Win HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi
(2016-05-05, 00:34)Warner306 Wrote:
(2016-05-04, 19:15)HTFanatic Wrote: Onto the Keyboard.xml:

So, I created a keyboard.xml and placed it the correct directory (I made sure that the file is saved as a .xml and NOT as a .txt)
and I added the below lines to it:

<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<m>SendClick(Videos,10)</m>
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>

Then I save it and exited the xml file.

Then I open up my MyHarmony.com account and chose the "MCE Remote" device and went into "Button" programming mode. and programmed one of my "colored" buttons at the bottom of the Harmony remote to the letter "M". Then I synced my remote and then clicked the colored button I programmed on the Harmony remote and nothing happened.

Any ideas what I did wrong?

No idea, actually. It could be the skin you are using has a different number for that window. Try Aeon Nox 5 or Aeon Nox Silvo. Navigate to the videos section and press "m." The library should cycle between watched, unwatched and all videos.

This thread has more information: 94925 (thread).

Also, make sure the key "m" isn't repeated elsewhere in your keymap.

More info on built-in controls here: http://kodi.wiki/view/List_of_Built_In_C...deoNav.xml.

Thanks. Yes, "M" is not in the keymap anywhere or in that keyboard.xml file anywhere.

I just though of an idea and I am going to try it tonight.

Can I create a completely separate "Activity" which will require me to obviously leave all of my Devices on for my my "Kodi" activity, which will be a separate "Activity" that goes
directly into Kodi's "Movie" database display? All I have to do then is figure out the Action command/Shortcut to the Kodi "Movie" list.

Is this possible or is this considered a "Macro" and therefore beyond the scope of this Thread/Guide?

Or are my only option to get past the "Home Screen" into any of its options (such as "Movies" or "Settings" etc) to add the following to my XML file and then
program a certain button on the Harmony Ultimate remote itself to the shortcut "Letter" assigned to whatever action I want in the XML file below?

<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<o>ActivateWindow(Videos,MovieTitles)</o>
<i>ActivateWindow(Videos,TVShowTitles)</i>
<l>ActivateWindow(Music,Artists)</l>
<j>ActivateWindow(Settings)</j>
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>

Messages In This Thread
RE: HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi - by HTFanatic - 2016-05-05, 17:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi6