Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
(2016-11-30, 13:16)axlt2002 Wrote:
(2016-11-30, 13:05)Wintermute0110 Wrote: You create a LNK launcher. You create a couple of directores, for example e:/LNK-roms and e:/LNK-assets. In the former directory, you place a LNK file pointing to the executable of your game. To create the LNK file, navigate to the game EXE, then drag and drop, click on "Create shortcut". You create one LNK per game. Then, in AEL you create a new Launcher, select LNK launcher, as the ROMs folder point to e:/LNK-roms and as the asset folder point to e:/LNK-assets.

Also, thanks for the link about Mimic skin Big Grin Adding a menu entry and a widget for AEL is a first step. I hope Braz will make some views for AEL to display metadata and more artwork and top of icon and fanart.

EDIT: forgot to say... scrapers are fully available for "LNK ROMs". As platform, you can select "Microsoft Windows" or "Microsoft MS-DOS". It is important to choose the correct plaform when using the scrapers or otherwise wrong results will be returned by the searches (actually, the platform is exclusively used by the scrapers, both metadata offline and metadata/asset online). Scrapers should also work well for launchers, if there is any problem with the scrapers just tell me and I will have a look.

Thanks a lot for your prompt feedback! I will made this "exercise" then... Nod

Ok, it seems that I'm missing something...I would be really happy if you can help me.

I have the following folders structure:

E:\Giochi\Advanced Emulator Launcher
E:\Giochi\Pro Evolution Soccer 2017
E:\Giochi\The Waking Dead Michonne
E:\Giochi\Tomb Raider

In Advanced Emulator Launcher folder I have the .lnk files (they work correctly if clicked from Explorer), the .nfo files and all the sub-folders for the assets/artworks (actually I only use frontbox and fanart). The games are installed in the related folders.

As an example, in Advance Emulator Launcher folder I have the file "Pro Evolution Soccer 2017.lnk" (pointing at "E:\Giochi\Pro Evolution Soccer 2017\PES2017.exe"), the file "Pro Evolution Soccer 2017.nfo", in sub-folder boxfront the file "Pro Evolution Soccer 2017.jpg" and in sub-folder fanart the file "Pro Evolution Soccer 2017.jpg".

Inside AEL I have created in the root a new LNK Launcher called "Windows Games". After that I have added the games using the scan function: the result is that all the games are correctly added including the related informations.

The problem is that I'm not able to launch any game, receving the message "Launching app not found lnk_launcher_app". At this link you can find the log.

I'm really looking forward for your kind help. Thanks in advance!
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
In case you found useful my work, feel free to offer me a cappuccino!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - by axlt2002 - 2016-12-05, 15:04
Can You create A Sub Category? - by Wild_Tom - 2020-07-13, 04:43
Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-11-29, 02:25
RE: Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-12-19, 00:19
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi12