Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
(2016-02-16, 19:05)aaron.fritz Wrote: The reason for 3D failing at home is a couple of things

1. Sales of 3d titles have been very low. I have seen blu-ray 3d reports and its not the greatest. I think this is due to the higher 3D price on some blu-rays.

This is completely on the studios. I've seen and held in my own hands Blu-ray 3D titles with Blu-ray only discs, DVD discs and digital copy codes for $10 or even less. I have held in my hands a disc that plays BOTH 2D and 3D. Yet studios continue to put out 3D only discs, multi-disc packs and want to charge a premium. If EVERY movie released was 3D/2D and the price was no different than what a 2D only movie release was then sales wouldn't be "low" because then ALL sales would be low. 100% on the studios for clogging the marketplace with far too many options and purposely trying to earn extra instead of making it easier for consumers to obtain the format. Just like it's 100% on the studios that DVD is still king of physical media. At least they seem to have seen the light and aren't including DVD coasters in 4K discs for now, even with the even higher premium (and no 3D for 3D films).

(2016-02-16, 19:05)aaron.fritz Wrote: 2. Technology side. No matter what tv I look at there is crosstalk/ghosting. While some people don't see it there brain does which leads some users to eye fatigue. Only 3d I have seen that is decent is on a dlp projector.

100% on the manufactures for rushing 3D to market, telling everyone how great it was and then charging over $100 per pair of active glasses instead of building better technology. 3D was the buzz word, like 4K is now that people wanted to brag about owning.

Every 4K TV has the ability to display full 1080p 3D passively with cheap (or even free) glasses. Every 3D Blu-ray disc has the ability to be played in 2D. These reasons for failing are 100% due to the greed of manufactures and studios. Their reasons for saying sales are low is their own fault. And now they want to push the premium of 4K without the tech being there yet and consumers unwilling to pay more for Blu-ray because they still have the option to buy DVD or stream.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kodi Media Player Options with Full 3D & HD Audio - by Dave the Minion - 2016-02-17, 03:25
Himedia Q5 Pro - by wild nine - 2016-07-16, 01:15
Kodi coming to Xbox One - by woodpost - 2017-02-09, 01:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17