• 145(current)
Alpha Arctic Fuse
(2024-06-21, 15:50)Officer KD6-3.7 Wrote:
(2024-06-21, 12:10)Blurayx Wrote: I'm a big fan of AH2. Decided to give AF a try. I do like some of the new features. Has full screen widgets been removed?

Hi!

Glad you're enjoying the skin. You could say the Spotlight in the 'Complex' setup is the spiritual successor of the full screen widgets from AH2. There's also a 'Classic' mode that's much simpler to setup but without the Spotlight.
Endless possibilities so feel free to take your time and experiment with what suits your preferences.

Also, check out this awesome Arctic Fuse Tutorial by one of the most helpful and kind users on this forum @FinalRooke

Feel free to reach out if you have more questions!
Great to know full screen widgets are still an option. It's amazing how there are endless possibilities but not too taxing on the CPU. It's obvious a lot of hard work has been done under the hood, Will definitely have a look at the Tutorial.

Thank you  Smile
Setup: LG OLED65B7 | Onkyo TX-RZ50 | OPPO UDP-203 4K Blu-Ray player | Nvidia Shield TV | Dune HD Homatics Box R 4K Plus | KEF T205
My Favourite Skin: Arctic Horizon 2
Deleted
(2024-06-18, 11:43)Officer KD6-3.7 Wrote:
(2024-06-18, 11:34)vella9 Wrote:
(2024-06-18, 10:57)Officer KD6-3.7 Wrote: Yes, it's the same directory (special://skin/extras/icons/search.png) and should work.
Here's what it looks like: https://ibb.co/HnrnHKj
My bad, you are right, that works.

But what I need to change is the side menu icon when "swap search with discover" is enabled in classic mode. TIA
No worries! I am glad it worked.

The earlier change only applies to the side menu buttons in the context menu.
To change the icon in your home screen, go to the Includes_Images.xml and change line 5 from 'binoculars.png' to 'search.png'.

Let me know if it works and feel free to reach out if you have any other questions!

Hi, was wondering if you had any idea on removing the plot from the info of widgets... I have autoscroll textbox switched off, so I've never really used that plot... And it's creating that fallback that states how many movies you've watched and what you last watched... I really don't need that info on every widget and Item with no plot, makes thing look a bit rough

I manage to get about 40% of this goal by adjusting the height of the plot in includes_constants to 0... but it isn't quite what I'm after
It moves the ratings up... would prefer the title and infoline came down instead...

Also there's still a single line of info as fallback for no ratings
Any ideas on what could be done to achieve this?? 🤔🤔
(2024-06-23, 08:50)Rookein2minds Wrote:
(2024-06-18, 11:43)Officer KD6-3.7 Wrote:
(2024-06-18, 11:34)vella9 Wrote: My bad, you are right, that works.

But what I need to change is the side menu icon when "swap search with discover" is enabled in classic mode. TIA
No worries! I am glad it worked.

To change the icon in your home screen, go to the Includes_Images.xml and change line 5 from 'binoculars.png' to 'search.png'.

Let me know if it works and feel free to reach out if you have any other questions!

Hi, was wondering if you had any idea on removing the plot from the info of widgets... I have autoscroll textbox switched off, so I've never really used that plot... And it's creating that fallback that states how many movies you've watched and what you last watched... I really don't need that info on every widget and Item with no plot, makes thing look a bit rough

I manage to get about 40% of this goal by adjusting the height of the plot in includes_constants to 0... but it isn't quite what I'm after
It moves the ratings up... would prefer the title and infoline came down instead...

Hi!

Of course, I would be more than happy to assist! I would recommend not changing the height since it might cause weird scaling issues in the skin. A much simpler solution would be to get rid of the fallback text 'You have watched..." by editing this section of the Includes_Defaults.xml file and leaving the <value></value> section blank.

It would look something like this:
Code:

<variable name="Def_PlotDetails_Fallback">
        <value condition="$EXP[Exp_IsWindow_Music] | Window.IsVisible(1103)"></value>
        <value condition="!String.IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(TMDbHelper.TraktStats.Movies.Watched)) + !String.IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(TMDbHelper.TraktStats.Shows.Watched))"></value>
        <value condition="!String.IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(TMDbHelper.TraktStats.Total.Minutes))"></value>
        <value condition="$EXP[Exp_IsWindow_TVShows]"></value>
        <value condition="$EXP[Exp_IsWindow_Movies]"></value>
        <value></value>
    </variable>

This change should mean that when an item doesn't have any info/plot data to pull from, it'll simply appear blank (without affecting the scaling of the skin i.e. without moving the ratings and info line). 

Here's an example:

BEFORE: Spotlight with no items: https://ibb.co/MRr2DtK

AFTER: Spotlight with no items (fallback text removed): https://ibb.co/LxVQ7NG

Widgets have items with plot info: https://ibb.co/LSJy3gp

(2024-06-23, 10:16)Officer KD6-3.7 Wrote:
(2024-06-23, 08:50)Rookein2minds Wrote:
(2024-06-18, 11:43)Officer KD6-3.7 Wrote: No worries! I am glad it worked.

Hi!

Of course, I would be more than happy to assist! I would recommend not changing the height since it might cause weird scaling issues in the skin. A much simpler solution would be to get rid of the fallback text 'You have watched..." by editing this section of the Includes_Defaults.xml file and leaving the <value></value> section blank.

Code:

<value condition="!String.IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(TMDbHelper.TraktStats.Movies.Watched)) + !String.IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(TMDbHelper.TraktStats.Shows.Watched))"></value>
        <value condition="!String.IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(TMDbHelper.TraktStats.Total.Minutes))"></value>
        <value></value>
    </variable>

This change should mean that when an item doesn't have any info/plot data to pull from, it'll simply appear blank (without affecting the scaling of the skin i.e. without moving the ratings and info line). 

Here's an example:

Really appreciate your help here 🫡🫡... been trying to achieve this for ages... Thank you!!

I still would like to remove the plot and bring the title down though... do you have a clear idea of what scaling issue would occur if I adjust the height?... Is is something major or something I would barely notice?
(2024-06-23, 10:37)Rookein2minds Wrote:
(2024-06-23, 10:16)Officer KD6-3.7 Wrote:
(2024-06-23, 08:50)Rookein2minds Wrote: Hi, was wondering if you had any idea on removing the plot from the info of widgets... I have autoscroll textbox switched off, so I've never really used that plot... And it's creating that fallback that states how many movies you've watched and what you last watched... I really don't need that info on every widget and Item with no plot, makes thing look a bit rough

Hi!

Code:

<value></value>
    </variable>

Here's an example:

Really appreciate your help here 🫡🫡... been trying to achieve this for ages... Thank you!!

I still would like to remove the plot and bring the title down though... do you have a clear idea of what scaling issue would occur if I adjust the height?... Is is something major or something I would barely notice?
In your specific use case, I don't think (hopefully) it'd break anything major (since you want to get rid of the plot entirely).

Here's what I'd suggest:

Go to the Includes_Constants.xml file

Change line 6 value to somewhere around at least 281 (to offset the 81 of the plot that we removed) to 300 depending on how low you want the title to go. Experiment and decide what looks best to you!

Change lines 162 & 163 to 0 (to remove the plot info entirely)

This should theoretically apply throughout the skin and won't break anything else. I didn't have the time to test it extensively but the code makes sense to me. Although I think AF will still use resources to pull the plot from TMDb but just won't display it (since we have the value set to 0). So there's not going to be any performance gains (unless you change the code further, but that'll be a bigger task haha).

This is just an aesthetic change, everything else should still feel the same.

Here's what it should look like: https://ibb.co/P6BQtgs

Let me know if it works and feel free to reach out if you need anything else!
(2024-06-23, 11:18)Officer KD6-3.7 Wrote:
(2024-06-23, 10:37)Rookein2minds Wrote:
(2024-06-23, 10:16)Officer KD6-3.7 Wrote: Hi!

Code:

<value></value>
    </variable>

Here's an example:

In your specific use case, I don't think (hopefully) it'd break anything major (since you want to get rid of the plot entirely).

Here's what I'd suggest:

Change line 6 value to somewhere around at least 281 (to offset the 81 of the plot that we removed) to 300 depending on how low you want the title to go. Experiment and decide what looks best to you!

This should theoretically apply throughout the skin and won't break anything else. I didn't have the time to test it extensively but the code makes sense to me. Although I think AF will still use resources to pull the plot from TMDb but just won't display it (since we have the value set to 0). So there's not going to be any performance gains (unless you change the code further, but that'll be a bigger task haha).

Oh damnn 🥹🥹🥹 Thank you!!!

I've been hoping for way to do this for so long now... Don't really need performance changes, it's the aesthetics I needed...

Keep it up man 🫡.. I see you becoming a skilled skinner in the future
(2024-06-23, 11:40)Rookein2minds Wrote:
(2024-06-23, 11:18)Officer KD6-3.7 Wrote:
(2024-06-23, 10:37)Rookein2minds Wrote: Really appreciate your help here 🫡🫡... been trying to achieve this for ages... Thank you!!

Here's what I'd suggest:

Oh damnn 🥹🥹🥹 Thank you!!!

I've been hoping for way to do this for so long now... Don't really need performance changes, it's the aesthetics I needed...

Keep it up man 🫡.. I see you becoming a skilled skinner in the future

Haha you're just too kind. I have a loooong way (probably impossible) to go before I would even consider calling myself even something close to a skinner. Jurial and those guys are pros at what they do. But thank you so much for the support, I greatly appreciate it!

I have to give a huge shoutout to Jurial for being so open and supportive of me trying to play around with the skin. I know many would be quite restrictive (and rightfully so) of someone else offering advice on changing files that can break the skin. I always make sure to put a disclaimer before my suggestions but you never know.

There have been a few times on GitHub when I really messed up while trying to help someone else solve their bug. But he never got mad and on the contrary took the time to help me understand the fundamentals of the code and learn more about how everything works. I know how valuable someone's time and patience is, so I am eternally grateful for that!

And this community has been nothing short of awesome! You always have the opportunity to learn something new when interacting with the members here.

Thank you so much everyone!
@Officer KD6-3.7

I'm really enjoying using AF so far. One of the biggest advantages is the widgets load quickly with little impact on the CPU compared to AH2.
How do I add "Returning Series/Ended? 

Is it possible to have submenus using Tab down option below TV shows/Movie icons similar to AH2?

Thanks
Setup: LG OLED65B7 | Onkyo TX-RZ50 | OPPO UDP-203 4K Blu-Ray player | Nvidia Shield TV | Dune HD Homatics Box R 4K Plus | KEF T205
(2024-06-23, 13:56)Blurayx Wrote: @Officer KD6-3.7

I'm really enjoying using AF so far. One of the biggest advantages is the widgets load quickly with little impact on the CPU compared to AH2.
How do I add "Returning Series/Ended? 

Is it possible to have submenus using Tab down option below TV shows/Movie icons similar to AH2?

Thanks

I am glad you're loving the skin! Jurial is a rockstar!!

The 'Topbar' styled setup should be very similar to AH2

1. Go to Skin Settings > Details and enable Premiered/Status. AF doesn't have the 'Returning Series/Ended' text but the different icons along with the date should be able to let you know everything.

2. There could be several ways to do this, but the easiest I can think of is to create a custom TMDb Helper node and add all your lists/categories in it.
Then you can set that node as the action to any of your main home screen icons. Also, make sure to enable 'Open path in dialog'

It won't exactly be a down menu but more of a side dialog

Here's an example of what it looks like when I set it to my 'Movies' icon: https://imgur.com/a/EauSykW

Feel free to reach out if you have any more queries!
You gave me some inspiration. I decided to create a minimalistic Mixed library look. I would prefer to have the weather widget instead of info. Is that possible?

I really like the alternative retuning/End info. When a series has ended, the calendar icon turns green with a tick, indicating the TV show has ended. Brilliant!!!

Arctic Fuse is now my official daily driver.
Thank you so much for your help. I'm sure I'll be asking more questions if I get stuck  Smile
(2024-06-21, 15:41)Officer KD6-3.7 Wrote:
(2024-06-21, 08:02)vella9 Wrote:
(2024-06-18, 11:43)Officer KD6-3.7 Wrote: Let me know if it works and feel free to reach out if you have any other questions!

Hi Officer KD6-3.7, in fact, what I always wanted to ask is with regards to the Navigation>Content>Down setting. The way I prefer this configured is by setting it to Bump, however when you scroll to last widget row, you can notice the text Kodi v21.0.0. I prefer if such text is hidden/deleted/removed. I am not sure if this is possible.

In order to get rid of this, I currently have the setting set to Options, but Bump is preferred.

Is there anything that can be done in this regard please?

TIA!

Hi!

Yeah I think you can edit line 40 in the Includes_Labels.xml file to achieve what you're looking for.

You can input a custom value something like
Code:
<value> -- End --  </value>
or anything else you'd prefer
or just leave it blank like this  for a more minimalistic look
Code:
<value></value>
I think this change won't break any other parts of the skin. I tested it out and everything works like it should.

Feel free to reach out anytime if you have any more questions! Always happy to help!
Awesome! many thanks!!!
@Officer KD6-3.7
Missing episode info. Is there a way to display episode number below the widget image, similar to AH2?

AH2

AF

Thanks
There's a weird bug with Categories that have a Submenu list used as a widget:

if you navigate to an item in the Category's submenu list other than the first item, the list doesn't update until you move the back to the Category

hopefully that made sense

thanks
I remember there was a movie title logo above the line in the player, above play/pause button. Was that removed? If it's still available, where do I turn it on (I loved that)?

Thanks
  • 145(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic Fuse0