• 144(current)
Alpha Arctic Fuse
(2024-06-17, 19:36)Officer KD6-3.7 Wrote:
(2024-06-17, 17:31)BriceysCousin Wrote:
(2024-06-17, 13:57)Officer KD6-3.7 Wrote: Hi!

Try using this code. Replacing all the ids from 1105 to 1185 should do the job.

Code:
<include content="Dialog_Side_Button" condition="!$EXP[Exp_InfoDialogs]">
                        <param name="id">03</param>
                        <param name="label">$LOCALIZE[31066]</param>
                        <param name="icon">special://skin/extras/icons/binoculars.png</param>
                        <param name="visible">[!String.IsEmpty(Container(99950).ListItem.Property(base_title))]</param>
                        <onclick>SetProperty(CustomSearchTerm,$ESCINFO[Container(99950).ListItem.Property(base_title)],Home)</onclick>
                        <onclick>SetProperty(ReplaceWindow,1185,Home)</onclick>
                        <onclick condition="!Window.IsActive(1185)">ActivateWindow(1185)</onclick>
                        <onclick condition="Window.IsActive(1185)">ReplaceWindow(1197)</onclick>
                    </include>

You can also change the icon to search.png or anything else that you like for more customization.

Let me know!

Thanks for the reply. I did try this, but it didn't work for me. i think maybe the CustomSearchTerm property needs to be edited somewhere.

Sorry about that! Along with the previous change, try editing the lines 81 to 87 in the Includes_Search_View.xml file to the following:

Code:

<onfocus condition="Window.IsVisible(1185) + String.IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(SearchDiscover.FocusFilter)) + String.IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(CustomSearchTerm))">SetFocus(9094)</onfocus>
                <onfocus condition="Window.IsVisible(1185) + String.IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(SearchDiscover.FocusFilter)) + !String.IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(CustomSearchTerm))">AlarmClock(refocus,RunScript(script.skinvariables,set_editcontrol=9099,window_id=1185,setfocus=52,text=$INFO[Window(Home).Property(CustomSearchTerm)]),00:01,silent)</onfocus>
                <onfocus condition="Window.IsVisible(1185) + !String.IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(SearchDiscover.FocusFilter)) + String.IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(CustomSearchTerm))">SetFocus(9094)</onfocus>
                <onfocus condition="Window.IsVisible(1185) + !String.IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(SearchDiscover.FocusFilter)) + !String.IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(CustomSearchTerm))">AlarmClock(refocus,RunScript(script.skinvariables,set_editcontrol=9099,window_id=1185,setfocus=9094,text=$INFO[Window(Home).Property(CustomSearchTerm)]),00:01,silent)</onfocus>
                <onfocus>ClearProperty(CustomSearchTerm,Home)</onfocus>
                <onfocus>ClearProperty(SearchDiscover.FocusFilter,Home)</onfocus>
                <onfocus condition="!Window.IsVisible(1185)">SetFocus(9094)</onfocus>

It could be a bit janky but I just tried it and it works functionally (maybe some misses with wrong focus id issues).

Let me know!
Thanks !!
(2024-06-17, 13:57)Officer KD6-3.7 Wrote:
(2024-06-16, 18:03)BriceysCousin Wrote: Is there any way we can get a "Replace Discover with Search" in the Context Menu - Side Button?

basically this section in Includes_DialogConextMenu.xml :

Code:

<param name="visible">[!String.IsEmpty(Container(99950).ListItem.Property(base_title))]</param>
                        <onclick>SetProperty(CustomSearchTerm,$ESCINFO[Container(99950).ListItem.Property(base_title)],Home)</onclick>
                        <onclick>SetProperty(ReplaceWindow,1105,Home)</onclick>
                        <onclick condition="!Window.IsActive(1105)">ActivateWindow(1105)</onclick>
                        <onclick condition="Window.IsActive(1105)">ReplaceWindow(1197)</onclick>
                    </include>

I tried changing the window ID from 1105 to 1185, but i guess there are other files that need to be changed as well

Hi!

Code:
                    </include>

You can also change the icon to search.png or anything else that you like for more customization.

Let me know!
Hi, I am interested in changing the icon, however when I changed binoculars.png to search.png it didn't work. Am I missing something? is it the same path? TIA
(2024-06-18, 08:57)vella9 Wrote:
(2024-06-17, 13:57)Officer KD6-3.7 Wrote:
(2024-06-16, 18:03)BriceysCousin Wrote: Is there any way we can get a "Replace Discover with Search" in the Context Menu - Side Button?

basically this section in Includes_DialogConextMenu.xml :

Code:

<onclick>SetProperty(ReplaceWindow,1105,Home)</onclick>
                        <onclick condition="!Window.IsActive(1105)">ActivateWindow(1105)</onclick>
                        <onclick condition="Window.IsActive(1105)">ReplaceWindow(1197)</onclick>
                    </include>

I tried changing the window ID from 1105 to 1185, but i guess there are other files that need to be changed as well

Hi!

Code:
                    </include>

Let me know!
Hi, I am interested in changing the icon, however when I changed binoculars.png to search.png it didn't work. Am I missing something? is it the same path? TIA
Yes, it's the same directory (special://skin/extras/icons/search.png) and should work.
Here's what it looks like: https://ibb.co/HnrnHKj
(2024-06-18, 10:57)Officer KD6-3.7 Wrote:
(2024-06-18, 08:57)vella9 Wrote:
(2024-06-17, 13:57)Officer KD6-3.7 Wrote: Hi!

Code:
                    </include>

Let me know!
Yes, it's the same directory (special://skin/extras/icons/search.png) and should work.
My bad, you are right, that works.

But what I need to change is the side menu icon when "swap search with discover" is enabled in classic mode. TIA
(2024-06-18, 11:34)vella9 Wrote:
(2024-06-18, 10:57)Officer KD6-3.7 Wrote:
(2024-06-18, 08:57)vella9 Wrote: Hi, I am interested in changing the icon, however when I changed binoculars.png to search.png it didn't work. Am I missing something? is it the same path? TIA

But what I need to change is the side menu icon when "swap search with discover" is enabled in classic mode. TIA
No worries! I am glad it worked.

The earlier change only applies to the side menu buttons in the context menu.
To change the icon in your home screen, go to the Includes_Images.xml and change line 5 from 'binoculars.png' to 'search.png'.

Let me know if it works and feel free to reach out if you have any other questions!
(2024-06-07, 07:03)sonypshomer Wrote:
(2024-05-30, 09:51)Officer KD6-3.7 Wrote:
(2024-05-30, 00:27)sonypshomer Wrote: Yeah been asking for that since AH2. Look pretty bad for certain language

Hey!

I answered this over at GitHub:
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.arc...2113444128

Also make sure to read Jurial’s comment below about git to automate the process and avoid manually replacing the Font.xml file after every skin update.

Let me know if you need help with anything else while setting this up!
I'm not tech savvy and that method is not easy and especially editing 821 lines in Font.xml, i would prefer jurial just make it easy like arctic zephyr when u just add what_ever_font.ttf file into \.kodi\addons\skin.arctic.zephyr.mod\fonts and done. The new font will be listed in the skin setting automatically without any manual xml editing involved. 

Of coz u have to do this everytime the skin gets updated since the new font file will get erased in that process. The auto git thingie is for another discussion definitely not for everyone since it's also involve disabling the skin auto update which nobody wants since the skin is still in alpha version WIP.

Yes we want arctic_zephyr_easier_to_add_what_ever_font method.
Hi!
I'm sorry to hear that. You can make a feature request on GitHub for Jurial to consider.

Although with the latest update, it's much easier to change fonts.

1. Place your font files in the skin's font directory (Kodi/addons/skin.arctic.fuse/fonts)
2. Add a new fontset id in the Font.xml file. You can have this saved somewhere and just copy paste it after the skin updates

Example:

Code:
   <fontset id="My Custom Font" unicode="true">
        <include content="Font_Default">
            <param name="font_black">MyCustomFont-Black.ttf</param>
            <param name="font_bold">MyCustomFont-Bold.ttf</param>
            <param name="font_regular">MyCustomFont-Regular.ttf</param>
            <param name="font_light">MyCustomFont-Light.ttf</param>
            <param name="aspect_system">0.8</param>
            <param name="aspect_standard">0.89</param>
        </include>
    </fontset>

Adjust the "aspect_standard" value if you feel your font is too wide/narrow accordingly.

Feel free to reach out if you have any other queries!
Hi,
Does the skin save widget settings such as what each widget is pointing to (say if it is linked to a specific folder or app), widget style settings, order etc. etc. in a specific xml file or similar? If that makes sense?
Thank you for making that that’s exactly what I was looking for
(2024-06-18, 19:38)Chalklands Wrote: Hi,
Does the skin save widget settings such as what each widget is pointing to (say if it is linked to a specific folder or app), widget style settings, order etc. etc. in a specific xml file or similar? If that makes sense?

I believe this is in skinvariables in addon_data
(2024-06-18, 11:43)Officer KD6-3.7 Wrote:
(2024-06-18, 11:34)vella9 Wrote:
(2024-06-18, 10:57)Officer KD6-3.7 Wrote: Yes, it's the same directory (special://skin/extras/icons/search.png) and should work.

No worries! I am glad it worked.

The earlier change only applies to the side menu buttons in the context menu.
To change the icon in your home screen, go to the Includes_Images.xml and change line 5 from 'binoculars.png' to 'search.png'.

Let me know if it works and feel free to reach out if you have any other questions!
This worked perfectly, thank you!
I hope someone can help me out with my question. I use local names for my genres (for example "Action" is called "Actie"). To make sure the genre icons are shown, I want to change the names of the icons. I have logged into my Kodi setup but can't find the right folder. Any guidance into the right direction would be highly appreciated Smile
(2024-06-18, 11:43)Officer KD6-3.7 Wrote: Let me know if it works and feel free to reach out if you have any other questions!

Hi Officer KD6-3.7, in fact, what I always wanted to ask is with regards to the Navigation>Content>Down setting. The way I prefer this configured is by setting it to Bump, however when you scroll to last widget row, you can notice the text Kodi v21.0.0. I prefer if such text is hidden/deleted/removed. I am not sure if this is possible.

In order to get rid of this, I currently have the setting set to Options, but Bump is preferred.

Is there anything that can be done in this regard please?

TIA!
I'm a big fan of AH2. Decided to give AF a try. I do like some of the new features. Has full screen widgets been removed?
Setup: LG OLED65B7 | Onkyo TX-RZ50 | OPPO UDP-203 4K Blu-Ray player | Nvidia Shield TV | Dune HD Homatics Box R 4K Plus | KEF T205
My Favourite Skin: Arctic Horizon 2
(2024-06-21, 08:02)vella9 Wrote:
(2024-06-18, 11:43)Officer KD6-3.7 Wrote: Let me know if it works and feel free to reach out if you have any other questions!

Hi Officer KD6-3.7, in fact, what I always wanted to ask is with regards to the Navigation>Content>Down setting. The way I prefer this configured is by setting it to Bump, however when you scroll to last widget row, you can notice the text Kodi v21.0.0. I prefer if such text is hidden/deleted/removed. I am not sure if this is possible.

In order to get rid of this, I currently have the setting set to Options, but Bump is preferred.

Is there anything that can be done in this regard please?

TIA!

Hi!

Yeah I think you can edit line 40 in the Includes_Labels.xml file to achieve what you're looking for.

You can input a custom value something like
Code:
<value> -- End --  </value>
or anything else you'd prefer
or just leave it blank like this  for a more minimalistic look
Code:
<value></value>
I think this change won't break any other parts of the skin. I tested it out and everything works like it should.

Feel free to reach out anytime if you have any more questions! Always happy to help!
(2024-06-21, 12:10)Blurayx Wrote: I'm a big fan of AH2. Decided to give AF a try. I do like some of the new features. Has full screen widgets been removed?

Hi!

Glad you're enjoying the skin. You could say the Spotlight in the 'Complex' setup is the spiritual successor of the full screen widgets from AH2. There's also a 'Classic' mode that's much simpler to setup but without the Spotlight.
Endless possibilities so feel free to take your time and experiment with what suits your preferences.

Also, check out this awesome Arctic Fuse Tutorial by one of the most helpful and kind users on this forum @FinalRooke

Feel free to reach out if you have more questions!
  • 144(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic Fuse0