• 8(current)
[Archive] Arctic
(2013-08-22, 05:10)Tripp Wrote: EDIT: OMG, I'm so sorry. Apparently I wasn't waiting for the screensaver to kick in when it will go into screensaver mode and the full screen takes effect. I get it now. Anyway to force this screen to appear without waiting the designated minutes?

No problem.

You should be able to just press "back" (backspace on keyboard) when on the home screen main menu to get to the music visualisation. Alternatively, irc the TAB key should switch straight to the music visualisation.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Hi jurialmunkey
I'have a question. I have a lot of movie and every movie is in a single folder with the same name. With mediaelch i download the cd art, the banner and all others stuff available for each movie. I have Artwork downloader installed and in the config the option "us local folder" is on
Why I can't see those artwork as in the preview in the first page of this post?

Cheers
(2013-08-22, 19:44)magico77 Wrote: Hi jurialmunkey
I'have a question. I have a lot of movie and every movie is in a single folder with the same name. With mediaelch i download the cd art, the banner and all others stuff available for each movie. I have Artwork downloader installed and in the config the option "us local folder" is on

Cheers

Are you speaking of the movie posters on the first page of the Artic thread?

If you go to movies and push up twice, you should see this.
If you want to see if always just go to Settings > Skin > Home and change "Home Style to "Panel"

Hope this helps

Jurial, something I've been trying to do, I've added the "Genres" button under movies, but when I go to "Genres", the only option is "Big List" Can we get other options here in the "Genre" view?

Also, what's the format of adding Fanart to the Genre view? (Possible to get Cover Flow added to view options?)

Thanks in Advance
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Office
: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 50"                         \  Movies: 2734

Master Bedroom: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 43"     \  Music: Artist 220 |  Albums 1001 | Songs 106995
TheaterGoogle TV | Kodi  20.0 | Samsung 75"                    \  TV Shows: 62 |  Seasons 218 | Episodes 3858
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi jurialmunkey

is it possible to have the white banner in homepage with fade?

thanks
Antec Fusion - A6 5400k / Ati HD7540 - Kodi Isengard
ASRock Beebox n3150 - Kodi Jarvis
Oled 55E6V - Onkyo nr809 - B&W 5.1 - Harmony One
Would you ever consider supporting plexbmc? Amber supports it and I love it, but I would like to try this on for size.
(2013-08-21, 13:02)GaiusOmnibus Wrote: I am tryin out arctic at the moment and stumbled about something strange.

Usualy i enter my music directory about artist in wall view, then Big cover on the albums and Low list for the single album.
Sometimes when i leave the view with the albums of an artist i end up in a big list view containing either only the last used or all artists(seems random) now i have to go up in the tree (choose artist, album etc , the point were i can choose what i wanna see as standard view) when i enter artist again everything is back to normal.
Yes that is strange. I've never had that happen to me. If you find out anything else of interest that causes it to happen, let me know and I'll look into it. Otherwise, I'm not really sure what would cause that.

(2013-08-22, 19:44)magico77 Wrote: Hi jurialmunkey
If you are having issues with Artwork Downloader finding your local artwork, you will have to ask about it in the Artwork Downloader thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=114633

If you are having problems with artwork only in a specific part of the skin, then I need more details about where it is happening.

(2013-08-22, 20:09)hoopsdavis Wrote: Jurial, something I've been trying to do, I've added the "Genres" button under movies, but when I go to "Genres", the only option is "Big List" Can we get other options here in the "Genre" view?

Also, what's the format of adding Fanart to the Genre view? (Possible to get Cover Flow added to view options?)
Yeah, I've been meaning to do this for a while, just haven't found the time (been busy last two weeks). The problem with Genres is that the artwork isn't handled the same way as things in the library - so every viewtype needs special code just to handle genre artwork, and then there isn't an easy way for users to change that artwork other than editing the actual image files by hand. Also, there is the issue of what to show when there isn't any artwork to show - for instance, in my library there are a bunch of genres (such as: indie, foreign, suspense etc.) that do not have specific genre art - so in the big list they just show the default genre image -- when using something like the poster view, this becomes a problem because there is no way to tell what they are quickly and easily. And all the view types with some sort of info (e.g. low or medium list) or fanart (wall panel, panel list etc.) don't have anything to show in those areas. Nonetheless, I will add classic poster and wall view for genres when I get the chance.

(2013-08-22, 23:34)Hetfiled Wrote: Hi jurialmunkey
I'm not sure what you mean?

(2013-08-23, 00:06)kri kri Wrote: Would you ever consider supporting plexbmc? Amber supports it and I love it, but I would like to try this on for size.
Never used it. Maybe eventually, but not for the time being. I'll have a look into how Amber supports it and see how big a job it would be. The biggest problem for me is that I don't use it so I can't test it!
(2013-08-23, 00:53)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2013-08-22, 23:34)Hetfiled Wrote: Hi jurialmunkey
I'm not sure what you mean?

Blush my english is not good... I meant this white banner

with fade I think that could be more nice.

Another question:
my guide is like this http://i.imgur.com/DMM2zA2.png
but I would this http://i.imgur.com/yU7uCNr.jpg

which option in the menu I looking for?

thank you.
(2013-08-23, 12:25)Hetfiled Wrote: Blush my english is not good... I meant this white banner

with fade I think that could be more nice.

Another question:
my guide is like this http://i.imgur.com/DMM2zA2.png
but I would this http://i.imgur.com/yU7uCNr.jpg

which option in the menu I looking for?

thank you.
If by fade you mean transparency, then its not really possible because of the dark panel behind that slides up.

For onscreen info: to show the plot you just need to press "up" after bringing up the info.
If you are talking about showing the poster instead of the logo, you need to turn off "Settings > Skin > OSD > Prefer clearlogo for video". To enable the discart you need to turn on "Settings > Skin > General > Enable CDart"
UPDATE: 0.3.3 -- OSD Updates
Added an option for a smaller video osd (see images).
Moved the osd controls to the top of the screen.
Poster/logo now shown when pausing.

Hey Jurial, were you still planning to add the addtional view options to the "Movies: Genre" screen?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Office

Master Bedroom: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 43"     \  Music: Artist 220 |  Albums 1001 | Songs 106995
TheaterGoogle TV | Kodi  20.0 | Samsung 75"                    \  TV Shows: 62 |  Seasons 218 | Episodes 3858
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm actually adding classic poster for genres right now Wink
I just need to make a smaller banner for the bottom of the poster to show the genre name, then it should be ready.
EDIT: Classic Poster view now added to genres.
(2013-08-25, 07:07)jurialmunkey Wrote: I'm actually adding classic poster for genres right now Wink
I just need to make a smaller banner for the bottom of the poster to show the genre name, then it should be ready.

Cool. Thanks, I appreciate it.
Office

(2013-08-23, 12:25)Hetfiled Wrote: If by fade you mean transparency, then its not really possible because of the dark panel behind that slides up.

thank you for your answer (and for new update)

could be an idea make both panels with transparency ?
jurialmunkey, is possible add to view slideshow extrathumbs in the info panel for movie?.
Thanks.............................Huh
Hi jurialmunkey,

In my library I have documentaries with many episodies, and XBMC show each episode as the same film. The only way to see the difference between them would be to show the real path in the info movie screen.
I know you want to keep the layout as clean as possible, but maybe you can show this path only if the Update button is focused... It's only a suggest.

Thanks for this skin. I love it!
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Archive] Arctic24