Duration                               : 1 h 49 min
Format                                 : HEVC
Bit rate                                 : 14.2 Mb/s
Width                                   : 3 840 pixels
Height                                  : 1 598 pixels
Frame rate mode              : Constant
Frame rate                            : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
Color space                           : YUV
Chroma subsampling          : 4:2:0 (Type 2)
Bit depth                               : 10 bits
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)                  : 0.097
Stream size                            : 10.9 GiB (59%)
Writing library                        : x265

Kodi 18.9 default set-up, this 4K video played out from my smb: network on an Amazon Firestick 4K to my LG 1080p TV (feb 2021) This link might layout some of the specs that concern. Of course my TV doesn't have  UHD nor 4K the Fire-stick/TV handled it all.

enjoy.
(2021-02-18, 20:45)PatK Wrote:
(2021-02-18, 20:12)wakimoxi Wrote: Can anyone confirm
File size                                : 18.6 GiB
Duration                               : 1 h 49 min
Format                                 : HEVC
Bit rate                                 : 14.2 Mb/s
Width                                   : 3 840 pixels
Height                                  : 1 598 pixels
Frame rate mode              : Constant
Frame rate                            : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
Color space                           : YUV
Chroma subsampling          : 4:2:0 (Type 2)
Bit depth                               : 10 bits
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)                  : 0.097
Stream size                            : 10.9 GiB (59%)
Writing library                        : x265

Kodi 18.9 default set-up, this 4K video played out from my smb: network on an Amazon Firestick 4K to my LG 1080p TV (feb 2021) This link might layout some of the specs that concern. Of course my TV doesn't have  UHD nor 4K the Fire-stick/TV handled it all.

enjoy.

Thank you so much for your fast reply!
I was asking for Hi10P files, which seems that there are unknowed on the net. I'm looking for a box which would be capable of play these kind of files and I'm wondering if the Fire Stick 4k could be this box.
FTW: High 10 Profile (Hi10P, 110) Going beyond typical mainstream consumer product capabilities, this profile builds on top of the High Profile, adding support for up to 10 bits per sample of decoded picture precision. 10 bit is a sample bit depth precision ranging from 8 to 14 bits per sample of the frame. what are you looking for, I've already posted references to 10 bit with a fire-stick, further posted links to 'state of play' for most of these streamers.

Unless you're looking for broadcast quality equipment?
(2021-02-18, 21:30)wakimoxi Wrote: Thank you so much for your fast reply!
I was asking for Hi10P files, which seems that there are unknowed on the net. I'm looking for a box which would be capable of play these kind of files and I'm wondering if the Fire Stick 4k could be this box.

I'm going from memory, having tested this a long time ago. The Fire Stick 4K could play some/most 720p hi10p test files but none of the 1080p test files.
(2021-02-19, 00:12)PatK Wrote: FTW: High 10 Profile (Hi10P, 110) Going beyond typical mainstream consumer product capabilities, this profile builds on top of the High Profile, adding support for up to 10 bits per sample of decoded picture precision. 10 bit is a sample bit depth precision ranging from 8 to 14 bits per sample of the frame. what are you looking for, I've already posted references to 10 bit with a fire-stick, further posted links to 'state of play' for most of these streamers.

I have a lot of content in this type of file, most of them are Anime and animated comics. I'm looking for something that's capable of play them without transcoding. I don't know if this Fire Stick could be or not.  Sleepy Sleepy
(2021-02-19, 00:31)averylinden Wrote:

I'm going from memory, having tested this a long time ago. The Fire Stick 4K could play some/most 720p hi10p test files but none of the 1080p test files.
If I'll give you a sample, could you check it??  Big Grin
AVC 10-bit has to be software decoded, and the Fire stick has a weak CPU so...

Same story with VC-1.
(2021-02-19, 02:04)wakimoxi Wrote:

I'm sure if you post a link to a short sample someone would be able to test it.
(2021-02-19, 02:04)wakimoxi Wrote:

Go for it. Somebody will test it if I don't get to it first.
(2021-02-19, 02:03)wakimoxi Wrote:
(2021-02-19, 00:12)PatK Wrote: FTW: High 10 Profile (Hi10P, 110) Going beyond typical mainstream consumer product capabilities, this profile builds on top of the High Profile, adding support for up to 10 bits per sample of decoded picture precision. 10 bit is a sample bit depth precision ranging from 8 to 14 bits per sample of the frame. what are you looking for, I've already posted references to 10 bit with a fire-stick, further posted links to 'state of play' for most of these streamers.

I have a lot of content in this type of file, most of them are Anime and animated comics. I'm looking for something that's capable of play them without transcoding. I don't know if this Fire Stick could be or not.  Sleepy Sleepy

The only Hi10 h.264 hardware decode chipsets that I'm aware of are some of the RockChip range - which has some support in LibreElec.  However some of the more powerful ARM SoCs without hardware decode are able to software decode Hi10 1080p stuff these days.  

The most powerful ARM SoCs at the moment are things like the N2/N2+ (based on the AMLogic S922X) range from ODroid and the Apple TV 4K (that doesn't run Kodi, but does run a fork of it called MrMC which has Python Add-on support removed to comply with Apple App Store policies).  I'd get people to test those too.
Which is the current Matrix test build we should be using on the Firestick?
(2021-02-19, 21:50)Wagg Wrote: Which is the current Matrix test build we should be using on the Firestick?

No test build necessary, as the release version is now available here:
https://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/android/arm/
Thank you to everyone! I've read all your replys and now I know what I have to buy with accuracy.  Laugh
(2021-02-18, 15:06)risetown Wrote: I forgot to add in my original post that my home server is a pretty old QNAP system, that is connected via SMB. Based on some of the comments here.. I have a good feeling this Ethernet adapter should solve my issue 🤞

I don't know about the Fire Stick, but other devices running Kodi on Linux or Android pull data from SMB far less efficiently than they can from NFS. SMB can seriously choke your bandwidth.
(2021-02-18, 20:12)wakimoxi Wrote: Can anyone confirm if it is possible to watch this kind of file?

Hi10P? I seriously doubt it. You might try an Apple TV 4K - even that has to decode Hi10P in software, but the CPU is powerful enough that it has a chance of being able to do it successfully.
  • 104(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2018 - Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K3