• 25(current)
[MOD] reFocus BIG v.0.88.6
I made both the views available in TV shows and movies.

Will look into the fanart problem.
(2012-08-22, 13:13)Amelandbor Wrote: I made both the views available in TV shows and movies.

What views and What fanart problem Big Grin I feel like I missed a page here Big Grin

I'm using your new fanart mod and testing the movie view currently...
Basically, I think the star rating etc and resolution etc need changing/relocating slightly in your movie fanart view... And if possible adding an "info on down" key press...

Sorry if my post didn't make sense Big Grin
Hi, love this update to refocus, some of the new views are excellent!

I usually use List View for TV Shows (lots of TV shows in my library), and use fanart instead of poster so that I can see the synopsis for each show. However with refocus big, the synopsis is not displaying and performance when scrolling in this list view is very poor (sluggish / pauses frequently). Anyone else seeing this?

Thanks again
I have had the same issue with the scrolling performance.
HTPC: Intel NUC BOXD34010WYKH1 | Panasonic TC-P50S30 | Denon AVR-1712, Jamo S606 HC3 5.0 | Logitech Harmony One
Server: Supermicro MBD-X10SL7-F-O | Intel Xeon E3-1231V3 | 16GB DDR1600 ECC | Fractal Design Node 804 | 3 WD Red 3TB, 3 WD Red 4TB, 1 WD Red 6TB
(2012-08-22, 09:15)hegem0n Wrote: Paul,

Thanks for the great work! I find your skin wery well suited to work with my Raspberry Pi.

Thre is however a minor bug to report, namely, my XBMC has trouble reading images when the path is as follows:
PHP Code:
/home/pi/TV/NCIS//clearart.png 
This one is ok (notice the lack of an extra slash):
PHP Code:
/home/pi/TV/NCIS/clearart.png 

I kindy ask you to look for this kind of code and remove any slash immediatly after "$INFO[Player.FolderPath]":
PHP Code:
<texture fallback="empty">$INFO[Player.FolderPath]/clearart.png</texture

Thanks,
PG

Thanks for reporting. I have removed the slash right after FolderPath on git. It will be included on next version.

(2012-08-22, 12:26)PatrickBateman Wrote: @paul
Can you lengthen the time it takes for the "highlight first letter while scrolling" to actually appear?

its appearing too fast/too often... even when I'm not scrolling my library it's appearing... Just moving from 1 movie to the next is causing the letter to flash up momentarily?

Maybe a delay of 1 second should be added before the letter is displayed, or lengthen the current time by .5 or 1 second?

I will investigate about this Pat.

(2012-08-22, 21:03)jdbrookes Wrote: Hi, love this update to refocus, some of the new views are excellent!

I usually use List View for TV Shows (lots of TV shows in my library), and use fanart instead of poster so that I can see the synopsis for each show. However with refocus big, the synopsis is not displaying and performance when scrolling in this list view is very poor (sluggish / pauses frequently). Anyone else seeing this?

Thanks again

So you basically want to have displayed on a list view just the background fanart, a poster and the plot, right?

Can you please indicate any other list view from another skin that has this behavior?
I will add a setting to have it implemented then as a choice.

EDIT: Actually I have just realised that if you use the "use fanart option" on the list view, you might get what you are looking for on the list view.

When selected it will display the fanart instead of the poster, and the plot just below, like this:

You can adjust the opacity settings on the screen options, so that you are comfortable when reading the plot.

(2012-08-22, 23:20)Silvaire Wrote: I have had the same issue with the scrolling performance.

I am not having this issue, please try to disable the rotating extrafanart or animated backgrounds if enabled.

(2012-08-22, 13:38)PatrickBateman Wrote:
(2012-08-22, 13:13)Amelandbor Wrote: I made both the views available in TV shows and movies.

What views and What fanart problem Big Grin I feel like I missed a page here Big Grin

I'm using your new fanart mod and testing the movie view currently...
Basically, I think the star rating etc and resolution etc need changing/relocating slightly in your movie fanart view... And if possible adding an "info on down" key press...

Sorry if my post didn't make sense Big Grin
The skin is using one of the extrathumbs images for now. I would like to have a landscape option for movies, but then we have to have 500 images available for fanart.tv. So if anyone wants to help achieve that, let me know.

With the flags I'm really not sure what to do. I'm thinking about not centering the focused image and put this one on the left of the screen, so there will be room for the flags on the right.
Yeah sadly, landscape for movies was indeed an idea to integrate. Hope there will be people helping out fanart tv so we can make use of them.
Time ago i had a request for fusion migma v2 ...

Here some screens:

I think it's almost perfect as is, I prefer the centred image personally.

I'd simply remove the studio icon completely,
Move the star rating to the far left,
Remove the 480/720p/1080 etc text and replace with HD moniker only for HD movies,
Then remove 5.1/2.0 and replace with F
DTS/DOLBY logo,
Add a feature for pressing "down" reveals movie info either fill screen (like gallery view) or something similar...

I think this would look perfect, light, clean and very very slick!

I don't mind the movie poster view, it's not as nice as the tv series view but with a little tweaking (above) it could be as good IMO Smile

(2012-08-23, 11:35)butchabay Wrote: Yeah sadly, landscape for movies was indeed an idea to integrate. Hope there will be people helping out fanart tv so we can make use of them.
Time ago i had a request for fusion migma v2 ...

Here some screens:

That's really nice butcha...
I haven't tried your new skin yet, I'm still using cirrus on my other boxes Smile

Might have to pop in and have a look Big Grin
(2012-08-22, 21:03)jdbrookes Wrote: Hi, love this update to refocus, some of the new views are excellent!

Thanks again

So you basically want to have displayed on a list view just the background fanart, a poster and the plot, right?

Can you please indicate any other list view from another skin that has this behavior?
I will add a setting to have it implemented then as a choice.

EDIT: Actually I have just realised that if you use the "use fanart option" on the list view, you might get what you are looking for on the list view.

When selected it will display the fanart instead of the poster, and the plot just below, like this:

You can adjust the opacity settings on the screen options, so that you are comfortable when reading the plot.

(2012-08-22, 23:20)Silvaire Wrote: I have had the same issue with the scrolling performance.

I am not having this issue, please try to disable the rotating extrafanart or animated backgrounds if enabled.
[/quote]

I've solved the issue of the missing plot text! There was a problem with my metadata, sorted now though, thanks.

However I am definitely stil seeing performance issues when in List mode (TV Shows). I've tested on an Acer Revo and also a fast Windows Core i5 laptop. Have tried turning on / off global fanart, fanart, logos, etc etc and it is still apparent. Not sure why.
(2012-08-23, 11:39)PatrickBateman Wrote: I think it's almost perfect as is, I prefer the centred image personally.

Remove the 480/720p/1080 etc text and replace with HD moniker only for HD movies,
DTS/DOLBY logo,
Add a feature for pressing "down" reveals movie info either fill screen (like gallery view) or something similar...

I don't mind the movie poster view, it's not as nice as the tv series view but with a little tweaking (above) it could be as good IMO Smile
I'd rather keep 5.1/2.0, as I have a lot of movies with AAC or FLAC 5.1 audio. Besides, DD/DTS is incomplete info, since you can have a Dolby/DTS 2.0 track.
What would be nice is to use the little diagram made of squares, like on DVD cases, indicating the number of audio channels next to the coding standard logo (DD/DD+/DTS/AAC/FLAC/MP3/MPEG/any other).
(2012-08-25, 07:50)costi Wrote:
(2012-08-23, 11:39)PatrickBateman Wrote: I think it's almost perfect as is, I prefer the centred image personally.

DTS/DOLBY logo,

I'd rather keep 5.1/2.0, as I have a lot of movies with AAC or FLAC 5.1 audio. Besides, DD/DTS is incomplete info, since you can have a Dolby/DTS 2.0 track.
What would be nice is to use the little diagram made of squares, like on DVD cases, indicating the number of audio channels next to the coding standard logo (DD/DD+/DTS/AAC/FLAC/MP3/MPEG/any other).

Yea, I think an option would the best bet.

Thing is, I don't own many 2.0 blurays or DVDs to be honest, but I own a lot of 7.1 TrueHD and DTS-MA movies, however none of these show up in this view. They just show up as 5.1 when in fact they are 7.1 DTS-MA/TrueHD.

I'm sure an option can be implemented somewhere Big Grin

So for me, it's really uninformatitve.
How can i disable the transpercy in the movie list? I've set it at lowest, but i think it's still to much.
(2012-08-25, 10:05)g.scholtens Wrote: How can i disable the transpercy in the movie list? I've set it at lowest, but i think it's still to much.

If you have enabled the light transparency option, just click on it again and it will disable it.

With the current set of options, you can activate the "enable vignette overlay" setting.

This will make the view less transparent. Like this:

Light transparency

Light transparency + vignette overlay

Light transparency

Light transparency + vignette overlay

Please, bear in mind that the vignette overlay does not work well with the white reAlaska theme as the gray color of the clock would be hard to see this way. I guess it is the same when notifications pop up as well using this theme, it will make the text hard to distinguish.

In fact, I would recommend to use this theme with no transparency options, like this:

when switching between items on the home menu / screens, there is a quick fade to blue before the fade to the next background, is this a limitation of XBMC itself, or some setting/code in the skin? if there is a video playing, the fade to blue is replaced by a flash of the video itself.
  • 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] reFocus BIG v.0.88.615