Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
(2016-01-09, 18:37)noggin Wrote:
(2016-01-09, 18:09)Shasarak Wrote: The Raspberry Pi 2 is an interesting option, but I'm worried by the comment at the start of the thread about it dropping frames and having problems with high bitrates.

If you are playing conventional Blu-ray stuff you'll almost certainly be OK. The Pi 2 is pretty close to perfect with Blu-ray content (including 3D MVC - though a couple of ISOs may need remuxing to MKV) Most frame drops are caused by WiFI, Powerline networking or otherwise throttled network connectivity, though NFS is usually preferable to SMB, and local storage ideal.
I would be using wired Ethernet. (My BT Home Hub 5 isn't the best Ethernet router/switch in the world, but it's okay. Supports gigabit Ethernet, anyway.) Setting up NFS folders isn't a problem - I've had to do that to feed the Mede8er already. Remuxing to .MKV is usually not a problem - in fact I prefer it to raw .ISO as it takes up less space. But I haven't yet had to deal with a disk that makes serious use of seamless branching; I'm not sure how complex that will be.

As for "conventional blu-ray stuff", I don't know: I would be using it exclusively for 3D blu-ray rips - anything else my Oppo 105D can stream all by itself (and play HD audio without any trouble).

Messages In This Thread
RE: Media Player Choices with Kodi + Full 3D + HD Audio - by User 309201 - 2016-01-09, 20:00
Himedia Q5 Pro - by wild nine - 2016-07-16, 01:15
Kodi coming to Xbox One - by woodpost - 2017-02-09, 01:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17