4K HDR10 - State of Play - important media player limitations - LAST UPDATE sept 2020
Hello!
I've been doing some digging lately. I'm trying to figure out if some device-software would be able to play 4k UHD .iso files with menus.
I'm well aware Kodi can read the movie from any .iso file, Blu-ray and UHD alike but not the menus and interactivity.

As far as I know, only Cyberlink PowerDVD (or Arcsoft) on Windows is able to playback Blu-rays and 4K Blu-rays on both discs and iso form the correct way with the menus etc...

I've seen a lot of forum posts stating it's not possible on Android and Linux based OS, but they're mostly 2-3 years old.

Just wondering if there is an update or a glimpse of hope on the subject matter?

PS: I'm considering the nvidia shield for my media center, connected to a NAS containing all my movies, among which quite a fair amount of Blu-Rays I ripped with great interactivity and special features I'd love to replay.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 4K HDR10 - State of Play thread - important media player limitations. - by macromaster - 2020-09-11, 13:49
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
4K HDR10 - State of Play - important media player limitations - LAST UPDATE sept 20209