 2 things needed IMO are an invisible mouse cursor and finger scrolling.

The new down widget works very nicely IMO - although would be cool if down from TV would take to recent TV, and Movies recent movies etc.

I see there's a trailers option there too - are you planning on linking that to a trailers plugin to view new film trailers? If so - very cool Smile

(2014-04-05, 08:27)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2014-04-05, 05:43)fabiomello Wrote: using this skin as my primary one for a little more than a month and i just discovered some incredibly awesome feature that i never seen before on any skin!
using custom path, you can basically put the content of ANY online source on the background (providing it has fan art, otherwise it still works, but would show only a blackscreen with the title). it's just FANTASTIC when you use it with add ons like blip.tv, hulu or XBMCTorrents.
I know, its pretty awesome Wink

The latest git version should show the icon/thumb now if there is no fanart available.

Can you elaborate a little, I don't understand how it's supposed to work?
@Dievil - sorry but its unlikely as the limits of the skinning engine means it takes an excessive amount of code to acheive what would be a simple task for an object oriented programming language - have a look at custom_setmove.xml for what it takes just to do the swap and you'll understand.

For icons have a look at iconmonstr.com and metroicon.net

@da-anda its still there you just need to swap the window ids in custom_widgethub.xml and custom_widgethub2.xml 3101 is the window id that gets called ondown.

Dont worry about th we file size - it will go down. I just need to compress the sunset backgrounds to jpgs - I just keep every thing as pngs until finalized. I might even be able to do the colour change with a colourdiffuse - currently there are 24 images - one for each hour. Thats the majority of the file size.

@Smobbo - good idea ill add an option.

@Scottland - yeah will work on touch / mouse once every r hing else is finalised. The trailers button already works you just have to wait on it for it to load from youtube - it takes a few seconds sometimes.
jurialmunkey - while reading about the trailers widget - would it be difficult to make the trailer path configurable? I'd like to use the "filmstarts.de" addon instead of youtube to get localized trailers. I know that I could hack the skin files, but I'm more asking about a "custom trailer path" skin setting. But move that to the end of the todo list in case you think about supporting it.

edit: about the home tiles rearrange thingy - would it work with a python script and filling the home tiles with it (using <content> or something)?
(2014-04-06, 13:18)Scottland Wrote: Can you elaborate a little, I don't understand how it's supposed to work?
Basically you can set any path as a background widget. If you go to Skin Settings > General and turn on Show Debug Info then you can see the path in the top right corner. So for recent movies I just use the library path to recent movies -- videodb://recentlyaddedmovies/

So for example, if I turn on debug info then I can go into Youtube > Explore Youtube > Youtube Feeds > Trending Videos and see that the path is:
Code:
plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?feed=feed_trending&login=false&path=%2froot%2fexplore%2ffeeds%2ftrending
I can then go to Skin Settings > Home Tiles > Customise. Click on a tile and choose background widgets and the select set path and set the path to that and it will then use that youtube feed as the background widget. You can do it for basically any plugin/path that you want.

You can also use paths from here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Opening_Windows_and_Dialogs

The things that work best are things with fanart (xbmctorrent is great for this as many of the feeds have fanart like yify torrents). Things that dont work so great are ones that don't even have thumbs (e.g. genres or years isn't very good because there isn't a background to show).

(2014-04-06, 13:57)da-anda Wrote: jurialmunkey - while reading about the trailers widget - would it be difficult to make the trailer path configurable? I'd like to use the "filmstarts.de" addon instead of youtube to get localized trailers. I know that I could hack the skin files, but I'm more asking about a "custom trailer path" skin setting. But move that to the end of the todo list in case you think about supporting it.

edit: about the home tiles rearrange thingy - would it work with a python script and filling the home tiles with it (using <content> or something)?
I'm actually planning on making them all customisable.

Yeah I thought about the filling from a script -- the problem is that I made each tile as its own separate button rather than using a list control so I had a bit more control over things like animations etc (so no content tag to fill). Plus, using a script means submitting it to the repo which means another thing to maintain.
can't skins ship their own scripts? If not, we should change that.
Think I saw somewhere

Code:
RunScript(special://skin/extras/scripts/script.py)

But never tried it Smile
(2014-04-06, 13:40)jurialmunkey Wrote: @Dievil - sorry but its unlikely as the limits of the skinning engine means it takes an excessive amount of code to acheive what would be a simple task for an object oriented programming language - have a look at custom_setmove.xml for what it takes just to do the swap and you'll understand.

For icons have a look at iconmonstr.com and metroicon.net

Yeah that's what I thought, I understand.

Thank You for the icons, found what I wanted Wink
(2014-04-05, 22:49)R-max Wrote: Very impressive update i love the new colors!
Quick question when i use the fullscreen fonction with music the artwork of the album doesn't update for each song ? the infos change depending the artist even the fanart but the not the album artwork. I tried on other theme and it works.
I missed an option ?

I use spotify and airplay
Hi there! @jurialmunkey

I was wondering if it`s possible to include “Home Video Feed” like boxee inspirat skin does…it`d be awesome….loving it so much…

Thank you so much for your time and everything!
Atv2 - 4.4.4 - untethered - Helix 14.2
(2014-04-06, 15:01)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2014-04-06, 13:18)Scottland Wrote: Can you elaborate a little, I don't understand how it's supposed to work?
Basically you can set any path as a background widget. If you go to Skin Settings > General and turn on Show Debug Info then you can see the path in the top right corner. So for recent movies I just use the library path to recent movies -- videodb://recentlyaddedmovies/

So for example, if I turn on debug info then I can go into Youtube > Explore Youtube > Youtube Feeds > Trending Videos and see that the path is:
Code:
plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?feed=feed_trending&login=false&path=%2froot%2fexplore%2ffeeds%2ftrending
I can then go to Skin Settings > Home Tiles > Customise. Click on a tile and choose background widgets and the select set path and set the path to that and it will then use that youtube feed as the background widget. You can do it for basically any plugin/path that you want.

You can also use paths from here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Opening_Windows_and_Dialogs

The things that work best are things with fanart (xbmctorrent is great for this as many of the feeds have fanart like yify torrents). Things that dont work so great are ones that don't even have thumbs (e.g. genres or years isn't very good because there isn't a background to show).

That's awesome, thanks!
  • 27(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Eminence35