• 2(current)
Mod Artic Zephyr 2 pkscout mod
(2020-05-22, 19:08)carlog Wrote: Very nice mod. I really like having the larger Roboto font. Only thing I really wanted to make it perfect is to get the info screen when watching a PVR channel to be the same as when watching a movie or show. This was implemented in Arctic Horizon.
That likely requires the updated TheMovieDB helper that is only available as a beta.  I remember trying to get the Estuary PVR info screen to look like the TV show/movie info screen, and after about a week of trying (including running a modified version of some helper script), I decided it wasn't worth it.

There's lots to like about Arctic Horizon, but the fact that there will only be one view for media is a show stopper for me.  The view the author chose just won't work for how we use Kodi.  If Horizon was further along I might consider just modding that instead to add the views I need.  But that honestly defeats the purpose of building a simple skin.
(2020-05-19, 04:27)pkscout Wrote: Well, after years of using Estuary (and maintaining a mod of that), I thought I'd change to a skin that I wouldn't have to mod.  And that went about as well as you would expect.  '-)

What a wonderful idea. Gonna try your Mod immediately.

THX,

Thomas
(2020-05-22, 12:50)plonster76 Wrote: hi yes i agree that the skin doesn't need more options. thanks for your effort to add this functions to the PVR OSD. now i'm very happy. (and my wife :-)

i hope you can push all to the zephyr2 github.

thanks
The only option I think it need it to see in tv series if the show is  Returning Cancelled Ended
(2020-05-22, 19:57)pkscout Wrote:
(2020-05-22, 19:08)carlog Wrote: Very nice mod. I really like having the larger Roboto font. Only thing I really wanted to make it perfect is to get the info screen when watching a PVR channel to be the same as when watching a movie or show. This was implemented in Arctic Horizon.
That likely requires the updated TheMovieDB helper that is only available as a beta.  I remember trying to get the Estuary PVR info screen to look like the TV show/movie info screen, and after about a week of trying (including running a modified version of some helper script), I decided it wasn't worth it.

There's lots to like about Arctic Horizon, but the fact that there will only be one view for media is a show stopper for me.  The view the author chose just won't work for how we use Kodi.  If Horizon was further along I might consider just modding that instead to add the views I need.  But that honestly defeats the purpose of building a simple skin. 

Is that how Arctic Horizon does it for PVR?  With TheMovieDB helper?
(2020-05-25, 02:31)carlog Wrote:
(2020-05-22, 19:57)pkscout Wrote:

Is that how Arctic Horizon does it for PVR?  With TheMovieDB helper?

I’m pretty sure it is. Looking at the code for that window in Horizon, it’s checking for some properties set by moviedb helper. But with the production version of the helper I have the skin doesn’t show anything other than channel icons in Horizon, so I’m assuming the skin needs the beta helper mentioned at the beginning of the Horizon thread.
@pkscout I'm playing with your mod and have a question you might be uniquely qualified to answer. I rebuilt my music library after adding MBIDs for all my artists and am starting from scratch downloading fanart via Artist Slideshow. All is working fine, except I noticed in full screen playback if no art exists when the song starts the background remains black after AS finds fanart, unless I toggle fullscreen mode off and on while the song is playing. Is this because the skin only checks for art at the start of each track?

This behavior is on my Shield Android TV. It seems to work ok on the Windows version, which makes me think it's a skin issue.

By the way, nice mod! And since I spend a lot of time in full screen music playback, I thought I'd share a small mod of my own that de-clutters the now playing music screen:

Happy to share with anyone who likes it. Just two file replacements: Includes_OSD and the vignette.jpg background image. The latter restores the simple gradient from (fuse)neue I liked better than the corner gradient in AZ2. Versions linked below for either the original AZ2 or the pkscout variant.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1...sp=sharing
(2020-05-25, 20:19)horizons1 Wrote: @pkscout I'm playing with your mod and have a question you might be uniquely qualified to answer. I rebuilt my music library after adding MBIDs for all my artists and am starting from scratch downloading fanart via Artist Slideshow. All is working fine, except I noticed in full screen playback if no art exists when the song starts the background remains black after AS finds fanart, unless I toggle fullscreen mode off and on while the song is playing. Is this because the skin only checks for art at the start of each track?

This behavior is on my Shield Android TV. It seems to work ok on the Windows version, which makes me think it's a skin issue.
It's hard to say.  I've not seen that behavior on either my development machine (a Mac) or my main TV (OSMC - basically a Linux variant).  The skin doesn't really "check" for artwork.  It simply displays an image based on a skin property that AS sets.  AS changes that skin property every 10 seconds (by default) so the skin should automatically just show the slide.  You can see a black background while that first image loads, but it shouldn't stay black after that first one is downloaded.  If you had asked this is the Artist Slideshow thread I probably would have asked for a debug log just to check but then indicated it sounded like a skin problem.  '-)  Could you try it with the stock Estuary and see if it happens there (Estuary has basic AS support)?
(2020-05-26, 07:43)pkscout Wrote:
(2020-05-25, 20:19)horizons1 Wrote: @pkscout I'm playing with your mod and have a question you might be uniquely qualified to answer. I rebuilt my music library after adding MBIDs for all my artists and am starting from scratch downloading fanart via Artist Slideshow. All is working fine, except I noticed in full screen playback if no art exists when the song starts the background remains black after AS finds fanart, unless I toggle fullscreen mode off and on while the song is playing. Is this because the skin only checks for art at the start of each track?

It's hard to say.  I've not seen that behavior on either my development machine (a Mac) or my main TV (OSMC - basically a Linux variant).  The skin doesn't really "check" for artwork.  It simply displays an image based on a skin property that AS sets.  AS changes that skin property every 10 seconds (by default) so the skin should automatically just show the slide.  You can see a black background while that first image loads, but it shouldn't stay black after that first one is downloaded.  If you had asked this is the Artist Slideshow thread I probably would have asked for a debug log just to check but then indicated it sounded like a skin problem.  '-)  Could you try it with the stock Estuary and see if it happens there (Estuary has basic AS support)? 

Will do, and if it is consistent, I'll post something in the AS forum. Cheers!
Hi there, Love the mod.. i was wondering if it was possible to reinstate the original Arctic Zephyr home screen layour with icons with text at the bottom and a single (or multiple) poster style widget above? Or at the very least, icons with text centred at the top?
(2020-05-26, 23:16)danmedhurst Wrote: Hi there, Love the mod.. i was wondering if it was possible to reinstate the original Arctic Zephyr home screen layour with icons with text at the bottom and a single (or multiple) poster style widget above? Or at the very least, icons with text centred at the top?
That's not something I'm going to take on.  If you haven't, I'd suggest you make that request in the main Arctic Zephyr 2 thread.  I'm doing small tweaks, not creating an entirely different fork of the skin.
(2020-05-27, 05:00)pkscout Wrote:
(2020-05-26, 23:16)danmedhurst Wrote: Hi there, Love the mod.. i was wondering if it was possible to reinstate the original Arctic Zephyr home screen layour with icons with text at the bottom and a single (or multiple) poster style widget above? Or at the very least, icons with text centred at the top?
That's not something I'm going to take on.  If you haven't, I'd suggest you make that request in the main Arctic Zephyr 2 thread.  I'm doing small tweaks, not creating an entirely different fork of the skin. 

That's fair enough, thanks for letting me know and good luck!
I translate all skin in Italian.
Now I testing it.
If you want I can give you the file and you can include in next update.

Also are merged some fix and rom trailer to original skin.
Do you think add to your mod or not?

Edit.
I merge some new (fix up next and rom trailer) and add Italian translate to skin
https://www.mediafire.com/file/q4cxk1gpk...d.zip/file
(2020-05-28, 14:49)wsx1 Wrote: I translate all skin in Italian.
Now I testing it.
If you want I can give you the file and you can include in next update.

Also are merged some fix and rom trailer to original skin.
Do you think add to your mod or not?

Edit.
I merge some new (fix up next and rom trailer) and add Italian translate to skin
https://www.mediafire.com/file/q4cxk1gpk...d.zip/file
I can definitely add the translation files.  I'll look at the other stuff in the next few days.
hi pkscout,
i see a big gap between the title and the description on the PVR widgets. for example Last Played Channels. I'm using the Enigma2 PVR client. other widgets like TV shows or Movies work fine, there i see ratings and other informations.

any chance that you can fix this?

there are also the letters "N/A".

maybe you can take a look.

(2020-05-29, 20:06)plonster76 Wrote: hi pkscout,
i see a big gap between the title and the description on the PVR widgets. for example Last Played Channels. I'm using the Enigma2 PVR client. other widgets like TV shows or Movies work fine, there i see ratings and other informations.

any chance that you can fix this?

there are also the letters "N/A".

maybe you can take a look.

It's not really something to be fixed.  That particular widget layout tends to have more space between the graphic and the text, and it's made more apparently by channel logos that have transparent backgrounds (you don't actually see the complete size of the channel logo).  The N/A is because (at least from what I can tell) the PVR addons aren't supplying a year for the show in question, at least not someplace the skin is expecting it.  That's not necessarily surprising, as PVR data tends to live in a special place all it's own, and the widgets have to be designed to handle different sources.  I suspect most other sources provide the information in a consistent way, which leaves the widget displaying N/A if you use it for PVR stuff.  That's a core skin issue and should be reported in the Arctic Zephyr 2 thread.  As I've said before, it is not my intent for this to become the mod that contains every bug fix or feature request that hasn't been addressed.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artic Zephyr 2 pkscout mod0