• 66(current)
[RELEASE] cdART Manager Script
Hi giftie, I have a problem with some artists.

When Cdart Manager search the ID of Beyoncé it didn't find any result for the artist "Beyoncé". My question is, do I need to change it's name by "Beyoncé Knowles" to find any result?

And the same for Blink-182, do I need to use "blink-182"?

Thanks in advance Smile
(2012-06-21, 16:19)filthycatbox Wrote: Well, both really. I can copy the images as you said, but still the skin will not read the files in this location right?
Currently, here is an example of my folder structure:

/ Music
// Artist
folder.jpg
fanart.jpg
logo.png
// Album
folder.jpg
cdart.png

As I understand it, these images are not being read currently.
It would just make it a whole lot easier if the skin, script, whatever looked in the music folders themselves rather than the userdata folder. Especially in regards to smb shares.

Have you tried 2.6.6 and use the Update thumbnail an fanart in settings? XBMC has a specific method for artwork retrieval, the last(or almost last) is from the folder.

(2012-06-21, 16:33)Hellnino18 Wrote: Hi giftie, I have a problem with some artists.

When Cdart Manager search the ID of Beyoncé it didn't find any result for the artist "Beyoncé". My question is, do I need to change it's name by "Beyoncé Knowles" to find any result?

And the same for Blink-182, do I need to use "blink-182"?

Thanks in advance Smile

It's more or less a MusicBrainz issue. They have been shifting and reorganizing, Beyoncé became Beyoncé Knowles now. fanart.tv has not updated to match this change, I can't fetch the old ID, it only provides the new one, though the old one is linked to the new one.

I see you found the thread on fanart.tv Smile You can check for artists that don't have MBID's by looking at the missing.txt file(when using 2.6.6 on)

Regarding Blink-182 vs blink-182, it is again MusicBrainz being a little tighter on matching artists, 2.6.7 will match up to aliases(Blink-182 is an alias for blink-182)

I should have a test version for 2.6.7 up today.
Actually the test version is now available Smile It past the last of the tests on my side..

Available here: https://github.com/downloads/Giftie/scri....2.6.7.zip

To take advantange of the fixes, do an Update XBMC Thumbnails and Fanarts(in settings) and Update Database(Advanced -> Modify Local Database -> Update Database) - No need to delete the database.

Code:
- Fix - make sure dialog during artist check is printable
- Fix - provide proper saving of missing.txt to VFS path
- Fix - correct artist query during database update to be Album Artist only
- Fix - json code for artists
- Add - added code for matching artists via Aliases, ie John Cougar, John Cougar Mellancamp and Johnny Cougar all match to John Mellancamp.

(2012-06-21, 08:01)Ectholian Wrote: Ah ok thanks, think i have to bother the skin then Smile
A have no cdart.png files in any directory of my music library. Obviously, I am not that familier yet with how everything goes but you pointed me in the good direction.

You can use the script to download the artwork that it finds on fanart.tv.
Hi giftie, I think there is a problem with the missing.txt file. A lot of album are missing in "Albums Missing Artwork". I think you don't display album without any cdart and folder? Am I right?

And another question, you don't display an artist in "Artists Missing Artwork" if it has all of fanart + clearlogo + artist Thumb? If it's right, I think you should do the same for "Albums Missing Artwork", and don't display all albums that have cdart + folder?

Thanks again and again Smile
(2012-06-22, 13:22)Hellnino18 Wrote: Hi giftie, I think there is a problem with the missing.txt file. A lot of album are missing in "Albums Missing Artwork". I think you don't display album without any cdart and folder? Am I right?

And another question, you don't display an artist in "Artists Missing Artwork" if it has all of fanart + clearlogo + artist Thumb? If it's right, I think you should do the same for "Albums Missing Artwork", and don't display all albums that have cdart + folder?

Thanks again and again Smile

You are quite correct on both accounts...

A working test version is available now, - https://github.com/downloads/Giftie/scri....2.6.8.zip
2.6.7 Crashes on me. When I try to execute it from the 'programs' screen, a dialog pops up and says something like "CDart manager script has failed".

Doh! I see 2.6.8 is out now. I'll try it tonight.

Here's my log if you want to see it anyways.
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B7AD8nJ...mJpM0haREU
Well, I did all that giftie to no avail.
I updated the database, and updated the fanarts and thumbnails and the artist thumb does not display in a folder where the thumb (folder.jpg) is present.
Actually, I've also noticed that after you click on the update fanart and thumbnails option then I cannot then go back into the program. I can get into the settings, but clicking on the cdart manager in the programs menu does nothing until I quit and restart xbmc.
It doesn't work for me giftie. My missing.txt file isn't create anymore.

In log i have :

"Error deleting file MYPATHTOMISSING.TXT" and after :

"ERROR: CLocalizeStrings::ClearBlock: Tryng to clear non existent block MYPATH TO addons\script.cdartmanager"
(2012-06-22, 17:41)filthycatbox Wrote: Well, I did all that giftie to no avail.
I updated the database, and updated the fanarts and thumbnails and the artist thumb does not display in a folder where the thumb (folder.jpg) is present.
Actually, I've also noticed that after you click on the update fanart and thumbnails option then I cannot then go back into the program. I can get into the settings, but clicking on the cdart manager in the programs menu does nothing until I quit and restart xbmc.

That is because cdART Manager is running in the back ground, and when you try to start cdART Manager, you cancel out the background running... I guess I need to put up a notifcation pop up.

(2012-06-22, 21:08)Hellnino18 Wrote: It doesn't work for me giftie. My missing.txt file isn't create anymore.

In log i have :

"Error deleting file MYPATHTOMISSING.TXT" and after :

"ERROR: CLocalizeStrings::ClearBlock: Tryng to clear non existent block MYPATH TO addons\script.cdartmanager"

I need a debug log. The second 'error' is really not an error.
here's another test version.

https://github.com/downloads/Giftie/scri....2.6.9.zip

Code:
- Fix - Properly handle VFS file paths for saving missing.txt
- Fix - Properly display Progress Dialog when saving missing.txt
- Add - Provide Progress Dialog for Updating Thumbnails and Fanart
Just tested v.2.6.9:

missing.txt is still not saved to a smb-location for me:
debug.log

besides that all is working extremely well from an user perspective Big Grin
As always, a log for you to see if there are underlying hiccups:
automatic searches+updating thumbnails

I see the problem. I've mixed up the temporary saving and the path you provide during the copy.

Will have it fixed...
@giftie-im sorting and tagging my music with mp3tag all is great exceppt for florence + the machine , the artist and album nfo works for description but no cdart
I can only think the '+' is causing an issue I am using wordpad in windows for custom nfo
Sorry to trouble a busy coder but I thought maybe you could help
Check out my Fanart.tv stuff!
...........I also accept disc requests if image not on fanart.tv database !!!!
  • 66(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] cdART Manager Script6