4K HDR10 - State of Play - important media player limitations - LAST UPDATE sept 2020
Simply = an integrated Wireless remote so no more missed button pressings. And if it's DIY = set (settings) once and forget for auto everything.
I get this with LibreELEC on the MINIX U9.
It also has HDMI-CEC control so when I turn the U9 - OFF / ON with the Wireless remote it also turns the TV and AVR - OFF / ON. Works nicely for me.

Intel has no HDMI-CEC control out of the box, but it will be a faster device if you use a SSD and DDR4 RAM. You pay for the privilege.
Intel Windows Kodi would give you what you want, I'm unsure of Intel HD audio passthrough status with Linux or LibreELEC these days.
The Intel Gemini Lake thread would have more info about this.

If it's Plug n (networked) Play you want get a ATV 4K = excellent picture quality, a really slick, family friendly, easy to use GUI and Apps like MrMC of Infuse will give you what you want.
Your DTS-HD capable AVR should easily be able to handle this with the ATV 4K:
5.1 DD/DTS & 7.1 HD audio is loslessly (bit perfect) decoding into 5.1 / 7.1 - 24bit 48kHz LPCM for no loss in Audio quality or downmixed into 5.1 DD

Messages In This Thread
RE: 4K HDR10 - State of Play thread - important media player limitations. - by wrxtasy - 2018-05-31, 06:13
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
4K HDR10 - State of Play - important media player limitations - LAST UPDATE sept 20209