• 140(current)
Release Arctic: Zephyr
I love the skin, and I've been doing some customizing to make it suit my preferences. What I can't find is a way to turn off the full-screen description (Title, episode, description) that pops up after a second when scrolling through a list of movies or episodes. It is useful, especially on smaller screens, but I'd prefer to long-press and get additional info rather than have the full screen description pop up on automatically. Any advice?
Dead-thread Necromancer!

Mac Mini (mid-2011) • 2.3GHz Intel Core i5 • 8Gb RAM • OS X 10.9.5 • TVMC 14.2
Raspberry Pi 2 • OpenELEC 6.0
(2016-01-20, 17:07)sprale Wrote: I love the skin, and I've been doing some customizing to make it suit my preferences. What I can't find is a way to turn off the full-screen description (Title, episode, description) that pops up after a second when scrolling through a list of movies or episodes. It is useful, especially on smaller screens, but I'd prefer to long-press and get additional info rather than have the full screen description pop up on automatically. Any advice?

You can toggle this on or off in: Settings> Skin Settings> Furniture> untick 'Show plot info after 3 second delay' right at the bottom of the list. Hope that helps. Wink
(2016-01-20, 17:10)Hustler1337 Wrote:
(2016-01-20, 17:07)sprale Wrote: I love the skin, and I've been doing some customizing to make it suit my preferences. What I can't find is a way to turn off the full-screen description (Title, episode, description) that pops up after a second when scrolling through a list of movies or episodes. It is useful, especially on smaller screens, but I'd prefer to long-press and get additional info rather than have the full screen description pop up on automatically. Any advice?

You can toggle this on or off in: Settings> Skin Settings> Furniture> untick 'Show plot overlay after 3 second delay' right at the bottom of the list. Hope that helps. Wink

Thanks! I had a hard time figuring out what Furniture meant, or what the info feature could have been called.
Dead-thread Necromancer!

Mac Mini (mid-2011) • 2.3GHz Intel Core i5 • 8Gb RAM • OS X 10.9.5 • TVMC 14.2
Raspberry Pi 2 • OpenELEC 6.0

On the similar lines, I like this info overlay as it provides a very clean view for plot outline while browsing through movies. But I don't like how it opens automatically. What I would like to do is, map a dedicated key to see this overlay while browsing. For example, I can map "o" key for info overlay (similar to "i" key for information"). Is there a way to invoke the "info overlay" on button press? If so, what command I should be mapping to the button?
I've been a long time Kodi/XBMC user, and this is the skin that made me stop looking for another skin. By far the best and cleanest looking skin. Great work.Nod
(2016-01-21, 00:07)DeadDuck Wrote:

On the similar lines, I like this info overlay as it provides a very clean view for plot outline while browsing through movies. But I don't like how it opens automatically. What I would like to do is, map a dedicated key to see this overlay while browsing. For example, I can map "o" key for info overlay (similar to "i" key for information"). Is there a way to invoke the "info overlay" on button press? If so, what command I should be mapping to the button?
SetFocus(9601)

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2190238
(2016-01-21, 08:01)braz Wrote: SetFocus(9601)

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2190238

Thanks a lot @braz, that worked beautifully.... however, I'm really sorry to be a bother, but I do have couple more questions.

1) Is there way to use it as toggle. Right now hitting "o" while in "VideoNav" window brings up the overlay, but to close it I can't use the same key. Hitting arrow keys closes the overlay. But if I want to use the same "o" key, how should I go about it?

2) The weather today widget (as shows in the screenshots) on both main skin as well as your mod, I just can't seem to find it anywhere. I'm using vertical menu, but regardless which orientation I select, I can't get the weather today widget to show up on the home screen. Can you throw some light on what might be wrong?
Is there a way to turn off in the home screen the spotlight description? I want to see the movie poster, the fan art but not the details of that film.

BTW this skin is amazing!

Thanks
Love the skin. There's one thing that is driving me crazy though. My recordings (I use PVR.WMC) show grouped in folders by title. On Confluence I could use the side menu to make them not be grouped in folders. I can't find an option to do that in Arctic Zephyr.
Isn't that a setting in server WMC?
(2016-01-22, 20:59)skarragallagher Wrote: Isn't that a setting in server WMC?

Yes! Didn't know the server had that. Thanks
How do I have my music appear in library mode vs. folder structure? In Confluence it was in the side menu.
(2016-01-02, 01:10)deepskydiver Wrote: Thank you so much for this skin, it's such a great design and well executed.

I have one issue where (only in this skin) I get a menu popping up when I turn the TV off and on. It's a simple vertical list of options. I've noticed it in the EPG and Recordings which is where I tend to be. I can't find any other way to bring this up and I'd like to stop it if possible. Is it something I can configure out in the XML somewhere or otherwise?

Hey - just hoping someone can help with this problem please.
I tried creating a direct shortcut to one of my youtube subscriptions but after creating it never updates the content and is stuck to the time of creating the shortcut. If i browse through the Youtube-addon to that subscription, it gets updated instantly.

Same problem with iTunes Movie Trailers addon.

Is this a problem the skin.shortcuts-script or the skin itself?
I have a question about this skin: when i'm playing a movie and i pause i to go back in the menu to search something, i see right in the top that the movie is paused. How can i continue the video? On the normal skin you can do that with the barmenu on the left site.
  • 140(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic: Zephyr37