4K HDR10 - State of Play - important media player limitations - LAST UPDATE sept 2020
(2018-08-08, 05:53)Mount81 Wrote: Fire TV as decent hardware? Hmm, interesting, decent for what? And far as I know HDR is still not supported on any device with KODI.
 Any device that can do HEVC 4k@60Hz is decent in my book, especially at the price point. Now throw in Netflix, Amazon VOD, DirecTV Now and SlingTV capabilities - it's more than decent for almost anybody at $35. Yes, sale price, but $70 is still way cheaper if one doesn't need all the power (and awkward looking box) of Shield.

What device you consider decent? My far more expensive (and power hungry) HTPC (i5 6500/16g) used to struggle with 4K until I added a GTX 1050. Others have already responded on the devices supporting HDR and I'd add that I have been enjoying 4K HDR for almost a year with Kodi DSPlayer build. That was the whole purpose of getting the 1050. The main point of FTV would be to make it more wife friendly to avoid support calls while I am traveling.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 4K HDR10 - State of Play thread - important media player limitations. - by rexian - 2018-08-08, 23:03
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
4K HDR10 - State of Play - important media player limitations - LAST UPDATE sept 20209