Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
(2015-09-24, 11:46)3dgeek Wrote: To show menus you need a licence - and with the licence comes Cinavia.

Therefore no 3D-able players show BD menu anymore. You can get older players that still do for 2D-

There are also hacks for some Blu-Ray players that make it possible to have a Menu and ISO - but obviously not legally.
Uh, I'm still missing something here. Are saying it's technically impossible to show menus without a license? I'm pretty sure that's not the case. AFAIK, if you want to sell a Blu-Ray player and use the various Blu-Ray logos and trademarks if has to be licensed or you get sued by the BDA. However, Kodi's not a Blu-Ray player. There's no optical drive and it's not advertised as a Blu-Ray player.

Besides, isn't libbluray making decent progress with menu support? Are you saying that Kodi can't integrate libbluray's menu support without a becoming a licensed BD player by the BDA? Of course becoming a licensed BD player is impossible because Kodi is open source and the Cinavia detection algorithm would have to comply with the GPL. This would make it trivial to remove it from the code and recompile Kodi, or to see what exactly the Cinavia detection algorithm is looking for in the audio which will help anyone trying to remove Cinavia considerably.

Also, doesn't VLC has "experimental" BD menu support courtesy of libbluray? I haven't tried it, but I've seen reports it works. AFAIK, they don't have a license.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Player Choices with Kodi + Full 3D + HD Audio - by Stereodude - 2015-09-24, 14:17
Himedia Q5 Pro - by wild nine - 2016-07-16, 01:15
Kodi coming to Xbox One - by woodpost - 2017-02-09, 01:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17