Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
(2016-02-12, 03:34)alanisrox69 Wrote: What's the difference if I use Kodi? Any?
Because Kodi is the best app to manage your TV/movie files. With the HiMedia wrapper most videos when selected for playback will actually play via HiSilicon player instead, which is better on this chip/box than Kodi. You can still use Kodi for any video you want... just highlight video/title, bring up context menu and choose 'Play using' to select Kodi's dvdplayer or videoplayer.

(2016-02-12, 07:00)alanisrox69 Wrote: Edit Note: I noticed my Q5 came with some Chinese apps installed, KPTV, Shafta Market, and another app. I uninstalled all 3. When I go to About, it says Model: Q5EN.2001 , so I am assuming I have the English box?
Oops, you have the Chinese-branded, Asia market version of Q5. Firmwares between this & English are different, and you can't crossflash as far as I'm aware. Actually I'm not even sure if your Q5 is the 4K3D (current-gen) version. BTW, the wrapper I mentioned is different for the Chinese version as well... try Googling as I don't know where you'd find it. Maybe here, using Google translator.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kodi Media Player Options with Full 3D & HD Audio - by hdmkv - 2016-02-12, 15:03
Himedia Q5 Pro - by wild nine - 2016-07-16, 01:15
Kodi coming to Xbox One - by woodpost - 2017-02-09, 01:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17