• 28(current)
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)
Hello ....

I don't know if it's a bug, but on my ipad, sorting Music Albums by "Recently" doen't work ...

is it normal ?

thanks
I'm very happy with XBMC Constellation, but I have some feature requests regarding music in file mode:

In the file view for audio files:
  • Show id3 tags (for instance: <track number> - <track name>, or maybe: <track number> - <artist> - <track name>, or make this configurable?)
  • Add sort options for file date (motivation: I'm always searching for the albums I most recently added, I have each album sorted in a seperate folder)

In the audio playlist:
  • Show id3 tags
  • Instead of the icon in front of each filename: show embedded image if present, or otherwise folder.jpg if present
  • Improve visibility of the currently playing item
Spider_mp3 Wrote:Hello,

I tested Constellation 1.31 and found its design and functionality awsome, so I bought the pro version. Everything was working correctly, except that no movies were displayed on Constellation. TV Shows and Music were shown correctly though.

So, I installed upgrade 1.4.1 and 1.4.2 on my ipad (running iOS 4.2.1). Now, a few seconds after starting Constellation, the application crashes and exits. This occurs on both versions (1.4.1 and 1.4.2).

I am running Dharma 10.1 (no nightly builds) and my databases are quite big (3500 movies, 170 TV Shows, 4800 music albuns). I think the problem lies on my movies database. I have read somewhere about problems with illegal characters... The problem is, I have no idea how to troubleshoot it.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
Spider

Some additional information about the problem described above. I have installed Constellation 1.4.2 on my iPhone 4 (iOS 4.3.5) and it worked flawlessly with my XBMC database. On the iPhone, all my 3500 movies are displayed, and Constallation didn't crash. But, when trying to use Constellation 1.4.2 on my iPad 1 (iOS 4.2.1), it always crashes after a few seconds.

FSS Dawis, any idea what could be the problem?

Thanks,
Spider
Any chance on getting this running on Android? Just bought a tab 10.1 and I saw this on my friend's ipad. If there are no plans for android, I may have to make my own uber remote Oo. This thing is just chock full of pure inspiration.
I just wanted to hear the music in the iphone xbmc iqual the trailers and youtube videos.
Hi Guys,

just purchased the pro version of this great program and have a few question, hope some one can help me with

1. when in the actors view, if i click a actor is something supposed to happen? at the moment nothing is, but having said that clicking the actors in XBMC is broken at the moment , Not sure if its down to pre-eden or MQ3, so would that be linked ?
  2. also when I click the IMDB link when in a movie details view I get "can't launch imdb application" , should I have a plug-in installed in XBMC for this to work ?
  3. DTS Master audio tag does not show in movie details view only 5.1
  4. when I have something playing what are the 2 icons in the now playing/remote drop down on the right hand side , for me they do nothing
  5. why do some You Tube clips fail to play on the ipad when I select play locally? Presuming this is Ipad related
  6. could you put a launch XBMC button in the config drop down list, for occasions when it's not running
  7. And just as a wish, would it be possible to extend the remote area down to the bottom and add more button, I am sure people would have some input as to what button they would like to see

Think that's it for now Big Grin

Thanks
I just downloaded the free version to try out before I buy. I really want to control the plugins & scripts such as pandora and as far as I can tell this is the only xbmc remote software that might be able to do it.

After running thru all the modes (movie, music, pictures, etc) I find that I am unable to view any of my pictures (.jpg). I get a xmbc playback error. Also in the music section when I play a song (it works) but i get the spinning loading icon at the top where it looks like it supposed to load album art or something. It never goes away.

Does anybody else have these problems? I want to buy this app for the plugin/script control but if its still this buggy I'll wait.

Great start tho. Smile
i ran into an issue in the remote view.. when in remote view the app hangs/crashes when i try to pull up the keyboard.
I would like to make a simple request, a button to change the screen resolution would be great ....
Great App! Wondering if it is possible to scroll all the way back to the top when scrolling through your movies list. Please let me know Smile This is on an iPad 2 and the normal touch of the top time bar does not scroll to the top as most apps do in IOS.

Thank a lot ,

Kewlj1313
lestat1977uk Wrote:Is it me or does pressing update video library not work?
The JSON RPC Interface is still under development and the latest changes broke the library update buttons... This will be fixed in the next relese

iorifly Wrote:I got a way to open the iphone by using xbmc eventghost and grace, by own eventghost + eventweb

We will be working to fully support event ghost on windows.

mardup Wrote:Hello ....

I don't know if it's a bug, but on my ipad, sorting Music Albums by "Recently" doen't work ...

is it normal ?

thanks

Well it's a bug. Will be fixed in the new version

eriksmith200 Wrote:I'm very happy with XBMC Constellation, but I have some feature requests regarding music in file mode:

In the file view for audio files:
  • Show id3 tags (for instance: <track number> - <track name>, or maybe: <track number> - <artist> - <track name>, or make this configurable?)
  • Add sort options for file date (motivation: I'm always searching for the albums I most recently added, I have each album sorted in a seperate folder)

In the audio playlist:
  • Show id3 tags
  • Instead of the icon in front of each filename: show embedded image if present, or otherwise folder.jpg if present
  • Improve visibility of the currently playing item

We will see what can be done but to get the audio tags out of the files we would have to download each file to the device and get the tags... witch would couse big performance problems

plight Wrote:Any chance on getting this running on Android? Just bought a tab 10.1 and I saw this on my friend's ipad. If there are no plans for android, I may have to make my own uber remote Oo. This thing is just chock full of pure inspiration.

Well we are thinking it the future to port this project for Blackberry Play book wich means that we will be able to do a android version also

m0v1em4n Wrote:Hi Guys,

just purchased the pro version of this great program and have a few question, hope some one can help me with

1. when in the actors view, if i click a actor is something supposed to happen? at the moment nothing is, but having said that clicking the actors in XBMC is broken at the moment , Not sure if its down to pre-eden or MQ3, so would that be linked ?
  2. also when I click the IMDB link when in a movie details view I get "can't launch imdb application" , should I have a plug-in installed in XBMC for this to work ?
  3. DTS Master audio tag does not show in movie details view only 5.1
  4. when I have something playing what are the 2 icons in the now playing/remote drop down on the right hand side , for me they do nothing
  5. why do some You Tube clips fail to play on the ipad when I select play locally? Presuming this is Ipad related
  6. could you put a launch XBMC button in the config drop down list, for occasions when it's not running
  7. And just as a wish, would it be possible to extend the remote area down to the bottom and add more button, I am sure people would have some input as to what button they would like to see

Think that's it for now Big Grin

Thanks
*IMDB --> You have to install the imdb app from appstore.
*2 icons in the now playing/remote drop down on the right hand side --> Download subtitle (requieres XBMC Subtitles) second one switching subtitles...
*why do some You Tube clips fail --> Encoding Problem on the youtube stream when you start dose movies in the nativ youtube app you will get also a problem... This will be fixed in IOS 5
*could you put a launch XBMC button --> WIll come with Event ghost support
*nd just as a wish, would it be possible to extend the remote area down --> We will support custom buttons in the future this will probably be implemented with event gost

mrfatboy Wrote:I just downloaded the free version to try out before I buy. I really want to control the plugins & scripts such as pandora and as far as I can tell this is the only xbmc remote software that might be able to do it.

After running thru all the modes (movie, music, pictures, etc) I find that I am unable to view any of my pictures (.jpg). I get a XBMC playback error. Also in the music section when I play a song (it works) but i get the spinning loading icon at the top where it looks like it supposed to load album art or something. It never goes away.

Does anybody else have these problems? I want to buy this app for the plugin/script control but if its still this buggy I'll wait.

Great start tho. Smile
We are currently working on the picture player. It will be in app with the next release.

rlphrts Wrote:i ran into an issue in the remote view.. when in remote view the app hangs/crashes when i try to pull up the keyboard.
IOS 5 bug... Will be fixed when apple allows us to submit IOS 5. apps

iorifly Wrote:I would like to make a simple request, a button to change the screen resolution would be great ....
I don't know if this is possible but I will check Smile

Kewlj1313 Wrote:Great App! Wondering if it is possible to scroll all the way back to the top when scrolling through your movies list. Please let me know Smile This is on an iPad 2 and the normal touch of the top time bar does not scroll to the top as most apps do in IOS.

Thank you,

Kewlj1313

We will have that in mind for future releases

Regards
Originally Posted by iorifly
I would like to make a simple request, a button to change the screen resolution would be great ....
FSS_Dawid,

I don't know if this is possible but I will check

friend, also using a Phillips 5100 that has control keys mapped the xbmc, I have a button on it to change for various resolutions of 1080x1920 for xbmc supports ...
would be great .. ta missing it and call the xbmc I leave for the 5100 ...
I just moved from WMC purely for this app, one thing I found hard to use was though in xbmc was playlists in neon theme, I dn know how to save my listed songs.

However, the add item to audio list is awesome, can you please add a save playlist button? Make my life very easy.

Once again, awesome app.

Thanks
Thanks Dawid

for your replies , look forwards to the Event Ghost integration , keep up the good work
dallasf Wrote:I just moved from WMC purely for this app, one thing I found hard to use was though in xbmc was playlists in neon theme, I dn know how to save my listed songs.

However, the add item to audio list is awesome, can you please add a save playlist button? Make my life very easy.

Once again, awesome app.

Thanks

Sure I think we can even squeeze that in to the next release.

iorifly Wrote:Originally Posted by iorifly
FSS_Dawid,

I don't know if this is possible but I will check

friend, also using a Phillips 5100 that has control keys mapped the xbmc, I have a button on it to change for various resolutions of 1080x1920 for xbmc supports ...
would be great .. ta missing it and call the xbmc I leave for the 5100 ...
I will try to figure something out with the resolution / audio language buttons

m0v1em4n Wrote:Thanks Dawid

for your replies , look forwards to the Event Ghost integration , keep up the good work
Np. I will inform you when we are going to release the version with event ghost.
  • 28(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)5