• 26(current)
Alpha Arctic Fuse
(2023-10-31, 14:22)Zeplumber Wrote: I get it now, Personnally I wouldn't mind a static photo like home or movies but then again I understand it's your creation.

On PC it doesn't really matter as everything loads instantly

Another thing that I could see that would look good and maybe make things faster is maybe the possibility to put a custom thumbnail there?

Sorry I'm throwing ideas but now I know I'm not entirely alone who would (not that there's a million of us lol)

No, no issue at all about throwing around ideas -- It's great to hear other people's ideas and how they use things.

The background itself is not too much of an issue - a fallback image or custom background like you mention wouldn't be too difficult to implement.

More what I'm talking about is what to do with the top left space where the info panel goes. Currently that space would either be blank (which doesn't look good) or have the fallback info ("You have X movies, X TV Shows etc. in your library") since we don't know the ID of the top widget.

For reference, here's what it'd look like currently - a bit boring without a background but fine.

With a background it's much better but the info panel is still an issue - not the end of the world but also it's not exactly the best thing to be greeted with and I doubt people would want it sitting there for an extended period of time. There's also the issue of what to put in the eyebrow line (where it says "spotlight" currently).

Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Ha. I understand what you meant now.

Honestly the top left part left blank would be fine for me but I'm a minimalist and I understand it's not ideal.

Tbh only a fallback image in the background would look awesome to me as when the widgets load in the sub menus the upper left and fallback image will be filled with the fanart/info of the widgets. Even though the spotlight looks really cool and I was really excited at first and I ended not using it.

Anyway, I totally get your point and it's fine, I'll put on some random lists just to fill the void Smile

If you don't mind I have one small last question

I was Messing around with the category items earlier and noticed that if I'm the movie or TV show hub, I am not able to add submenus through static menus. I mean I'm able to add them but they won't show up in the hub, only the categories. If I had dynamic lists it works though.

If I add those categories/submenus to the home hub as static lists they work perfectly fine. Is this intended or did I mess up something?

I'll send you a few coffees for being such a nice dev and taking the time to answer people's ideas and concerns.
(2023-10-31, 15:52)Shkaa887 Wrote: Skin looks great, by far the best one I've found to emulate a nice clean look. One thing I can't seem to get setup is a movie and TV show library page, sorted alphabetically like the one in your screenshots. Is that a hub or a widget? How do I implement that?

Is there also any way to toggle the sorting type while in said library? I'd love to be able to toggle filtering too if possible.

Keep up the awesome work! Will throw some $$$ at you 😁

Thanks Big Grin

I'm not sure exactly which screenshot you're referring to, but I'm guessing you might be talking about the submenu with the "A-C", "D-F" etc. sections?

If so, that's a hub window. The "A-C" etc. sections are just smartplaylists. You can find them here:
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.arc...ies/titles
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.arc...ows/titles

The submenu for the category is just setup as a dynamic list pointing to that folder (e.g. special://skin/extras/hub/movies/titles).

Then it's simply a matter of enabling the option to use the submenu as a widget.

For your other question: in the library you you should be able to access view and filter options by pressing down from the row (assuming you haven't changed the navigation settings for the ondown action to something other than "view").
(2023-11-01, 03:53)Zeplumber Wrote: Tbh only a fallback image in the background would look awesome to me as when the widgets load in the sub menus the upper left and fallback image will be filled with the fanart/info of the widgets. Even though the spotlight looks really cool and I was really excited at first and I ended not using it.

Well, that's the problem - they *won't* be filled with info from the widget because the top widget ID is unknown.

It will only fill that information when you focus the widget. As soon as you move off the widget and back to the categories, the info and background will return to the fallback state.

You can see that in my screenshot where the widget underneath has loaded but the info is still blank because it is not focused. The background image in my screenshot was probably a bad choice as it gives the impression that its from the widget -- but it's not, it's just a random image in a folder being used as fallback slideshow (that coincidentally happens to match the item in widget).

Anyway, I've added these options to disable spotlight and set a fallback slideshow to latest master, so these will be in the next version and you'll be able to see better what I mean in action and why having a blank space as the fallback probably wouldn't be great.

(2023-11-01, 03:53)Zeplumber Wrote: I was Messing around with the category items earlier and noticed that if I'm the movie or TV show hub, I am not able to add submenus through static menus. I mean I'm able to add them but they won't show up in the hub, only the categories. If I had dynamic lists it works though.

If I add those categories/submenus to the home hub as static lists they work perfectly fine. Is this intended or did I mess up something?

When you say wont show in the hub, do you mean the text buttons for those items are not showing? Or are you talking about the adaptive widget underneath when setting "use as widget"?

The text buttons should definitely show for static items (they work for me). If they aren't showing that sounds like a bug I don't know about.

If you're talking about the adaptive widget connected to the submenu not displaying, it might be this issue:
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.arc...issues/173
Thanks again for the quick answer

I'm talking about the text items

For example I create a category for "My lists"

I then set items for submenu > my collection, my watchlist and latest 4k releases

The category will show up but none of the submenus will show up in movies and TV shows hubs

It does work on the home hub though

Dynamic lists work perfectly fine though
@Zeplumber - That's definitely a bug.

Does this only happen if you have a space in the category name? i.e. if you create a category just called "Lists" and do the same does it work? I think there might be an issue with spaces and other special characters.

EDIT: Or might be capitalization. If you use all lowercase does it work? (Obviously not a solution but if that's the issue I should be able to fix it)
So I have just tested an neither worked sadly.

I forgot to thank you for the options you'll add in the next release, so well, thank you lol
Hi, thanks for your work, @jurialmunkey! I've added some actors to the favorites list. I want to display that list on the home screen in a separate menu item.

So is it doable to display actors' names or pictures as categories so that onFocus you get their movies and TV shows shown respectively as stacked widgets?
(2023-11-01, 07:00)Async_0 Wrote: Hi, thanks for your work, @jurialmunkey! I've added some actors to the favorites list. I want to display that list on the home screen in a separate menu item.

So is it doable to display actors' names or pictures as categories so that onFocus you get their movies and TV shows shown respectively as stacked widgets?

I just replied on github Smile

https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.arc...ssions/190
Is there a way to stop this from showing every time I go into a menu ? I don't use Library items at all.Image
@jurialmunkey I'll ask again if you missed it, can you please tell me if there is a way to make fontsbigger for specific area (I despreately need it on dialog menus, for example when subtitle download selection screen pops up from subtitle addon)? Which section should i edit to change just that?

Thanks for your awesome work! menus
(2023-11-01, 11:54)Ray10 Wrote: @jurialmunkey I'll ask again if you missed it, can you please tell me if there is a way to make fontsbigger for specific area (I despreately need it on dialog menus, for example when subtitle download selection screen pops up from subtitle addon)? Which section should i edit to change just that?

Thanks for your awesome work! menus

This thread isn't for modding questions.

As a rule, I do not respond to people asking how to do mods as otherwise the thread gets derailed.

If there is an actual issue with the skin or an area that could be improved, then make a proper feature request or bug report so that everyone might potentially benefit from the improvement.

If you only want to make personal mods, then that's fine but this thread isn't the place to ask people to do that for you. You'll need to make an effort to learn about skinning and then ask specific questions on the skinning subforum if you get stuck.

The skinning manual is a good place to start.
https://kodi.wiki/view/Skinning_Manual
Thanks for Adding the option for removing spotlight

I didn't expect to be this fast when you said in next release lol

It does look fine except for the library text as you stated in your other comment

If we were able to remove this text or edit it I think it would look good but I don't know anything about coding or skining so that might not be possible
Latest seems to be missing the "add source" option in the file manager? Unless it's been moved somewhere else...
could u add an option to remove the whole left side menu? then, add settings possible widget for combined widget stack so it shows at the bottom?
  • 26(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic Fuse0