Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
(2015-12-09, 01:37)hdmkv Wrote: So, I also got the Venz V8 TLBB OpenELEC box today, and... sadly, no HD audio and no 3D as promised. In contact with Venz to find out what's up. I have a box just out of factory production in China, so they may not have pushed latest update(s) necessary. At least, I hope so as this would be another bust. They're using a heavily customized version of OpenELEC & Kodi, maybe less so from a/v functionality end, but definitely from look/feel & settings end.
That confirms what I saw on their supposed GitHub account, no HD and no 3D. It was all Skin modifications. If the box you have is their commercial release device then it is a case of more false advertising and frankly the Kodi and wider community deserve better. We actually have to stop giving these types of devices free advertising. Its all bullshit.

https://github.com/J1nx-Hackable-Gadgets.../spartacus
If this is the correct link Venz have given us. I am going to ask again if you could ask Venz for the correct code for GPL compliance. The stuff I saw had a last commit dated mid August and looks hopelessly out of date.

Whilst we are on the GPL subject, your chart contains incorrect information and paints MINIX's U1 in an unfair light as you lump it in with VidOn.
This new MINIX device uses no VidON code that I know of. They use a custom MINIX edition of XBMC and the source code for that is freely available as Koying is the Author. This will be where their HD Audio stuff is coming from, I've seen it. The old NEO X-8H+ had an option to purchase a GPL Violating - VidOn edition of XBMC. This is where the confusion and mis-information is stemming from.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Media Player Choices with Kodi + Full 3D + HD Audio - by wrxtasy - 2015-12-09, 03:46
Himedia Q5 Pro - by wild nine - 2016-07-16, 01:15
Kodi coming to Xbox One - by woodpost - 2017-02-09, 01:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17