aptalca's mini A6 build
(2012-06-25, 05:44)jangjong Wrote:
(2012-06-25, 05:28)bluray Wrote:
(2012-06-25, 05:05)jangjong Wrote: Hey! You copied my build... they're the exact same parts!
No one is copying anyone these days.....the parts are available all over the net.....chance are somebody out there will have the same parts as you!

After you built it, it is your original build......enjoy it!

I do like my build.. and I was just saying that he got the idea from my build. I wasn't saying that was bad or anything. I'm glad that he found my build helpful.

Copy cats! Tongue

Nice build!
(2012-06-25, 06:06)Dougie Fresh Wrote: I still get tripped up on turning everything but deinterlacing off in the AMD drivers everytime I build a new system. It's been that way since I built my first AMD HTPC in 2007 or whenever it was. PITA.

I think I've even turned off de-interlacing...are you saying it's better to get the AMD drivers to do it than XBMC? Almsot everything I wathc is progressive, but the kids watch some live tv and a lot of that is still interlaced (amazingly).
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
Nice build, and nice pictures. I always appreciate seeing pictures.
One of these days,...it's going to help me when I build another one.

Which might be any day now since my workstation died over the weekend. Sad but then again Smile
Thanks guys, I have been waiting a long time to finally post a thread about a new build Smile

(2012-06-25, 13:59)GortWillSaveUs Wrote: Nice build, and nice pictures. I always appreciate seeing pictures.
One of these days,...it's going to help me when I build another one.

Which might be any day now since my workstation died over the weekend. Sad but then again Smile

Gort, when my guestroom htpc died, I was mad. But it turned out to be a blessing, because since it was also the print server and my wife then had to plug her laptop to the printer upstairs every time she wanted to print, it became much easier to convince her that we needed a new build, lol.
(2012-06-25, 09:24)bossanova808 Wrote:
(2012-06-25, 06:06)Dougie Fresh Wrote: I still get tripped up on turning everything but deinterlacing off in the AMD drivers everytime I build a new system. It's been that way since I built my first AMD HTPC in 2007 or whenever it was. PITA.

I think I've even turned off de-interlacing...are you saying it's better to get the AMD drivers to do it than XBMC? Almsot everything I wathc is progressive, but the kids watch some live tv and a lot of that is still interlaced (amazingly).

It was the original advice I'd seen way back when and still see from time-to-time. I watch live TV through WMC (I have a CableCard tuner) so I cannot speak to XBMC but yeah, there is a lot of interlaced content. The MS Video Decoder needs the driver's deinterlacing help for sure.
(2012-06-25, 04:57)Dougie Fresh Wrote: In the BIOS there's a "Goodnight LED" feature. I haven't fooled around with it enough to know if that'll solve the S3 blinking LED problem or not. It might be worth checking out.

Gigabyte boards (at least the few I've used) don't blink the LED in S3 sleep, just S1.

Also, check out these: http://www.amazon.com/StarTech-4-Inch-Se...00032Q30Q/ they look great on the E-i5/E-i7.

Hey, thanks for letting me know about the "Goodnight LED".

I went into the bios. This time the resolution was set correctly and the mouse worked better (Maybe the first time was a glitch)

Anyway, the "Good Night LED" was set to "auto" and "other options were "enable" and "disable". i set it to "disable" and now the power LED is off most of the time. When I turn the computer on, the LED comes on for a second and then turns off and remains off. I am happier :-)
Awesome. Congrats again on the build. You guys have inspired me to offer it as a barebones on my site. It has the E-i5, A6-3500, A75, 4GB DDR-1866 and the NT07-AM2. Someone just needs to add up to 2 x 2.5" HDD with their OS and they've got this great HTPC build. Thanks!

(2012-06-26, 05:39)Dougie Fresh Wrote: Awesome. Congrats again on the build. You guys have inspired me to offer it as a barebones on my site. It has the E-i5, A6-3500, A75, 4GB DDR-1866 and the NT07-AM2. Someone just needs to add up to 2 x 2.5" HDD with their OS and they've got this great HTPC build. Thanks!

That is a nice barebones system.... Big Grin Thumbs up!

Hi aptalca!
How much space is there between the cooler and the ssd?
Spec says that 3.5" hdd is ok with 36mm cooler. This is 36.5, but I can't imagine that there is space for a ~26mm 3.5 hdd.
Thanks
If you use a 1U (28mm) cooler there is exactly enough room for a 3.5" HDD in the E-i5 case. It's not a configuration I recommend with the case. You'd want to use a side-blowing CPU cooler such as the Dynatron K199 and low-wattage CPU. The 3,5" HDD will block all of the air space above the motherboard. It can be done though if you know what you're getting into. With a 3.5" HDD installed, there is no room for an SSD unless you use mSATA.

Hi Dougie Fresh!

At that moment i'm just thinking about it... the cause is I have already a 2TB 3.5" hdd.. and I wouldn't like bigger case if it is possible. I really don't like bigger case option..
I would't like to play games or do very powerful thng so I thought about the minimum Llano/Trinity cpu (a4). If needed then overclocked, undervolt, etc. But I think it would be better than a brazos system.
Important for me to be a silent computer!! What do you think think about this?

What do you mean about low powered cpu? 65W is ok for this case?
- Should I use side fan in this case? Or just for more powerfull cpus?

Btw, I think I don't buy new adapter so I should have to undervolt/underclock it.
- Is it enough to use this recommended Gelid 1U heatsink? or is it better a higher heatsink without fan and a fan in side of the case?

thank you very-very much

I think you have a lot working against you in this build because you want to put a lot into a small case and then have it be silent. These requirements are all at odds with each other. If you're ok with it then I would say go for it with this in mind.

1. You have room for 1 x 3.5" HDD. If you also want an SSD you will need an mSATA SSD
2. You have room for a 28mm CPU cooler and nothing more
3. With the motherboard, CPU and HDD all producing heat in a confined space, the fan(s) will have to work harder meaning they will get noiser.

It's one of those things that you'll have to try and see if you like the results. Consider using a side-blowing cooler (Dynatron makes them) and getting a couple of case fans (40mmx10mm is all you have room for) but again, that's all going to add noise. I think you'll need the case fans to keep the 3.5" HDD cool.

I would not try to go fanless.

Have you considered using an eSATA external enclosure?

Hi,
I wouldt't like to use external usb.
Thanks a lot

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
aptalca's mini A6 build0