Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
@ hdmkv

Could you please add a column about correct PGS subtitle displayment when playing 3D Bluray ISO’s.
Not displaying them in the correct 3D plane ruins the 3d viewing experience.

I am Dutch and my family member’s needs subtitles. The foreign movies are not foreseen with a Dutch voice over like they do (and ruin the movies) in other countries like France, Spain, Germany, China, Russia etc.
Maybe that’s why this issue is still not addressed. It also seems that the chip makers like Sigma, Realtek, are not willing to change the SDK that is needed for this function. Maybe the Chinese are too lazy, incompetent or uninterested to implement this and rather wait for someone to do so and then copy the code Tongue.

Anyway I can’t blame the vendors selling the boxes they seem to need a SDK to be able to implement this. Unfortunately they don’t tell us either if this problem exists.

All latest Android media players I know of and tested do not display the subtitles correctly, unfortunately also the Himedia Q5 can be added on the list.

Working:
Mede8er x3d / 3D Bluray ISO (unfortunately network interface to slow to stream.)
Vidon Box Allwinner / 3D Bluray ISO

Not working as of 20-12-2105:
Himedia Q5
Himedia Q10
Mede8er x3d / 3D MVC MKV (No implementation for internal or external subs to bring them closer)
Tronsmart Vega / 3D Bluray ISO
Zidoo X6 Pro / 3D Bluray ISO / 3D MVC MKV (does not seem to work with KODI Stereoscopic depth)
A400 / 3D Bluray ISO
VTEN / 3D Bluray ISO
Zappitti 4K / 3D Bluray ISO
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER
INTEL DN2820FYKH NUC 2D/3D WINDOWS
ACER HD9500BD / MARANTZ SR7009 ATMOS 7.1.4

Messages In This Thread
RE: Media Player Choices with Kodi + Full 3D + HD Audio - by opeters - 2015-12-20, 13:50
Himedia Q5 Pro - by wild nine - 2016-07-16, 01:15
Kodi coming to Xbox One - by woodpost - 2017-02-09, 01:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17